What's new

Aero India - 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reporting straight from LCA Tejas cockpit

With better handling capabilities and advanced avionics, the LCA is MiG-21 ++, and is set to replace the old warhorse of the Indian Air Force — the Soviet MiG-21 fighter jets.

yaar!!!! inko koi to bolo that ACM clarify things about generation,he said that LCA IS INDEED A 4th GENERATION AIRCRAFT BUT IT YET TO FIRE BVR & DROP PGM,WHICH IT STATED TO ACHIEVE IN ONE YEAR ,TILL THEN JUST CALL LCA A MIG 21++ CLASS............. :disagree::no:

Aero India Day-4

SATISH%2B001.jpg

SATISH%2B002.jpg

Continuing the "My faourite pic of Aero India 2011" theme, here is the best picture of AE 2011 according to me.

AERO%2BINDIA%2B2011-%2BDAY%2B3%2B-%2BLOT%2BV%2B%25288%2529-797859.jpg

Touching, isn't it?

AERO INDIA: Gripen push shows Saab 'here to stay' in Indian market

Saab is here with its largest ever presence at Aero India, with the Swedish manufacturer pursuing both the Indian air force's medium multi-role combat aircraft (MMRCA) deal and a long-term relationship with local industry.

"The company realised the importance of growing in this market several years ago, and our presence at this show reflects our commitment," says Eddy de la Motte, director Gripen India. "This is not only a Gripen thing. This is a great market and we're here to stay."

Several tie-ups have already been made, including with Indian conglomorate Mahindra, and with Bangalore-based firms CIM Tools, Quest Engineering and Tata Advance Material.

getAsset.aspx

© Billypix​

In addition to the attendance of three Swedish air force Gripen C/Ds, Saab has brought two of its regional aircraft and airborne surveillance products, the 340 and larger 2000 turboprop. Its Skeldar unmanned helicopter is also on display, along with command and control systems and electronic warfare equipment.

But it is in the $10 billion-plus MMRCA contest that it is placing most attention. "We believe that we have the best aircraft for the Indian air force, and are offering an unbeatable technology transfer programme," says de la Motte. "This is a chance for India to decide if it wants to be independent in future fighter technology and to be able to design and build systems on a par with the rest of the world."

Meanwhile, Saab's Top Gun contest - which offers the chance for one Indian civilian to fly in the Gripen - has caused a major stir, with a competition page on the company's website having attracted more than 150,000 visits.

De la Motte says a shortlist of five candidates will be invited to the show on Saturday to fly the Gripen simulator, before a winner is selected to fly the aircraft for real by Sunday.

AERO INDIA: Gripen push shows Saab 'here to stay' in Indian market

^^^^Sir,can the Night Vision sensors mounted on the Nose of the L.C.H scan objects/terrain directly under the helicopter or does the L.C.H have to move in such a way that the area is covered????If not,then does it not become a crippling point during operations in dense jungles???

Oh yes i am... Thanks.. more is to come ... :cheers:

I didn't knew that you changed ID! Got it from your youtube channel.

Been busy collecting them and taking on the occasional overly nationalistic fanboys who are overly insecure about the quality of their equipment and lurk to pass on comments to venture their frustrations.
lol

India's Boeing P-8I Moving Forward

BANGALORE, India - Boeing announced a number of milestones in India's P-8I program during the 2011 Aero India air show being held in Bangalore, India, from Feb. 9-13.

In 2010 Boeing completed the final design for the P-8I and began fabrication in December, said Leland Wright, Boeing's P-8I program manager. The first flight of the new aircraft is scheduled for the end of this year

The aircraft is designed specifically for the Indian Navy for long-range maritime patrol and reconnaissance, he said. The aircraft is "designed specifically to integrate indigenous India equipment."

It is a military derivative of the Boeing 737-800 and a variant of the U.S. Navy's P-8A Poseidon. India is the first international customer for the P-8 and Leland expects other countries to express an interest in the platform in the future. Boeing projects the market for maritime patrol aircraft to be around 100 P-8s.

The contract with the Indian Navy is for eight aircraft, including an option for four additional platforms. Delivery of the first aircraft is expected in 2013, he said.

Leland did confirm that the Standoff Land Attack Missile-Expanded Response (SLAM-ER) system was not part of the deal, but Boeing has a license to export the cruise missile system to India should it opt for it in the future. Instead, the P-8I will carry four Harpoon anti-ship missiles.

Boeing is still identifying offset partners in India. So far Boeing has arranged offset supply agreements with Bharat Electronics, TATA Advanced Materials, Dynamatic Technologies Limited, Avantel and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited. Four additional offset contracts are being defined and the P-8I offset contract performance is on schedule, Leland said

India's Boeing P-8I Moving Forward - Defense News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom