Advance Super Hornet is a

• Total voters

C130

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
F18-Advanced-Super-Hornet-3.png

Price. $65 million for Super Hornet add a few million more for Advance Super Hornet

Range. CFTs add as much as 130NM over Super Hornet
0*EHMRa8PPl9y0MS3a.png

Enclosed Weapons Pod. EWP gives the ASH 50% reduce radar cross section compared to Super Hornet block 2

163474043-Advanced-Super-Hornet-Media-Brief_page21_image267.png

AESA Radar. APG-79 AESA capabilities. Software still seems be a problem but is being ironed out.

Enhanced Engine- 20% thrust increase over stock GE-414 used on Super Hornet and Tejas Mk.II, Gripen NG

f0082824_4f875a21d7c03.jpg

Next Gen Cockpit- looks like it took some pointers from the F-35

Internal IRST- intergrated IRST

advanced_super_hornet_sensors-278x300.jpg

advance weapons.

JDAM
Paveway
SDB I and II (future)
JSOW/ER
Aim-9X
Aim-120D and Aim-120-ER 50% increase range
HARM
JASSM
Brimestone (future)
Harpoon
LRASM (future)
CBU-97 Sensor Fuzed Weapon/105
SLAM-ER

Boeing refused to provide TOT for critical technology and India is weary of too much banking on the US.
I think they might change their mind this time around if the opportunity arose.

Boeing just got a lifeline from the U.S wanting to buy more F-18s, but if they can make a deal with India sure they could keep the line going in St.Louis for at least two more years.

I think they might change their mind this time around if the opportunity arose.

Boeing just got a lifeline from the U.S wanting to buy more F-18s, but if they can make a deal with India sure they could keep the line going in St.Louis for at least two more years.

Congress won't approve technology claws. India is not formally allied to the US.

F18-Advanced-Super-Hornet-3.png

Price. $65 million for Super Hornet add a few million more for Advance Super Hornet

Range. CFTs add as much as 130NM over Super Hornet
0*EHMRa8PPl9y0MS3a.png

Enclosed Weapons Pod. EWP gives the ASH 50% reduce radar cross section compared to Super Hornet block 2

163474043-Advanced-Super-Hornet-Media-Brief_page21_image267.png

AESA Radar. APG-79 AESA capabilities. Software still seems be a problem but is being ironed out.

Enhanced Engine- 20% thrust increase over stock GE-414 used on Super Hornet and Tejas Mk.II, Gripen NG

f0082824_4f875a21d7c03.jpg

Next Gen Cockpit- looks like it took some pointers from the F-35

Internal IRST- intergrated IRST

advanced_super_hornet_sensors-278x300.jpg

Its fly away cost................

On Topic- India will not go for SH or ASH.

India will go for US jet in only one scenario- if jet is Raptor............

On Topic- India will not go for SH or ASH.

you want a $250 million dollar lemon :o:

you want a $250 million dollar lemon :o:

Raptor is best in its class, so be sure if its is offered India will buy it even with strings.

Imagine its effect on morale of our enemies.

Boeing refused to provide TOT for critical technology and India is weary of too much banking on the US.

It's 65 mil + change as opposed to the 130 mil they're willing to pay for the Rafale. I'm sure they can use the 7 billion they save in all the R & D their little heart desires. :-)

Which is 100 mil for a Rafale.

You can have it as soon as the 6th generation aircrafts replace it. :D

it is the best, but the cost to buy,maintain, and fly it is absurd.

Even 2 dozen of these birds will make enormous difference.

It's 65 mil + change as opposed to the 130 mil they're willing to pay for the Rafale. I'm sure they can use the 7 billion they save in all the R & D their little heart desires. :-)

IND151 said:

Which is 100 mil for a Rafale.

You can have it as soon as the 6th generation aircrafts replace it. :D

My point was SH cost is more than 65 million dollars, its life cycle cost is above 100 million, so its not definitely cheap.

Even 2 dozen of these birds will make enormous difference.
yet F-22 has 50 to 60% availability rate so out of those 24 F-22s only 12 to 14 them would be able to sortie.

My point was SH cost is more than 65 million dollars, its life cycle cost is above 100 million, so its not definitely cheap.

I guess my point was that the Rafale's fly away cost is around 100 mil. So this still quite a bit cheaper. I can't imagine that the life cycle cost is going to exceed that of the Rafale by 35 million

ASH can be seriously considered for Indian navy along with E-2D advance hawkeye but definitely airforce is not gonna buy them now.

Back
Top Bottom