Aim-120D and Aim-120-ER 50% increase range
HARM
JASSM
Brimestone (future)
Harpoon
LRASM (future)
CBU-97 Sensor Fuzed Weapon/105
SLAM-ER
If US helps us in learning critical technology like space science, jet engines, full tech transfer of even early series of F18A/B. I m sure we can go for more than 100 jets. We have more than enough spare money to spend if someone is willing to help us in our natinal interest. F18E/F advanced jets are even acceptable without full tech transfer but as I stated earlier it should be a packaged offer for such a big order instead of standalone offer.

Anyway my favorite is 1000 pound JDAMs, AIM 120 latest missiles, and precision standoff attack missiles. I am not big fan of AIM 9 series. But powerful integrated gun is must for me.

Boeing refused to provide TOT for critical technology and India is weary of too much banking on the US.
This is party correct only. We are recieving the military grade critical technology from USA at present. But we are weary of signing any agreement which does not align with our interests like BECA, CISMA & Logistical support agreement. Although BJP government may sign logistical support agreement with US but we are against those agreements which have hidden strings attached. I would support logistical support agreement only if its equal sharing pact, without any strings attached.

I think they might change their mind this time around if the opportunity arose.

Boeing just got a lifeline from the U.S wanting to buy more F-18s, but if they can make a deal with India sure they could keep the line going in St.Louis for at least two more years.
I don't know what people in USA think of us but I will state one thing quite clear about our focus that's inegrated package. F18 is awesome bird but alone it doesn't make much change. There must be something value in the the deal.

Its the Saudis, they'll buy stuff without question. There is a nice story narrated about the Saudis by a very senior PAF officer in his book: Back in the 60s the Saudis were looking for a new fighter.. and had asked the PAF to advise them. The offers were from Lockheed with the F-104, Northrop with the F-5 and English Electric with the Lightening. After evaluations the PAF highly recommended the F-5, placed the F-104 a poor second and completely dismissed the Lightening; The Saudis went straight ahead and bought the lightening. When the shocked PAF teams asked the Saudis about their decision their logic was that since the PAF had not even operated the F-5 yet it was placed in first and the 104 that they did operate was placed such a poor second.. the Saudis decided that in reality the Lightening must be the best aircraft.. although in reality as the Al-Yamama contracts showed.. it was all about kickbacks and bribes between the parent(British) and the offspring(House of Saud). The Typhoon purchase probably has similar logic to it.
The Mirage-4000 project was actually financed in part by the Saudis yet in the end they suddenly ended up purchasing the F-15. So Saudi(for that matter many GCC nations) purchases are still more motivated by relations with the right princes and Supercar gifts than with actual performance.
Lol :lol:

EFT is even more expensive than Rafale.And they bought without any question and ToT.Thanks to the oil money.

India will go for US Jets i coming years wait and see especially the navy, if they chose to get EMALS...I'll bet you anytime... its going to be F-35

if yes fro US then considering the cost we'll buy in a small quantity where TOT is not needed...

India will go for Raptor if it is offered, regardless of whether TOT is offered or not.

Price. $65 million for Super Hornet add a few million more for Advance Super Hornet

Range. CFTs add as much as 130NM over Super Hornet

Enclosed Weapons Pod. EWP gives the ASH 50% reduce radar cross section compared to Super Hornet block 2

AESA Radar. APG-79 AESA capabilities. Software still seems be a problem but is being ironed out.

Enhanced Engine- 20% thrust increase over stock GE-414 used on Super Hornet and Tejas Mk.II, Gripen NG

Next Gen Cockpit- looks like it took some pointers from the F-35

Internal IRST- intergrated IRST

F/A-18 Super Hornet is excellent fighter. Does India really need it ?

India will go for Raptor if it is offered, regardless of whether TOT is offered or not.

I would agree - India would buy F-22 and F-35 TOT or not

F/A-18 Super Hornet is excellent fighter. Does India really need it ?

I would agree - India would buy F-22 and F-35 TOT or not

it is a good fighter. does India need it??? I would say yes since you all are about a shortfall in fighter squadrons from what I have read.

Rafale is the better jet with a better ToT
but the ASH would be cheaper to build and fly and would come with a better arms package.

I would say stick with the Rafale and it's kinda to late now for ASH anyhow :(

I think they might change their mind this time around if the opportunity arose.

Boeing just got a lifeline from the U.S wanting to buy more F-18s, but if they can make a deal with India sure they could keep the line going in St.Louis for at least two more years.
But the problem is our UNCLE SAM baba hang lots of strings attached when to use and when not to use them . Leave ToT alone . Which is another draw back.

But since this is already an old technology as far as US is concerned and F18s are about to retire after F35s there is very 10% hope for ToT . But again When Indian Navy looking for Rafale M it's highly doubtful we will buy them .

it is a good fighter. does India need it??? I would say yes since you all are about a shortfall in fighter squadrons from what I have read.

Rafale is the better jet with a better ToT
but the ASH would be cheaper to build and fly and would come with a better arms package.

I would say stick with the Rafale and it's kinda to late now for ASH anyhow :(

If Uncle Sam offered 40 F-35 with no TOT at a competitive price I would buy it. you get to peek at a sophisticated aircraft and play with it

with MMRCA dead...did India do the right thing of not picking the Super Hornet??

if I could of negotiated the deal

I would of agreed to these terms

11 billion for the planes and initial weapons package and maintenance
India builds 100 Super Hornets in India either E/F config
U.S builds the 26 Growlers which I think India would need for SEADs
ea18g_navy_20070411.jpg

complete ToT on the GE-414 engine which is used both on the Super Hornet and Tejas Mk2 and maybe Tejas Mk3

license production of JDAM kits and Paveway kits.

JV on JAGM if India was interested or integration of Brimestone on the Super Hornet.

BI232793.jpg

Back
Top Bottom