What's new

Adnan Sami's properties seized

recently introduced.
To legal hiers in inida. I think 2-3 months back Rajah of muhamadabad won Rs.300 crore worth of his property in UP in Allahabad high court.(i 'll try to search it )

Bill to amend migrant property law introduced
The Bill proposes that the enemy property, as it is legally called, "could be divested only to the owner or his (or her) lawful heir"
Published on 11/15/2010 - 11:59:14 AM
New Delhi: The government on Monday introduced a legislation in parliament that gives Indian Muslims — if they are legal heirs — a right to claim the properties of relatives who migrated to Pakistan during the Partition in 1947.

The Bill, introduced by Home Minister P Chidambaram in fact seeks amendment to an over 40-year-old legislation called the Enemy Property Act, 1968. The changes to the Act were cleared by the government last month but they need Parliament's approval before becoming law.

The Bill, titled the Enemy Property (Amendment and Validation) Second Bill, 2010, proposes that the enemy property, as it is legally called, "could be divested only to the owner or his (or her) lawful heir".

According to the original law, the government as the custodian of all such properties had the right to rent them out to anybody.

The change, if approved by Parliament, would ease the way for an Indian Muslim who is a legal inheritor of such property to get ownership rights. But the claimant will have to legally prove his or her inheritance and should be an Indian citizen by birth, repots IANS.

Okay may be i am wrong about this new enemy property act.!

But even if this act is there in constitution, even then what this act has to do with this case of adnan sami?? :what:

hmm.. sad story.. then again all those 2.4 crores are made in india & will remain in india.
he can always fall back on 'LIFT KARADAY' for bit of inspiration if he feels low now!!

hmm.. sad story.. then again all those 2.4 crores are made in india & will remain in india.
he can always fall back on 'LIFT KARADAY' for bit of inspiration if he feels low now!!

was he planning to DHL his property to another country...:rofl:

great ! nice scam ... very impressed

Poor guy, these are the moments you desperately wish to be in your homeland. I am going to reserved a place for him at saddar chowk where he can sing "lift karade" all day and night..

Adnan Sami's properties seized

article2_1.jpg

MUMBAI: The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has confiscated eight properties and five parking spaces acquired by singer Adnan Sami under the Foreign Exchange Management Act. This means that the same have become government properties.

The ED has also imposed a fine of Rs 20 lakh on the singer as being a Pakistan national, he was not allowed to acquire properties in India.

Officials said that in 2003, the actor had acquired eight immovable properties along with five parking spaces in Oberoi Sky Garden housing society in Lokhandwala, Andheri for a total consideration of Rs 2.53 crore.

Adnan Sami's properties seized - The Times of India

Where was the officials for the last 7 years?
I love his songs just like Atif Aslam's :)

If this news is true then I am glad to hear this, not because he bought these properties in India but because he said crappy things about Pakistan. His father Mr. Sami Khan was the ambassador of Pakistan in Sweden and played a major role in brain washing him against Pakistan unfortunately.

Adnan Sami was never welcomed by most of the Pakistanies anyways. He can go back to his adopted country Sweden.

man.. you don't DHL anything!!:rofl: there is nothing called DHLing!! you either freight or courier stuffs..:D

i'm pretty much aware of the facts u stated ...
as a lot of people say googling when they are searching the net, i say DHL for courier .. :azn:

i'm pretty much aware of the facts u stated ...
as a lot of people say googling when they are searching the net, i say DHL for courier .. :azn:

i kno where u coming from. don't take it to heart. it's just that i countered a funny comment with a funny one!! peace.. :cheers:

hey if i am not wrong but this was not passed and president sent it back for modificatons somewhere around august...... let me use my googling too :D
Plz check the date of news report....

Published on 11/15/2010 - 11:59:14 AM
New Delhi: The government on Monday introduced a legislation in parliament that gives Indian Muslims — if they are legal heirs — a right to claim the properties of relatives who migrated to Pakistan during the Partition in 1947.

Back
Top Bottom