What's new

Actual Medical Report fm 2007 of murder of Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto

American Eagle

MILITARY PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
United States
The following Report was directly e-mailed to me from Rawalpindi shortly after the assassination of Ms. Bhutto in Lahore, in 2007:

"On 27-12-2007 at approximately 5.35 p.m. a female patient was brought in Accident & Emergency Department of Rawalpindi General Hospital, Rawalpindi. She was brough to the Rescuscitation Room and was received by Dr. Aurangzeb Khan and Dr. Saeeda of Surgical Unit-II. This patient was identified as Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto.

Dr. Habib Ahmad Khan, Medical Superintendent RGH also arrived immediately.

The condition appreciate at the time of receiving the patient was as follows -

The patient was pulseless and was not breathing. She was markedly pale. Her pupils were fixed, dilated and non reacting to light. A wound was present on the right temporoparietal region through which blood was trickling down and whitish material which looked like brain mater was visible in the wound. Her clothes were soaked with blood.

Immediately cardiopulmonary resuscitation was started. She was ventilated by Ambu bag and within a minute was intubated with endotracheal tube, blood mixed with secretions was noticed in the throat, that was suctioned out before intubation. External cardiac compression were started. A cannula was passed in her right hand and intravenous fluids were pushed in. Inj. adrenaline was given.

No response was seen. Patient was shifted to emergency operation theatre while resuscitation was continued.

In operation theatre Dr. Arshad, Anaesthetist joined the team. Prof Mussadiq Khan also joined the team at 5.50 PM. As external cardiac masssage was not leading to any success therefore open cardiac massage was stared via left antero-lateral thoractomy. No blood was seen in the left thoracic cavity or the pericardium. There was no cardiac muscular activity seen.

Artifician assisted ventilation, internal cardiac massage and intravenous fluid resuscitation was continued. She was given intra cardiac adrenaline, calcium fluconate. These drugs along with sodium bicarbonate were also repeated intravenously.

Though no cardiac activity was seen but in order to treat fine ventricular fibrillation, electrical defibrillation was carried out. No cardiac response was seen.

Prof. Azam Yusuf and Dr. Qudsia had also joined the resuscitation team.

Pupils were fixed and dilated, no evidence of any cardiac or respiratory activiyt was observed. ECG showed no electrical activiyt.

At 6.16 p.m. it was decided to stop resusciation and patient was declared dead. The thoracotomy wound was closed. Fractured rib due to resuscitative thoracotomy was noticed.

Prof. Arif Malik and Prof Saleem also reached by then."

I have other medical details which I choose to omit here but have posted today as a separate posting. The total of the info given to me from Rawalpindi by e-mail in 2007 is three pages, one page of which are the signatures of the various doctors who received Ms. Bhutto's body at the Rawalpindi Hospital.

This two out of three pages medical report was signed by:

Prof Mohammad Mussadiq Khan
FACS, DABS, FCPS
Principal/Professor of Surgery
RMC/Allied Hospital, Rawalpindi

Dr. Habib Ahmad Khan
Medical Superintendent
Rawalpindi General Hospital
Rawalpindi

Prof. Azam Yusuf, FRCS, FCPS
Professor of Surgery
Head of Surgical Unit-II
Rawalpindi

Dr. Aurangzeb Khan FCPS
Registrar S. U II
Rawalpindi

Dr. Saeeda Yasmin
Post graduate Resident
Surgical Unit-II
Rawalpindi

Dr. Qudsiya Anjum Qureshi FCPS
Anaesthetist
Rawalpindi

Dr. Nasir Khan FCPS
Assistant Professor Radiology
Rawalpindi

The purpose and point of this posting is the raw murder of one who I admired as a potentially electable President of Pakistan who advocated democracy for her people. Investigations continue to this day as to "who" the assassins were. These are facts of a horrible nature of the hand of al Qaida and the Taliban who warned Ms. Bhutto that they would "get her" which they did!

Last edited:
Again from the e-mail dating from 2007 I received here in the USA directly from a Rawalpindi sender of that terrible assassination:

DETAILS OF THE WOUND AND ITS SURROUNDINGS

There was wound in right Temporoparietal region. Shape was irregularly oval, measuring about 5 x 3 cms, just above the pinna of right ear. Edges were irregular. No surrounding wounds or blackening was seen. There was a big boggy swelling around the wound. Blood was continuously trickling down and whitish material that looked like brain matter was seen in the wound and on the surrounding hair. Sharp bone edges were felt in wound. No foreign body was felt in the wound.

Wound was not further exploured. Gentle aseptic dressing was used to cover the wound.

Bleeding from both the ears was seen, more so from the right ear. Slight trickle of Blood was seen from right nostril also. Blood mixed with secretion was seen in the oral cavity also. Detailed external examination of the body did not reveal any other external injury.

X-rays of the skull AP and Lateral views were done after she had been declared dead. Findings are as below: -

Comminuted depressed skull fracture involving right temporoparietal bone is observed with inwards depressed fracture fragment measuring approx. 35 mm (on-X-ray measurement). Depressed fracture fragment distant from intact bony skull measures 12 mm from outer to outer skull table & 12 mm from inner to inner skull table. Two to three tiny radio-densities underneath fracture segment are observed on both projections. Associated scalp soft tissue swelling and moderate degree of pneumocephalus is observed. Rest of the bony skull is intact. Radio-opaque dental fillings are evident.

CAUSE OF DEATH

Open head injury with depressed skull fracture, leading to Cardiopulmonary arrest.

Musharraf was accused, truly or falsely, of not providing the security Ms. Bhutto needed during her campaigning for the Presidency. Musharraf in his open public remarks upon her return to Pakistan sounded to many of us less than welcoming and since has said he did not want her to have returned to Pakistan. Interesting.

Why is there nothing about the bullet? Also AE it helps if you tell us your capacity in which this mail was received.

These two postings under this single topical masthead by me today 1/7/2011 describe the killer wound in her skull were a three page e-mail I got (signatures signed were a stand alone page of the 3 pages) from an unknown source in Rawalpindi.

I have since 911 written and had published now upwards of 200 articles and letters to the editors of both DAWN and THE FRONTIER POST, as well as articles and letters in THE TIMES OF INDIA, THE MOSCOW TIMES, THE LONDON ECONOMIST MAGAZINE, AS WELL AS IN THE LAHORE TIMES and sites such as THE ALTERNATE SOLUTIONS INSTITUTE Internet monthly publication out of Lahore. More recently there is the growing series of articles I am writing for the Smithsonian Institute Cold War Museum, their on line COLD WAR TIMES publication which is run by Gary Powers, Jr. whose Dad flew the famous U-2 in 1960 from Peshawar over the USSR where he unexpectedly was shot down.

My incoming e-mail correspondence is from several different Pakistanis in Pakistan, as well as in Europe, Canada, and the US. My name and open e-mail address repeatedly published in Pakistan with my articles and letters gave everyone the ability to e-mail me.

A great deal of private e-mail interchange has happened and continues with me to this day.

I have been fair and open about my goodwill wish to win this war on terrorism sooner vs. later and help rebuild a better Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc.

Most who have written me have asked to have their identities protected as they otherwise would have been and would still be if identified assassinated by the terrorists for telling the truth of the intra-Muslims murders and mayhem inside Pakistan being done by the Taliban and al Qaida.

Who I am otherwise can be found with a photo of me in a profile article on and about me in the April 2008 issue of THE OFFICER MAGAZINE, which is the national publication of the Military Officers Association of American, of which I am a local chapter director, etc.

Look on page 28 of that issue for article and photo re me.

http://www.qg.com/smartools/ebook/h...ee8f7b860ef12f94d0a6a04b14a26bc41e8f7b860ef12

Click on the above to get to the referenced magazine issue then key in page 28 and there you are.

Last edited:
I have no idea why everyone blames Mushrafaf, but did Musharaf asked her to come out of her vehicle ??

Fine, she may not have been given top notch security, but she was in a bullet proof car and even the explosion did not damaged it or hurt anyone inside, then the question is who the hell asked Benazir to come out of the window, knowing she had great security risk and she should be inside.

Similarly there are so many questions which need to be asked and answered.

But i can assure you, Musharaf had nothing to do with Benazir murder.

I would have liked to post something which i have come to know from someone sitting right in the power setup, but alas as usual people would say its conspiracy theory or whatever, but its shocking.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

I have no idea why everyone blames Mushrafaf, but did Musharaf asked her to come out of her vehicle ??

Fine, she may not have been given top notch security, but she was in a bullet proof car and even the explosion did not damaged it or hurt anyone inside, then the question is who the hell asked Benazir to come out of the window, knowing she had great security risk and she should be inside.

I would have liked to post something which i have come to know from someone sitting right in the power setup, but alas as usual people would say its conspiracy theory or whatever, but its shocking.

Assassination of Benazir BhuttoFrom Wikipedia,

Benazir Bhutto assassination

Location Liaquat National Bagh, Rawalpindi, Punjab, Pakistan

Date 27 December 2007

Bold indicates attacks resulting in over 40 deaths
Underline indicates attacks resulting in over 100 deaths

2001 Bahawalpur

2002 1st Karachi – 2nd Karachi

2003 1st Quetta – 1st Rawalpindi

2004 2nd Quetta – 3rd Karachi – Fateh Jang – Multan

2005 1st Mandi Bahauddin (Ahmadiyya)

2006 4th Karachi – Dargai

2007 2nd Rawalpindi – 5th Karachi – 1st Charsadda – 3rd Rawalpindi

2008 2nd Charsadda – Parachinar – 1st Swat – 1st Darra Adam Khel – 1st Islamabad – 2nd Islamabad – Wah – 2nd Swat – 1st Peshawar – 3rd Islamabad – Orakzai – 2nd Peshawar

2009 2nd Lahore (Lankan cricket) – 1st Khyber – 3rd Lahore – 4th Islamabad – Chakwal – 4th Lahore – Upper Dir – 3rd Peshawar – 5th Lahore – Khanewal – Kohat – 4th Peshawar – 4th Rawalpindi – Shangla – 6th Lahore – 5th Islamabad – 5th Peshawar – 5th Rawalpindi – 6th Peshawar – 6th Rawalpindi – 7th Lahore – DG Khan – 1st Lower Dir – 6th Karachi

2010 Lakki Marwat – Bajaur – 2nd Lower Dir – 7th Karachi – 2nd Khyber – 3rd Khyber – 8th Lahore – 9th/10th Lahore – 7th Peshawar – 2nd/3rd Kohat – 8th Peshawar – 11th Lahore (Ahmadiyya) – 12th Lahore (Sufi) – 1st Mohmand Agency – 13th Lahore (Shia) – 3rd Quetta – 2nd Darra Adam Khel – 8th Karachi (CID) – 2nd Mohmand Agency

The assassination of Benazir Bhutto occurred on 27 December 2007 in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Bhutto, twice Prime Minister of Pakistan (1988–1990; 1993–1996) and then-leader of the opposition Pakistan Peoples Party, had been campaigning ahead of elections due in January 2008.[1][4][5] Shots were fired at her after a political rally at Liaquat National Bagh, and a suicide bomb was detonated immediately following the shooting. She was declared dead at 18:16 local time (13:16 UTC), at Rawalpindi General Hospital. 24 other people were killed by the bombing.[3] Bhutto had previously survived a similar attempt on her life that killed at least 139 people, after her return from exile two months earlier.

Though early reports indicated that she had been hit by shrapnel or the gunshots,[6][7] the Pakistani Interior Ministry initially stated that Bhutto died of a skull fracture sustained when the force of the explosion caused her head to strike the sunroof of the vehicle.[8] Bhutto's aides rejected this version, and argued instead that she suffered two gunshots before the bomb detonation.[9] The Interior Ministry subsequently backtracked from its previous claim.[10] However, a follow-up investigation by Scotland Yard found that while gunshots were fired, they were not the cause of death, agreeing with the Interior Ministry's original assessment that the explosion forced her head into the roof of the vehicle.

The copy of Ms. Bhutto's medical report e-mailed to me has original signatures by the names I have typed out, as they appear on one whole page of the three pages e-mailed to me. The other two pages have various "initials" of some of the same or all of the same full signatures on the third page.

Obviously I had at the time received put these documents and e-mails into the hands of approprate US officals for their use and evaluation as they saw fit. One does this as a responsible good citizen here in the US.

My whole purpose since 911 is very simple. I have tried my best to lay truth out over and over in various forums and formats to encourage moderation and allegiance between all people who want to restore law and order, peace and security, and help your area of the world move toward whatever local version of democracy the people over there think preferrable to dictatorships and terrorist radical religious states.

Apart from that I am a military history and biography buff. Served from 1963-1965 as a young USAF officer at the old US Embassy then in Karachi, West Pakistan as the Liaison Officer (Commander, Detachment 2, 6937th Communications Group) in Karachi for our upcountry communications intelligence base then at Badabar, a suburb of Peshawar. Etc.
See the MILITARY OFFICER MAGAZINE article/interview with me for more details if interested.

Last edited:

[

well Musharraf and PPP have had a shotgun marriage arranged by US they were not very keen on each other hence the incident feeds the suspicions and conspiracy theorists although they lack substance and are mostly absurd.

Re murder, in addtion to ask why she came out of her vehicle I would also say why did she continue to have public processions and even arrive in Pakistan at that time, because the moment she set her foot on Pakistan resuted in the loss of over 150 people in the first attempt on her. the answer is .... she was a politician and this breed craves the attention, followers, fame and limelight with little or less regard to personal safety.. if they sink well tough and if they sail though they reap the rewards (everyone thinks that bad wont happen to him/her).

yes, the state security was dismal and at the same pathetic level as the one provided to Siri lanken team.. but look at the PPP's own security or the lack of it. anywhere in the world the body gaurds are supposed to cover their employer or even "catch the bullet" (like in US president's security case)

but here you see no one near her.. even the body gaurds were seen cowering and ducking when the shots were fired and the explosions heard.look at 0:30 and onward where the "body gaurd" is clearly cowering.. it seems that some our body gaurds are only good at taking on their unarmed and unsuspecting employers and becoming a religious hero. (I mean no disrespect to the ones who lost their lives to Taliban while proctecting the past & present leaders & foreign guests).. hence I used the word "some". because a news reporter says he overheard two security gaurds in Iislamabad congradulating each other on Taseer's assasination. (sorry coming back to topic now).

compare this to an attack on Mrs Bandaranaike (Sirilankan/ world) first female PM) back in the days when LTTE was at its prime.. during her election rally .. few explosions took place and the body gaurds + close party faithfuls covered their leader with themselves while the armed body gaurds started shooting in the air to ward off any wouldbe assassin from coming close to the leader.. sorry there is no video footage uploaded of that incident ( talking about back in 85-90s time).

coming to Musharraf, I think Nawaz Sherif made a better choice for elemination rather than Benazir Bhutto, if such speculations were true. because the hostility between Musharraf and Nawaz was very personal, direct and extreme. the biggest loss after the assasination of Benazir was that of Mussharaf who not only lost power but had to leave the country unceremoniously with little to almost no prospect of his return in the near future. it was agreed between herself, USA and Musharraf that she was to become PM and Musharraf as the preisdent for the sake of the continuation of Pakistans role in War on terror and so ward off the religious extremism in Pakistan.

the biggest winner here was Nawaz league, the murder of Benazir was a prize beyond their wildest dreams.. a rival leader of the stature that was only 2nd to ZA Bhutto in the current time was dead and their other arch nemesis humiliated and booed of Pakistan. I am not suggesting that PMLn had a hand in it.. the party leadership doesnt have the capacity or courage do pull off something so outrageous and ambitious their main expertise remains within the financial exploits.

the usual line of arguments I have heard from people blaming Musharraf for this murder are.

1. well he told her not to come to Pakistan yet. he didnt want her here.
2. well he was a dictator and she was a democratic leader
3. well he saw her as a threat & feared that she will become PM.
4. well Baithullah Mehsud/ TTP claimed he had no hand in Benazir assassination. therefore they should be belived.
5. Well Musharraf dismissed the claims that he or ISI had any hand in her assasination. therefore they shouldnt be belived.

above lines of argument remind you of the characteristic of the monologue or one way communication by our middle class Taliban appologists who would justify burning down local school or public transport because the Americans are occupying Iraq.. yea.. something that basically kills any room or chance of talking sense or questioning their extravagant claim.. if you make the folly of instigating an argument with them then the kind of reasoning can range from Musharraf keeping pedigree puppies to the snapshots of him with some female beauties in a social function.. while you will be trying to recover from the shock of the absurdness of it all.. there will be a triumph smuggish smile with a hint of pitty for your lack of grasp to the subject.

every single argument listed above can be dismissed because there was already an agreement between PPP and Mussharaf with full US support. in fact for USA there was no alternative than the two. while Benazir was to give the political legitimacy in a form of an elected goverment. Musharraf was to battle the taliban on the military front. And both shared the common enemy just like America did and that were the Taliban & their other fanatic cousins with different name. Suspecting Musharraf for Benazir's murder is like susecting him to shoot not in his foot but in his own head, a political suicide.He wouldnt have got as far as he did in his life since his commision in the army to the highest post of Pakistan, had he been so shortsighted in having a hand in it as is alleged by a section of the public. The death of Benazir put the things in motion that resulted in his resignation and exile.

should he share the blame? yes
definately, because Benazir's security was actually the guarantee of the continuation of his own presidency. the risks and losses to the country were too high should anything would happen to her (which sadly did).he sould have instructed the army to provide the security at the same level as himself to ensure nothing happened to her because having police is as good as nothing. they can beat up general public or pilot the VIP from one place to another but they lack the training, the leadership, morale, equipment, authority and capacity to be effective deterrents against well plained assasination attempts. The blame also rests on Benazir's own security who were almost nonexistent, completely useless and criminally incapible of stopping the guy from firing three times followed by the explosion.

I know there are some PPP faithful who even suspect the hands of some PPP leaders like baber Awan and Rehman Malik, specially their alleged "suspicious" behaviour during this whole episode. PML-Q (the Musharraf's allied party) leadership is also blamed but all without any proof. What is for certain is that the culprits were the enemies of Pakistan who wanted chaos, violence, political turmoil and mass destruction of public and private property. And that is exactly what happened. As usual the transport sector took the major brunt of the reprisal along with the public and private merchandise that was looted, burnt and destroyed worth billions along with unspecified loss of life.

I will end with the usual suspects with a some comments of my own.

Musharraf: not likey,with him as head of state it was against the national interest that Benazir should die like this.
Taliban/ Al Qaeda: going by their past record their repeated personal threats to anyone opposing them. makes them a likely suspect.
PML-n: as I said before, although Nawaz league was the biggest benefactor of this incident that practically removed its two top opponents, one dead and other exiled, but it lacked the cunning or capacity to pull off something so ambitious and not get cought.
USA: didnt really match and compare with all the pain & effort Americans went through to make Benazir & Musharraf allied & work together. But if there was some clandestine operation to remove her while the political stage was hot to cause maximum harm then still it doesnt make sense because what they got in the end was again PPP goverment with maybe much weaker leadership (which might make sense) but Gen Ashfaq Kayani on the military front who has shown to be anything but weak. Maybe the CIA's old habit of political assasinations got better of it but I cant find any indication or proof of it.
India: It definately benefited from the turmoil in its arch enemy. It also gave a lot of ammunition to speedup its "failed state" propoganda against Pakistan but there was no evidence suggesting RAW's hand. Also on a cursory view, having a leftist and secular Benazir suited India more than strengthening PMLn which is heavily right wing influenced and in recent times never concealed its admiration for Taliban. Secondly while being a close US buddy it wasnt prudent to disrupt what was actually American wish (to have Benazir as next PM).
Israel/ Mosad: I think USA was looking after its interests. So not likeyly. unless Mosad had some secret plans of its own about and wanted to do it alone. but their hands are too full assasinating Iranian scientists and Hamas leaderhsip at the moment & Pakistan doesnt pose as much threat as other Arab countries & Iranians do.

I will scale the suspects from Taliban as most likey to Musharraf as least likely

Last edited by a moderator:
"I will scale the suspects from Taliban as most likey to Musharraf as least likely."

I disagree. If talibs were the killers, as a matter of fact, anyone, me or you, that person would have shot her when she was going to the stage, coming back to the car or during the jalsa. How the hell did the killer know that Bhutto will come out of the car--- ??
The odds of this coincidence are almost none to zero. If I were a killer, I would have killed her somewhere during her presence because how the hell I'd know that she'd come out?

There is some insider involved.

"I will scale the suspects from Taliban as most likey to Musharraf as least likely."

I disagree. If talibs were the killers, as a matter of fact, anyone, me or you, that person would have shot her when she was going to the stage, coming back to the car or during the jalsa. How the hell did the killer know that Bhutto will come out of the car--- ??
The odds of this coincidence are almost none to zero. If I were a killer, I would have killed her somewhere during her presence because how the hell I'd know that she'd come out?

There is some insider involved.

well same argument can apply for anyone else.. why not kill her abroad or finish off the job on arrival?
I am sorry I missed the most obvious suspects though

Zionists/ Mosad/ Klingons/ Telli Tubbies/ Masonic order: I will leave it to you to read through what Blen Beck, Zaid Hamid & his swimming pool buddy Bharat Varma have to say about Zionist hands in forcing the Klingons to snatch all toys from Telli tubbies. Ziad Hamid will blame Mosad while Glen Beck will blame the Masonic order while Bharat Varma will be ignored.

nobody cares about this corrupt lady. please don't post articles about her anymore. may she burn in hell.

well same argument can apply for anyone else.. why not kill her abroad or finish off the job on arrival?
I am sorry I missed the most obvious suspects though

Zionists/ Mosad/ Klingons/ Telli Tubbies/ Masonic order: I will leave it to you to read through what Blen Beck, Zaid Hamid & his swimming pool buddy Bharat Varma have to say about Zionist hands in forcing the Klingons to snatch all toys from Telli tubbies. Ziad Hamid will blame Mosad while Glen Beck will blame the Masonic order while Bharat Varma will be ignored.

I was shocked to read your post. Conspiracy, a think tank, a leader here, really?

"why not kill her abroad or finish off the job on arrival?
I am sorry I missed the most obvious suspects though"
You were not capable to understand my question; thus brought mumbo jumbo in it. The killers SHOULD HAVE KILLED Bhutto when she was on the stage, before or after. How the hell did the killer know that Bhutto will come out? As a killer, you wait for the best opportunity. Considering that, the killer was no saint to know that Bhutto would come out of the car AFTER the jalsa. The odds of this is like winning a mega million--1 in 176 million.

You mixed up two questions of different magnitude.

Last edited:
who is your leader?

Musharraf.jpg

The purpose and point of this posting is the raw murder of one who I admired as a potentially electable President of Pakistan who advocated democracy for her people. Investigations continue to this day as to "who" the assassins were. These are facts of a horrible nature of the hand of al Qaida and the Taliban who warned Ms. Bhutto that they would "get her" which they did!

What is wrong with you? People like you who have an afflication for others because of how people look and what they say instead of knowing what they actually have done is what is leading Pakistan down the drain.

NOW DO THE FOLLOWING.

1.) PROVIDE A LIST OF THE POSITIVE THINGS SHE HAS DONE FOR PAKISTAN.

2.) TELL ME WHY SHE MADE THE RICH EVEN RICHER AND THE POOR EVEN POORER

3.) MOST IMPORTANTLY STATE THE EXACT REASON WHY SHE WAS EXILED.

I am sorry but I dont believe that... anyone who claims to follow Musshy doesnt curse someone like that and doesnt put a burn in hell fatwa.. this is a characteristic of a fatwa spitting taliban fanboy not someone who is a Mushy fan.

no matter how much you hate her.. never wish her hell after her death adn specially the way she was killed.

What is wrong with you? People like you who have an afflication for others because of how people look and what they say instead of knowing what they actually have done is what is leading Pakistan down the drain.

NOW DO THE FOLLOWING.

1.) PROVIDE A LIST OF THE POSITIVE THINGS SHE HAS DONE FOR PAKISTAN.

2.) TELL ME WHY SHE MADE THE RICH EVEN RICHER AND THE POOR EVEN POORER

3.) MOST IMPORTANTLY STATE THE EXACT REASON WHY SHE WAS EXILED.

he cant care less about Pakistan and your questions.. for any nonPakistani, what is important is the face value.. she sold herself well in the west and showed herself as an acceptible approachable person as compared to someone from jamaat ****** or Ganja league.

regarding your questions he wont really know.. he made this thread in relation to the emails sent by some people who happened to see when she was brought in the hospital.
and finally please tone down your self.. American eagle is a respected member and I am one of the many who looks forward to his posts.. thanks

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom