What's new

Why did a soldier’s son join the Taliban?

Well i know there are various ways of looking at it but i personally don't think that people are divided on the basis of ethnicity, race. sects etc however its mostly painted that way that they are i would speak from experience because i haven't ever seen any clash in two of the opposing sects that we generally keep hearing about i have personally never seen any animosity at all especially because i have lived among them so these are all political maneuvers to incite people into divisions so that our gutless leaders can continue treating them as slaves and live a life of luxury on their taxes.
Well I am sure something is being done to counter these efforts to create a wedge between the whole society which we don't hear about much. But is it enough or more aggressive approach must be taken?

Well I am sure something is being done to counter these efforts to create a wedge between the whole society which we don't hear about much. But is it enough or more aggressive approach must be taken?

Well the society with all its flaws rejects such divisions ultimately be it on a provincial level or on the basis of sects. PML N(who is now in power) was ruling the biggest province of the country for 5 years and during those five years they have created a wide gulf between a major city that is Lahore and the rest of Punjab. They believe in the politics of division. Most people keep maligning religious leaders and in some cases rightfully so but i do believe they can play a very important part in providing people with the awareness and necessary education on the subject to counter such efforts. But i do believe that there should be an aggressive approach in terms of handling the issue because as long as these leaders remain here they would continue doing what they have done for years.

That's a very liberal definition of a 'soldier's son'. He stopped being a soldier when he took up arms against the state. A kuttay ka bacha joined TTP, as many before him did.

Wow.

Bravo Bravo Bravo.

You my dear dear have said in few words that may of us have not been able to say in pages after pages.

Ok, All those army haters and Indians. Listen to this man, listen to his wisdom.

A kuttay ka bacha joined TTP, as many before him did.

this is just an awesome statement that fully justifies your avatar name.

Well thats obvious, I do wonder at times things really can't be that bad as they are being painted in the media..

Thanks.

News papers have to sell a story.

If I post "Pakistan is now prosperous" based on real data from the street,

how many Indians will latch on to that thread?

most likely zero.

But if I start a thread, "Islam is terrible", hundreds of Indians will come and help shovel truck loads of $hit.

Even my dear, you posted in this because the heading itself is "catchy and successfully $hites on Pakistan".

And thus a living proof that the story "man bites the dog" will sell.

peace

Thanks.

most likely zero.

But if I start a thread, "Islam is terrible", hundreds of Indians will come and help shovel truck loads of $hit.

Even my dear, you posted in this because the heading itself is "catchy and successfully $hites on Pakistan".

peace

I do agree with you it was the catchy headline that caught my attention but something needs to be done before the whole society cocoon itself so tightly that slightest introduction of positive change might be impossible to implement. Well I don't want to barge into the internal discussion but yeah it would be real nice to hear something nice positive about Pakistan.

cheers

Thanks.

most likely zero.

peace

Couldn't agree more

I do agree with you it was the catchy headline that caught my attention but something needs to be done before the whole society cocoon itself so tightly that slightest introduction of positive change might be impossible to implement. Well I don't want to barge into the internal discussion but yeah it would be real nice to hear something nice positive about Pakistan.

cheers

Well honestly if you rely on your media then iam sure you won't hear any positive thing about Pakistan in a million years from now.

Well honestly if you rely on your media then iam sure you won't hear any positive thing about Pakistan in a million years from now.

That's true but it's the same chaos I see here as well, you all are proud Pakistanis and you (not particularly you) should reconcile your differences and present a heart warming and welcoming attitude towards at least each other. Ah well obviously you all know better but it was just my observation which isn't worth anything but it just got me a bit curious.

That's true but it's the same chaos I see here as well, you all are proud Pakistanis and you (not particularly you) should reconcile your differences and present a heart warming and welcoming attitude towards at least each other. Ah well obviously you all know better but it was just my observation which isn't worth anything but it just got me a bit curious.

No your right in your observation about that there should be a welcoming attitude not just among ourselves but even towards outsiders.

0.01%? :cheesy:

More like 30 - 35%, in one or more flavors.

Actually the first question is:

Why did a soldier become an islamists.

Well a tiny percentage 0.01% or less of any army is vulnerable to some kind of propaganda that some times leads them to harm their own country.

india and Pakistan have a very disciplined and modern force for over a century now.

One should catch these guys and punish them.

That's all.

No need to talk about such SOBs more than a passing remark.

peace

The military was and is complicit in this fascist crime..from Zia to Kayani!
It has lost its legitimacy as a secular institute.

Pak army was never meant to be a secular institute. They successfully used religion as a powerful tool to fight their enemy. Muslim armies from the Moghuls to the Turks have historically used religion as the most important motivation for fighting wars.

Form the pictures , a significant number of Pak soldiers are extremely religious with their full beards. So their loyalties are divided when they fight against a group that claims it is fighting for islam.

Pak army was never meant to be a secular institute. They successfully used religion as a powerful tool to fight their enemy. Muslim armies from the Moghuls to the Turks have historically used religion as the most important motivation for fighting wars.

Form the pictures , a significant number of Pak soldiers are extremely religious with their full beards. So their loyalties are divided when they fight against a group that claims it is fighting for islam.

Indians won't quit $hiting about Pakistani army.

you are not alone my dear. it is kind of Indian family business to do so.

Beards and facial hair etc. is part of culture. Not as strong as Sikhs, but still it is there.

Mix that with long term postings in harsh areas, and you will see many army personal with facial hair.

But obviously your knowledge about Pak army is kind of biased, so you will have mental orgasm by making false statements such as "their loyalties are divided".

Pathetic

0.01%? :cheesy:

More like 30 - 35%, in one or more flavors.

You want to say 35% Pak army officers are against the state of Pakistan and in favor of Islamist Talib@stards?

How did you get to this figure? Pulled out of from place known to create hot gasses?

Strange if not down right weird post.

Indians won't quit $hiting about Pakistani army.

you are not alone my dear. it is kind of Indian family business to do so.

Beards and facial hair etc. is part of culture. Not as strong as Sikhs, but still it is there.

Mix that with long term postings in harsh areas, and you will see many army personal with facial hair.

But obviously your knowledge about Pak army is kind of biased, so you will have mental orgasm by making false statements such as "their loyalties are divided".

Pathetic

You are the obviously biased one, denying the obvious with rather silly reasons. Having beard is not compulsory in islam. Only the extremely religious ones do. Pakistani soldiers apparently also shout religious slogans during their training and during war.

You are the obviously biased one, denying the obvious with rather silly reasons. Having beard is not compulsory in islam. Only the extremely religious ones do. Pakistani soldiers apparently also shout religious slogans during their training and during war.

Ancestors (British Indian army) of the same Pakistani soldiers were shouting the same slogans even back in 1940s when they fought Germany and its allies throughout the Middle East and Africa.

it is funny that some jawans were in Cairo, and when the procession of Shah Farouk came along, they started shouting Nara Takbeer Allaho Akbar. Shah was quiet amused as he couldn't figure out the meaning of these shouts.

They were not propagating Islamism back then, and they are not doing so now.

they are sons of soil who are ready to defend it against the Indians or the TTP.

Nothing more nothing less.

But you won't know, or won't accept if you do know their history.

Sadly.

Ancestors (British Indian army) of the same Pakistani soldiers were shouting the same slogans even back in 1940s when they fought Germany and its allies throughout the Middle East and Africa.

it is funny that some jawans were in Cairo, and when the procession of Shah Farouk came along, they started shouting Nara Takbeer Allaho Akbar. Shah was quiet amused as he couldn't figure out the meaning of these shouts.

They were not propagating Islamism back then, and they are not doing so now.

they are sons of soil who are ready to defend it against the Indians or the TTP.

Nothing more nothing less.

But you won't know, or won't accept if you do know their history.

Sadly.
Actually they did. Turkey , as late as the first world war used religion to motivate its soldiers. They made all the wars into holy wars. The Germans and the British fully recognized this and exploited it to their advantage.

Actually they did. Turkey , as late as the first world war used religion to motivate its soldiers. They made all the wars into holy wars. The Germans and the British fully recognized this and exploited it to their advantage.

You are now comparing apples with oranges.

In case of British troops, Sikh and Muslim soldiers both on one side fought the Arabs/Iraqis outside Baghdad, and later on against Germans in W. Africa.

During those times, Sikhs would shout Sat Sari Akaal, and Muslims Nara Takbeer. While both curshing Italian+Iraqi army.

Was it for Islam? Heck no.

As you my dear refuse to listen, you will remain stuck with your hateful religious idiot-ology.

peace to you

Back
Top Bottom