What's new

Across Nepal, Hindi channels will be closed tomorrow

Are the borders porous like they are between Nepal and Bihar?

The movement between Nepal and India is free. Indians and Nepalese are free to travel without any documents and work anywhere they want in either countries.

They are not porous like Pak / Afghan. India and Nepal have an open border treaty.. Like USA and Canada.

US & Canada still require documents while incase of India & Nepal you do not need any.

Nepal is and was always like this, if you dont know, they cry, they moan, they shout. The only difference is now they came under media lime light. Nepal doesnt have high regards for India, and i dont blame them, they share the most dangerous states in our country, UP and Bihar. Anyways whatever they do, doesnt matter to anyone, their head has been poisoned with communism way before.

Big talks coming from a country which is ready to "N-BAMBED" Afghanistan, Iran and India.
Guess What? You can't get along with China, You can't get along with Bangladesh, can't get along with Nepal, Bhutan has declared you as a threat in their policies, Srilanka can't stand you and off course Pakistan is in the same list so if it's any other neighbor you like to mention?Who do you think is a cry baby in such case?

The movement between Nepal and India is free. Indians and Nepalese are free to travel without any documents and work anywhere they want in either countries.

LOL
So how about restrict movement on the borders instead of interfering in another country to prevent unrest?

Be on the topic. If you have nothing to discuss, why not keep quite.
yeah attack nepal and will see the result ... you cant do much with all the imported weapons coz it would take time for you to learn how to operate them , as you cant make anything home .... Nepal hates you , pakistan hates you , china hates you , bangladesh hates you , srilanka hates you ........ good for india

India might just decide that 99% Nepalis wish to join India and it's goodbye Nepal.
For it's survival Nepal should go for better ties with China and crack down on Indian immigration.Apart from putting down Indian origin trouble makers and propaganda.

For the best interest of Nepal people, they should balance their relationship with both counties and get the the best out of them.

For the best interest of Nepal people, they should balance their relationship with both counties and get the the best out of them.
True,I am surprised by the geo-political naivety of Nepali elites and their leaders to get into a one sided relation with India without hedging their bets with the far bigger and more prosperous China.Their dependence on India is crippling them- to be very generous TBH.
In the long run,Nepal will benefit more from a closer relation with PRC than India,with relations with the latter still maintained at a courteous level to -as you say-derive maximum benefits for their country.

LOL
So how about restrict movement on the borders instead of interfering in another country to prevent unrest?

The free movement is in Nepal's interest, not India's. If they don't like it India can seal the border any time. It does not really change anything for Indians.

The free movement is in Nepal's interest, not India's. If they don't like it India can seal the border any time. It does not really change anything for Indians.

Eh, do you think I'm challenging the Indians to do it? I just find it strange Indians consider it more favorable to intervene in the affairs of a country than to just seal the borders if they're so concerned about unrest spreading to their sates.

True,I am surprised by the geo-political naivety of Nepali elites and their leaders to get into a one sided relation with India without hedging their bets with the far bigger and more prosperous China.Their dependence on India is crippling them to be very generous TBH.
In the long run,Nepal will benefit more from a closer relation with PRC than India,with relations with the latter still maintained at a courteous level to -as you say-derive maximum benefits for their country.

Especially China has already built railways to Xigaze (Shigatse), and I am not surprised If Chinese Government announce they are ready to build an extension railway to Kathmandu (600KM) someday in the near future. When they decide to do something, they usually complete it ahead of schedule.

Especially China has already built railways to Xigaze (Shigatse), and I am not surprised If Chinese Government announce they are ready to build an extension railway to Kathmandu (600KM) someday in the near future. When they decide to do something, they usually complete it ahead of schedule.
True on this part.That is one of the reasons why I said it is more beneficial for Nepal to be closer to China than India.
Indians usually take a generation to complete any road project.
For example-Just to construct a single bridge over Yarlung Tsangbo in ST they took 24 years.The bridge is hardly half a mile in length.So one can get an idea of Indian efficiency.

True on this part.That is one of the reasons why I said it is more beneficial for Nepal to be closer to China than India.
Indians usually take a generation to complete any road project.
For example-Just to construct a single bridge over Yarlung Tsangbo in ST they took 24 years.The bridge is hardly half a mile in length.So one can get an idea of Indian efficiency.

24 years, are you kidding? what kind of bridge is that? By the way, I would like you to take a look an article I posted, it talked about the similar Indian experience by Indian diplomat How China Beat India in Race for Success------A 1997 Article That Predicted Today

Nepal is acting like a petulant child.

Kind of like India....when India makes comments like "21st century belongs to us" and "I washed my mothers dishes once" :cray::cry: :angel:. Check out the Social Media and Indian media, how much everyone's hating Modi right now on these silly stupid childish comments!!!! Just like a "Petulant Child" (very Anglo-English word) btw.

Time to invade Madhesh province like Sikkim

No, why? The entire 21st Century belongs to ONLY India. Go Invade Madhesh, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Russia, China, Iran, and the little park next to my house. Don't come to my house as its a personal property and we are allowed to shoot strangers on tress passing or harassing, threatening our land and households :cheers: :yes4: :omghaha:

Last edited:
24 years, are you kidding? what kind of bridge is that? By the way, I would like you to take a look an article I posted, it talked about the similar Indian experience by Indian diplomat How China Beat India in Race for Success------A 1997 Article That Predicted Today
Nope,the yarlung tsangbo is dried up a bit.That's why they could complete the project.The project was in central tract of South tibet over the Siang valley.
The locals used to take bets on when the project would be completed.Most thought it would never be complete.People who were in colleges when the project was announced saw that their kids had graduated by the time the project was completed.
:D
763.5 metres long and hardly wide enough for two heavy trucks to drive.
abcd2592_0011.jpg

Last edited:
Eh, do you think I'm challenging the Indians to do it? I just find it strange Indians consider it more favorable to intervene in the affairs of a country than to just seal the borders if they're so concerned about unrest spreading to their sates.

You find it strange, because you have no idea about A) internal dynamics of Nepal, B) the nature of the relationship between India and Nepal-- like most Pakistanis commenting here.

Back
Top Bottom