What's new

ABM for Pakistan...!

They're generally very ineffective, especially in our most likely combat scenario which is India vs Pakistan.

Once a missile is launched from the relatively short distance between these countries, the time taken to detect, track, engage and intercept isn't very long and in most likeliness would be unsuccessful. Look at primitive Houthi rockets landing in Saudi, or Hamas rockets in Israel. Iron Dome doesn't stop them.

When finances allow we should look at developing laser interceptors, which is a much more effective way of defending against missiles, and potentially even fighter jets.
Once again, people issuing blanket statements without practical experience and exposure.

Iron Dome and PAC variants have neutralized many attacks over Israel and Saudi Arabia respectively. They prevented respective opponents from inflicting meaningful damage and/or disrupt life in Israel and Saudi Arabia in a significant way, which is something.

Even in the case of nuclear strikes, every strike counts. If a comprehensive BMDS infrastructure is able to neutralize 70% of the strikes (for the sake of argument), a country might have a chance to recover. It is worth it.

Yes! budget is a big issue in case of Pakistan. However, we can take a look at HQ-9 at minimum. No harm in securing a few high value assets.

no you talking about PAC-2 which is basically a SAMs had bad hit ratio against BM, but PAC-3 and its upgrade PAC-3 MSE, THAAD, S-400 is nearly 100 % hit rate against MRBM @BHarwana
There is no such thing as nearly 100 % hit rate
Under the sun

Even if we had funds true abms are not available to Pakistan

NO ABM in existence today stops anyone from launching
and you can cripple any available ABM with massive EMP bursts up on high altitude anyway

Bottom line, work on and improve your delivery systems, that's the best defense you got...

NO ABM in existence today stops anyone from launching
and you can cripple any available ABM with massive EMP bursts up on high altitude anyway

Bottom line, work on and improve your delivery systems, that's the best defense you got...
That's the only choice we have to be more correct.

That's why i prefer long range ballistic missiles and h bombs over every thing

These are the basic capabilities if you are to be called a nuclear power

Forget about test simulation the real and the only real test is the battlefield. Hq 19 showed 90+ but according to whom a biased party. The manufacturer and its country is always the biased party.
something have will better than nothing at least we have slight chance we defend our country against Indian BM attacks @Fawadqasim1 :angel: if not we will doomed @Fawadqasim1

once God forbid nuclear war starts both the countries will sustained heavy damage. i'll leave it at that.
India is developing/deploying layered missiles shields to cover whole threats form SRBM to IRBM and CM attacks from China and Pakistan, China have layered missiles shields, they have better chance to survive to such an attacks but Pakistan won't have single missile shields in its arsenal, Pakistan is currently at extreme risk, if we can Attack India with BM/CM, India somehow survive but Pakistan will have total devastation an become nuclear wasteland @Fawadqasim1 :(

Waste of time.

IK has it right. Get the priorities sorted out. Education, health, environment. What good is war when you wont have water to drink?

Correct.

Both India and Pakistan should massively roll-back military programs and spend those saved resources primarily on building a welfare state.

Indians would disagree.

No, I agree with @HAIDER when he said this :
In Pak-India war scenario its waste of funds. Strike time and distance is very short.

Take a simple example. The distance between Amritsar and Lahore is just around 50 kilometers.

You are totally wrong. Defence precedes all these.

Defense is important for countries like Cuba and former Libya because they are/were good welfare states.

Why do India and Pakistan need massive defense expenditures??

Who said zionism is a religion? Noone did.

Please refrain yourself with giving me names of religion. I quote your own texts that we are people of the book, have respect for the prophets are the same. If you insult me, you are insulting your own religion!. You should know better and tell others too.
Hey, sorry.. I didn't mean that but still I say sorry and definitely I respect the Jews especially those who live by the true teachings of the Bible...and definitely Bible and all prophets are very respectable in Islam... :cheers:

When finances allow we should look at developing laser interceptors, which is a much more effective way of defending against missiles, and potentially even fighter jets.

@denel , can laser interception work against ballistic missile warheads, especially in the terminal phase??

ABM system is not required for Pakistan, no one in the world is brave enough to fire a ballistic Missile towards Pakistan, not even US.
Our main problem is not the ABM , we need good low tier air defense system for Cruise missiles and intermediate or long range Air defense system for fighter jets and high sensitive Radars for surveillance specially for low RCS planes.

Back
Top Bottom