What's new

Abdali : a hero or villian for Pakistani punjabis?

I have read about Ghilzai's animosity towards Abdali, don't embarrass yourself. :laugh:

That gets all put aside when a foreign element is involved, that's been our tradition since time.

Here pretty much majority of Pakistani punjabis welcomed and commented positively about Abdali, I a Pakistani and my cousin Afghan Will understand that Indian Punjabis and Marhattas & Indians Will not say anything positive but will play the victims card, but it is what it is.

Why not give credit to the man for his ability & skill, leadership & strategy for defeating a well organised, equipped & trained adversary.

Looting, well that's what war is all about, so either side would have done that & did that, Marhattas weren't saints they looted as much as they could.

He was a Sufi Saint but a fake charse smoking malang ... Sufi,saints are always peaceful .. And the philosophy tht masjid,mandir,gurdwaras?? Are the same is that we all pray to Allah .. N with such peaceful preachings etc such saints converted hundreds of thousands of non Muslims ... The qawwali a n Qalams of these buzurgs were more potent than any sword .. So don't disrespect such ppl..
Waris shah was not a preacher or saint, he was sufi poet with poetic non-sense. The buzargan-e-deen who came from central asia and afghanistan and preached islam, were not bhangi malang babas with qawali and dances...they were not into shirk and were simple hanafi muslims. Pity that recent converts converted their graves into places of shirk and sin.
The point is that malang baba like bulleh shah and poet like waris shah of love stories are not to be taken seriously.
@ghilzai

Stick to your bhatta affairs or migrate to Punjab n feel the love of the punjabis towards your kind.. You 2 bit troll..:lol:

Vessel state ?? Kalat is a small state not even worth the publicity it gets ... As for Mir Nasir Khan go read a thing or two about him .. N people like Mir Chakar etc these people had a big status .. So it wouldn't be a biggie for them to assemble large forces even though Baluch had a small population as compared to other ethnicities in the region .. And the valor of the Baluch warrior has been documented by everyone they fought or fought for ....from the Persians to afghans ... Mughals n even Sikhs ... Even he British .. But our downfall has been the same thing .. Tribes fighting eachothein wars tht raged for decades .. The 30 year war for example!

O.K. By vassal i didnt mean slave state. Kalat was to durrani empire as crimea was to ottoman empire. Baloch were more of allies than subjugates. And if i am not wrong nasir khan married sister of ahmad shah abdali.
By the way you didnt tell us your views about ahmad shah abdali. Do you view him as a hero or villian?. Balochs and afghans fought side by side against marahatas, sikhs, jats and other enemies.

Last edited:
Waris shah was not a preacher or saint, he was sufi poet with poetic non-sense. The buzargan-e-deen who came from central asia and afghanistan and preached islam, were not bhangi malang babas with qawali and dances...they were not into shirk and were simple hanafi muslims. Pity that recent converts converted their graves into places of shirk and sin.
The point is that malang baba like bulleh shah and poet like waris shah of love stories are not to be taken seriously.
@ghilzai

Well each to their own, I see it as just literature which does have good value for learning but they were just bloggers of their time, they saw it through their eyes it doesn't necessarily mean that was the vision of every man.

@DESERT FIGHTER

For question of Bravery of the Baluch, it's unquestionable I rather have him standing next to me then a Ghilzai / Khilji.

What the f*** are you talking about? I said something about local heroes and you are talking about the inventions of white people!? How was I not acknowledging non-Indians? Go to a more simple forum instead and go live in imaginary land where these people are your forefathers.

Maybe you failed to see that I quoted 2 people...Maybe you need to go to simpler forums where they teach you how to read and associate!

As for local heroes or not...Heroes are heroes for those who want them as their heroes...Hulk, Captain America, Wonder woman, Spiderman, Superman are not local but every other kid who watches tv acknowledges them (Even Indian kids)! But God forbid if Pakistanis acknowledge non-desi heroes?! :unsure:

That gets all put aside when a foreign element is involved, that's been our tradition since time.

Here pretty much majority of Pakistani punjabis welcomed and commented positively about Abdali, I a Pakistani and my cousin Afghan Will understand that Indian Punjabis and Marhattas & Indians Will not say anything positive but will play the victims card, but it is what it is.

Why not give credit to the man for his ability & skill, leadership & strategy for defeating a well organised, equipped & trained adversary.

Looting, well that's what war is all about, so either side would have done that & did that, Marhattas weren't saints they looted as much as they could.

You can give any kind of fancy discription but what about the participation of Ghilzai in Paniput. Babur created the pyramid of Pashtun skulls in Bajaur but you also admire Babur.

O.K. By vassal i didnt mean slave state. Kalat was to durrani empire as crimea was to ottoman empire. Baloch were more of allies than subjugates. And if i am not wrong nasir khan married sister of ahmad shah abdali.
By the way you didnt tell us your views about ahmad shah abdali. Do you view him as a hero or villian?. Balochs and afghans fought side by side against marahatas, sikhs, jats and other enemies.

see luffy saahab. this is the difference between Pakistanis and afghans such as yourself. No Pakistani insults or demeans heroes or poets from any ethnicity. all pakhtuns i've come across and talked to about poetry never insulted baba bulleh shah or waris shah as bhangis, malang, drug crazed, and it goes without saying no punjabi ever insulted khushal khan baba or pir roshan as being deviants from islam starting new firqa, etc. everyone respects and looks up to all of our poets and sufi figures.

you're still up to your old tactics of trying to insult punjabis to create rift between the two. this is clear in all your threads and comments since your other ID got banned. it's okay an afghan like you will never understand how close we Pakistanis are to each other. keep insulting, wasting your time and get back to your boys in the shack. they are waiting for you.

@ghilzai

With such mentality prevailing among masses, some of them even bombed the grave of Rahman Baba and in the end wonder what went wrong with their society.

see luffy saahab. this is the difference between Pakistanis and afghans such as yourself. No Pakistani insults or demeans heroes or poets from any ethnicity. all pakhtuns i've come across and talked to about poetry never insulted baba bulleh shah or waris shah as bhangis, malang, drug crazed, and it goes without saying no punjabi ever insulted khushal khan baba or pir roshan as being deviants from islam starting new firqa, etc. everyone respects and looks up to all of our poets and sufi figures.

you're still up to your old tactics of trying to insult punjabis to create rift between the two. this is clear in all your threads and comments since your other ID got banned. it's okay an afghan like you will never understand how close we Pakistanis are to each other. keep insulting, wasting your time and get back to your boys in the shack. they are waiting for you.
What are you blabbling about?
In another thread you are supporting sikhs, praising ranjeet singh and badmouthing afghans for rapes and murders, which didnt happen. Are you a sikh?
You migh want to claim glories and chievements of sikhs, but any sikh would laugh at you. So stop kissing the asses of sikhs.

Last edited:
With such mentality prevailing among masses, some of them even bombed the grave of Rahman Baba and in the end wonder what went wrong with their society.
Poor attempt of dragging taliban into this. Hindu influenced sufism has nothing to do with those preachers who preached islam in hindostan. Islam is very clear, do not build shrines over graves, as graves of good people might be converted into worshiping places. This happened in the times of prophets, in many instances graves of prophet were getting worshipped and their idols were made. You are a hindu and you must be aware that we are against idols.
Qawali, bhang, chars, dances, jogis , urs etc have nothing to do with islam, they are your hindu influences on them. Call it the culture but its not islam.

What are you blabbling about?
In another thread you are supporting sikhs, praising ranjeet singh and badmouthing afghans for rapes and murders, which didnt happen. Are you a sikh?
You migh want to claim glories and chievements of sikhs, but any sikh would laugh at you. So stop kissing the asses of sikhs.

i dont claim glories of anyone. so anyone who holds waris shah, shah hussein , bulleh shah etc. in high regards becomes a sikh? :lol: and you also wrote this:

"baloch and afghans fought side by side against marahatas, sikhs, jats and other enemies."

so you are saying a jatt musalman is enemy of baloch and afghans? and who gave this judgement? luffy the afghan, wonderful :lol: even the afghans we employ on our farm properties are much more respectful and friendly than you. did a jatt from punjab terrorize you as a child? my deepest apologies.

again, stick to your afghan wasteland culture, you know nothing about the culture of Pakistan.

i dont claim glories of anyone. so anyone who holds waris shah, shah hussein , bulleh shah etc. in high regards becomes a sikh? :lol: and you also wrote this:

"baloch and afghans fought side by side against marahatas, sikhs, jats and other enemies."

so you are saying a jatt musalman is enemy of baloch and afghans? and who gave this judgement? luffy the afghan, wonderful :lol: even the afghans we employ on our farm properties are much more respectful and friendly than you. did a jatt from punjab terrorize you as a child? my deepest apologies.

again, stick to your afghan wasteland culture, you know nothing about the culture of Pakistan.
You are such an idiot, have you ever heard the name of suraj mal jat, the ruler of hindu jats?.Muslim jats in west were peaceful peasants but hindu jats in east were turbulent folk for mughals and were into loot and plunder. After weakening of mughal empire the region between lahore and delhi became contesting ground between sikhs, hindu jats, rohillas and marahatas. Afghans crushed all of them except their kinsmen rohillas.
Dude your love for ranjeet singh and sikhs is driving you crazy. You are a laughing stock for sikhs by rubbing yourself with them. Abdali helped punjabi musalmans by crushing sikhs, dont be upset about it.

Poor attempt of dragging taliban into this. Hindu influenced sufism has nothing to do with those preachers who preached islam in hindostan. Islam is very clear, do not build shrines over graves, as graves of good people might be converted into worshiping places. This happened in the times of prophets, in many instances graves of prophet were getting worshipped and their idols were made. You are a hindu and you must be aware that we are against idols.
Qawali, bhang, chars, dances, jogis , urs etc have nothing to do with islam, they are your hindu influences on them. Call it the culture but its not islam.

Still you will find crores of Muslims following the sufi traditions and like you they too have justification for their beliefs.

You are such an idiot, have you ever heard the name of suraj mal jat, the ruler of hindu jats?.Muslim jats in west were peaceful peasants but hindu jats in east were turbulent folk for mughals and were into loot and plunder. After weakening of mughal empire the region between lahore and delhi became contesting ground between sikhs, hindu jats, rohillas and marahatas. Afghans crushed all of them except their kinsmen rohillas.
Dude your love for ranjeet singh and sikhs is driving you crazy. You are a laughing stock for sikhs by rubbing yourself with them. Abdali helped punjabi musalmans by crushing sikhs, dont be upset about it.

then next time be specific and say hindu jats.

couldn't care less about sikhs. both sikh and afghans were oppressors. the jatt sikh ranjeet singh oppressed fellow punjabis in the name of religion, and afghans oppressed because they were foreign barbarians who looked down on us like you do for similar reasons (racism, following of tolerant, sufiistic culture, etc.). i'm glad we kicked both these oppressors out and have a country to live in peace and prosper since '47. only difference is we're much more hospitable to those that hate us, than vice versa :)

Pakistanis Love past historical foreign invaders like abdalis, ghoris, timurs, mughals but they afraid of current foreign invaders from afghans like tajiks, Uzbeks and talibans(Pukhtoons) / Khurasanis.
Isnt amazing :)

Back
Top Bottom