What's new

Abdali : a hero or villian for Pakistani punjabis?

Still you will find crores of Muslims following the sufi traditions and like you they too have justification for their beliefs.
The traditional concept of sufism has nothing to do with these hindu influenced practices. Let me give you example of shiekh ahmad sirhindi of akbar times, he was against it even though he was naqshbandi sufi....aurangzeb was also naqshbandi sufi and was against these cultural practices which is called sufism by people today. Malang, jogis, high on bhang and doing crazy dances are not sufis.

So then where were you when Ghauri, Babur, Taimur, Abdali, etc invaded countless times and plundered your people??

Where were you when the British invaded? Oh, wait, you became British slaves.

And when the Brits invaded you sikhs became willing man servants for the White man, how nice :lol:
I'm not Sikh retard, I'm Rajput. Did you even read my posts? I think the history section might already be a bit to much for you. And typical to see Pakistani claiming foreign invader.:lol:

then next time be specific and say hindu jats.

couldn't care less about sikhs. both sikh and afghans were oppressors. the jatt sikh ranjeet singh oppressed fellow punjabis in the name of religion, and afghans oppressed because they were foreign barbarians who looked down on us like you do for similar reasons (racism, following of tolerant, sufiistic culture, etc.). i'm glad we kicked both these oppressors out and have a country to live in peace and prosper since '47. only difference is we're much more hospitable to those that hate us, than vice versa :)
You are hating Afghans of ahmad shah abdali times dude to durand line issue of today, this is biased and racist thinking. You are odd one among punjabi muslims as most of the punjabis consider abdali a hero...he was not a foriegner, he was a muslim...moreover afghans were relevant to hindostan since centuries, they were not recieved as foriegn folk in punjab.
And yes sikhs were oppressors. You are claiming that punjabi musalman kicked out sikhs but it didnt happen. Sikhs were defeated by english. Punjabi musalman were helpless against organized sikhs driven by religous zeal. Abdali tried to help punjabi musalman by exterminating 1/2 population of sikhs.

The traditional concept of sufism has nothing to do with these hindu influenced practices. Let me give you example of shiekh ahmad sirhindi of akbar times, he was against it even though he was naqshbandi sufi....aurangzeb was also naqshbandi sufi and was against these cultural practices which is called sufism by people today. Malang, jogis, high on bhang and doing crazy dances are not sufis.

I am aware of different sufi traditions, Naqshbandi is just one of them. Its very natural, if people accept some foreign religion, it is impossible for them to give up their pre-Islamic customs entirely like wolf mythology of Turks based on Tangrism, Zoroastrians customs of Iranians because there is thin line between religion and culture.

Last edited:
Mughal power had started declining after the death of Aurangzeb in 1707. This was hastened by the defeat of Mughal Army at the battle of Karnal in 1739 by Nadir Shah. Nevertheless Mughals still controlled most of northern & western areas of the subcontinent.

Some writers suggest that had Abdali not invaded Marathas would have conquered all of India. In my view this conclusion is not correct. Until the death of Shahuji (Grandson of Shivaji) in 1749, treaty of 1714 negotiated by Balaji Vishwanath with Emperor Farukhsiyar Delhi Gov't was in force. Marathas were occupied fighting Nizam in Deccan and Nawab of Bengal with mixed success.

From purely historical point of view, Ahmad Shah Abdali's third invasion of 1751 was the nail in the coffin of the Mughal Empire. Abdali vacated Delhi in 1756 after plundering it to his heart’s content. Marathas defeated Afghan garrison left by Ahmed Shah in 1757 and laid the foundation of Maratha Empire in the North Western subcontinent. Without doubt Ahmed Shah crushed Marathas at Panipat in 1761 but left Mughal Empire upon the mercy of the Rohillas and the Mughal Army so weak that it lost to the English in 1764 at Buxor and ceded Bengal & Behar & Orissa the East India Company as a consequence.

For the record, Najib ud Duala's real name was Najib Khan originally from Swabi. He became one of the chiefs of the Yusufzai Pashtuns called Rohillas after Ali Mohammed gave him northern portion of Rohilkhand. As a reward for his support to Ahmad Shah Abdali, he was appointed Mir Bakhshi or Wazir of the Mughal emperor Shah Alam II. It was his grandson Ghulam Qadir Rohilla who blinded Shah Alam –II in 1788 and raped royal Moghal princesses.
(Allama Iqbal has written a poem about Ghulam Qadir Rohilla)

These are historical facts. I leave it to the honourable members to decide whether Ahmad Shah Abdali was a hero or a villain. In my personal view; Abdali was just a military adventurer in the mould of other military adventures of the past. Just like his overlord Nadir Shah Afshar; Ahmed Shah Abdali was really after the loot.

Abdali was neither a hero nor a villain. He was just a brave war leader.

Last edited:
You are hating Afghans of ahmad shah abdali times dude to durand line issue of today, this is biased and racist thinking. You are odd one among punjabi muslims as most of the punjabis consider abdali a hero...he was not a foriegner, he was a muslim...moreover afghans were relevant to hindostan since centuries, they were not recieved as foriegn folk in punjab.
And yes sikhs were oppressors. You are claiming that punjabi musalman kicked out sikhs but it didnt happen. Sikhs were defeated by english. Punjabi musalman were helpless against organized sikhs driven by religous zeal. Abdali tried to help punjabi musalman by exterminating 1/2 population of sikhs.

Pak-one you hate punjabi of every time, and now are crying. :rofl: Also you what name will you come up next? Who appointed RS again? Is that how history is taught in Afghanistan?

White nordic invader Pakistanis will be kicked out of Indic Lands. We the Indics reserve the right to kick out nordic pakistanis who are squatting on our beautiful lands and establish Akhand Bharat.

White nordic invader Pakistanis will be kicked out of Indic Lands. We the Indics reserve the right to kick out nordic pakistanis who are squatting on our beautiful lands and establish Akhand Bharat.

In other thread you was proudly claiming how you was mistaken for Irani and how fair you are being from jammu:lol: You guys are hilarious

This obsession of being fair is Indian trait going back thousands of years ago when Aryans came.

Pak-one you hate punjabi of every time, and now are crying. :rofl: Also you what name will you come up next? Who appointed RS again? Is that how history is taught in Afghanistan?
Nuri nutt sahab, it seems blood is thicker than water. You initially supported abdali against sikhs but now you are having mood swings and you are having second thoughts. Pegham'e mohali or whatever his name is, was showing respect for ranjeet singh on my other thread, calling him great punjabi hero and labelled abdali as anti-punjabi foriegn invader. When i confronted him and reminded him the atrocities of sikhs, he became apologetic. Now look at you, it seems he has inspired you, you have now changed your stance by attacking abdali....indian members will laugh at your confusion....
You and that pegham doesnt matter, majority of punjabi members here said that they consider abdali a hero.

In other thread you was proudly claiming how you was mistaken for Irani and how fair you are being from jammu:lol: You guys are hilarious

This obsession of being fair is Indian trait going back thousands of years ago when Aryans came.

Indics have diverse skintones but pure indic gene. Pakistanis indeed are semites (arabs) and iranic and nordic?. THose have no place on Indic Lands :cool: :cool:

He is quite fair to be honest.

Nuri nutt sahab, it seems blood is thicker than water. You initially supported abdali against sikhs but now you are having mood swings and you are having second thoughts. Pegham'e mohali or whatever his name is, was showing respect for ranjeet singh on my other thread, calling him great punjabi hero and labelled abdali as anti-punjabi foriegn invader. When i confronted him and reminded him the atrocities of sikhs, he became apologetic. Now look at you, it seems he has inspired you, you have now changed your stance by attacking abdali....indian members will laugh at your confusion....
You and that pegham doesnt matter, majority of punjabi members here said that they consider abdali a hero.

I like Abdali because he once even was thinking about liberating Chinese muslims, just because they were muslims nothing more. You on the other hand are bigot and punjabi hater. And idiot learn to read english, where did i attack Abdali? But don't change history and say RS was appointed by Timur Shah. It seem you don't even know your own history but come here to teach ours.

You mean @nuri nutt is white nordic with super ANI genes?
I am afraid of him , his german cousins exterminated my jewish cousins in germany.

Indics have diverse skintones but pure indic gene. Pakistanis indeed are semites (arabs) and iranic and nordic?. THose have no place on Indic Lands :cool: :cool:

Hindus have no diverve skin tones, only in Indian Punjab you will find diverse skin tones. Even those punjabis who are considered fair are actually not that fair to begin. Pakistani punjabis are more fairer then Indian punjabis and still are considered brown/dark why? Because pashtuns have fair skin tone on average higher then punjabis.

Fact is a part from Punjabis in India anyone else having fair skin tone comparable to Iranis or confused with Irani mean foreign ancestry.

He is quite fair to be honest.

Not fair enough to be mistaken as Irani, unless he has foreign ancestry. Anyway it was funny the way he claimed to be mistaken being Irani and now come here to say Pakistani are nordics :rofl:

I like Abdali because he once even was thinking about liberating Chinese muslims, just because they were muslims nothing more. You on the other hand are bigot and punjabi hater. And idiot learn to read english, where did i attack Abdali? But don't change history and say RS was appointed by Timur Shah. It seem you don't even know your own history but come here to teach ours.
So i am anti-punjabi bigot? For rejecting bulleh shah, waris shah?
O.k lets suppose we afghans were looters and scum of earth. The question is for you and pegham e mohabat guy, why punjabi musalman didnt rebel against us? Why they didnt start attacking afghans all over punjab?....because they were popular among punjabi musalman for killing sikh terrorists who were involved in killing, rapes and plundering of their villages.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom