What's new

Abdali : a hero or villian for Pakistani punjabis?

if u give the impression that pathans are still talking of old glory instead of looking at today,then u ll get sympathy but with all honesty,pathans shud do much better than that.
Come on man we are in history section and we are discussing history. You want me to discuss current affairs in this section?

no,it is not about past present or future,it is about attitude.

I see you talking about the past as if you were in it,i dont see the detatchment one has when talking about history.

You talk of some military conquests as the only thing,but the deal with military conquests is,kabzaa karna aasan hain,lekin raaj karna hi sabse mushkil kaam hain.

Aaj Abdali kahaan hain,uske aulaad kahaan hain?

uska contribution kya hain?

pathan log kahaan hain,i see pathans in dubai feeling happy to drive taxis.

pehle in sawaalon ka jawaab deyo,phir itihaas ka purja purja karenge,

I wont say that i am very glad at extermination of 1/2 or 1/3 sikhs at the hands of abdali, it was necessary step to protect the lives and izat of meek and helpless punjabi musalmans and to maintain the writ of afghans.....sikhs as a whole were threat and abdali tried to eliminate this threat

Abdali was extremely lucky,he got help from the rohilla pathans as their own biradari.

Sikhs/Jats/Rajputs stayed away and didn't help the Peshwa who was very over confident himself.

But Hindu kingdoms needed such wake up calls and abdali too needed such random josh.

@kushan why was Heer-Ranjha famed great Punjabi poet Baba Waris Shah so much critical of Ahmed Shah Abdali and depicted Abdali as a looter in his poems.

Nasir Khan Baloch had an army of 10 thousand men. Even Punjabi historians record the bravery of the Baloch army. The Baloch were good fighters, plus they were led by an experienced general like Nasir Khan and the over all command of Abdali.

Nasir Khan Baloch had an army of 10 thousand men. Even Punjabi historians record the bravery of the Baloch army. The Baloch were good fighters, plus they were led by an experienced general like Nasir Khan and the over all command of Abdali.
I was talking about panipat. Balochs participated in varying number in different expediations of durranis.
Balochs are brave people but they were not that numerous. I would try to put some sources of their actual numbers under nasir khan after searching.

@kushan why was Heer-Ranjha famed great Punjabi poet Baba Waris Shah so much critical of Ahmed Shah Abdali and depicted Abdali as a looter in his poems.
Waris shah had hindu and sikh friends, he was disturbed and sad to see his friends looted by afghans. Waris shah believed that there is no difference between masjid and mundir. Afghans didnt buy his sufi non-sense so he was furious at them.

no,it is not about past present or future,it is about attitude.

I see you talking about the past as if you were in it,i dont see the detatchment one has when talking about history.

You talk of some military conquests as the only thing,but the deal with military conquests is,kabzaa karna aasan hain,lekin raaj karna hi sabse mushkil kaam hain.

Aaj Abdali kahaan hain,uske aulaad kahaan hain?

uska contribution kya hain?

pathan log kahaan hain,i see pathans in dubai feeling happy to drive taxis.

pehle in sawaalon ka jawaab deyo,phir itihaas ka purja purja karenge,

Abdali was extremely lucky,he got help from the rohilla pathans as their own biradari.

Sikhs/Jats/Rajputs stayed away and didn't help the Peshwa who was very over confident himself.

But Hindu kingdoms needed such wake up calls and abdali too needed such random josh.
That can be discussed some where else, that why pathans lagged behind and couldn thrive as a nation.

Last edited:
Not every Muslim was a supporter of Abdali's call for Jihad. :coffee:

I was talking about panipat. Balochs participated in varying number in different expediations of durranis.
Balochs are brave people but they were not that numerous. I would try to put some sources of their actual numbers under nasir khan after searching.

Waris shah had hindu and sikh friends, he was disturbed and sad to see his friends looted by afghans. Waris shah believed that there is no difference between masjid and mundir. Afghans didnt buy his sufi non-sense so he was furious at them.

That can be discussed some where else, that why pathans lagged behind and couldn thrive as a nation.

Please dont think i am trying to demean any race or clan,i dont do that.

You never discussed the main thing, Baba Waris Shah wrote,

"khada peeta wahy da, baqi Ahmad Shahy da".

Who gives two hoots about what he wrote, he was a drug crazed Sufi detached from reality.

You never discussed the main thing, Baba Waris Shah wrote,

"khada peeda wahy da, baqi Ahmad Shaheey da".
As i said, maybe he wasn't a supporter of his cause.

Sufis were never great fans of Jihad.

But he spared no one when he looted Lahore in 1751, it wasn't Hindus or Sikhs only.

Last edited:
25 thousands is an exaggeration. Nasir khan rode with one thousand baloch cavalry to the panipat. Most of the soldiers were durranis, pashtun tribesmen of trans-indus and qizalbash. The most numerous allies were rohillas under najib ud daula, hafiz rehmat khan and dundy khan.
Balochs and qizalbash were required to participate in various compigns of abdali from persia to hindostan. They contributions to the cause of afghans are much appreciated.

Come on man we are in history section and we are discussing history. You want me to discuss current affairs in this section?

Nasir khan wasn't a petty chief but probably the first khan of United Baluchistan .. He was a fundamentalist when it came to religion n united the warring tribes of Baluch people...

Who gives two hoots about what he wrote, he was a drug crazed Sufi detached from reality.

I have read about Ghilzai's animosity towards Abdali, don't embarrass yourself. :laugh:

He was a Sufi Saint but a fake charse smoking malang ... Sufi,saints are always peaceful .. And the philosophy tht masjid,mandir,gurdwaras?? Are the same is that we all pray to Allah .. N with such peaceful preachings etc such saints converted hundreds of thousands of non Muslims ... The qawwali a n Qalams of these buzurgs were more potent than any sword .. So don't disrespect such ppl..

Nasir khan wasn't a petty chief but probably the first khan of United Baluchistan .. He was a fundamentalist when it came to religion n united the warring tribes of Baluch people...
Why you are telling me this?
Kalat was vassal (bajguzar) state of Durrani empire.

I have read about Ghilzai's animosity towards Abdali, don't embarrass yourself. :laugh:

Stick to your bhatta affairs or migrate to Punjab n feel the love of the punjabis towards your kind.. You 2 bit troll..:lol:

Why you are telling me this?
Kalat was vassal (bajguzar) state of Durrani empire.

Vessel state ?? Kalat is a small state not even worth the publicity it gets ... As for Mir Nasir Khan go read a thing or two about him .. N people like Mir Chakar etc these people had a big status .. So it wouldn't be a biggie for them to assemble large forces even though Baluch had a small population as compared to other ethnicities in the region .. And the valor of the Baluch warrior has been documented by everyone they fought or fought for ....from the Persians to afghans ... Mughals n even Sikhs ... Even he British .. But our downfall has been the same thing .. Tribes fighting eachothein wars tht raged for decades .. The 30 year war for example!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom