What's new

Ababeel SSM - Pakistan gains MIRV technology.

You require a MIRV capable missile to stop a MIRV warhead as you require multiple interceptors to stop an incoming MIRV. And the interceptor carrier jacket of MIRV can be used for target detection sensors.
MIRV stands for Multiple Independent Reentry Vehicles. The top of the missile contains multiple warheads in a housing that looks like one giant warhead. All these warheads go up as one unit and reenter separately, hence the name (Multiple Independent Reentry Vehicles). So tell me again how do u shoot a MIRV missile with a MIRV missile?

Instead the best way to counter a MIRV missile is intercepting it soon after its launched and is still one unit(aka the warheads are still together). This is usually done by sattelite detection of the missile launch and trajectory tracking.

The second way is radar detection of the multiple incoming warheads and then shooting a missile at each one individually. It's much harder to achieve 100% success rate in this case. The amount of time to detect, track and intercept all of these is very limited. Again MIRV missile is not used to defeat MIRV missile.

what's so special is that now india has to worry about MIRVs. first, india had to worry about 1 missile coming at 1 city at the untrackable speed of mach 18 or more. now india has to worry about 1 missile coming at the untrackable speed of mach 18 while shooting at least 3 MIRVs at 3 indian cities at a speed greater than mach 18. 3 cities for the price of 1 missile while the s400s that india hasn't even received yet helplessly sits by and does nothing. frankly modi should fire doval as his every single strategy has royally backfired.

Ajit Doval, Modi and RSS retards only know how to bark. Give it some time and these guys will pull India apart.

Given the size of the missile tip how many Warhead it can carry ? i guess 3 - 4 or more if smaller warheads like NASR are used ? Correct me if i am wrong.

1. Look, you have to realize that Pakistan is no match for US. We have never considered US as a foe, and probably won't for the forseeable future. There is no intent for that.
Even if we dont consider it as a foe, US does and they have never been more clearer about their intent. Where does that leave us?
3. Even if Pakistan magically acquires something like that, do you have any idea what a single Ohio-class SSBN has the capability to do in return?
That SSBN will do what it intends to do irrespective of whether we have those magical weapons on not, point is to prevent it from doing so and the answer lies is in your very nick "deterrent". Pakistan can never win a war with US, agreed but the point is is to prevent one from happening in the first place. During Clintons tenure China wasnt as strong as it is now. At the time Taiwan crises brew and US being the Sharif sent its aircraft carrier to threaten China. China could not fight US conventionally at the time but the threat to respond with Nuclear if US intervened resulted in US backing away and Taiwan shying away from announcing its independence. Agreed we are not China but the threat of nuclear response will keep many at bay or at least make them think twice before they threaten to bomb someone back to stone age. We are a nuclear power, all what is missing is the means and hence my original point of why i think Pakistan needs ICBM capability.

Given the size of the missile tip how many Warhead it can carry ? i guess 3 - 4 or more if smaller warheads like NASR are used ? Correct me if i am wrong.
Cannot say for now but it looks larger than shaheen 3. less info about missile is available.

MIRV stands for Multiple Independent Reentry Vehicles. The top of the missile contains multiple warheads in a housing that looks like one giant warhead. All these warheads go up as one unit and reenter separately, hence the name (Multiple Independent Reentry Vehicles). So tell me again how do u shoot a MIRV missile with a MIRV missile?

Instead the best way to counter a MIRV missile is intercepting it soon after its launched and is still one unit(aka the warheads are still together). This is usually done by sattelite detection of the missile launch and trajectory tracking.

The second way is radar detection of the multiple incoming warheads and then shooting a missile at each one individually. It's much harder to achieve 100% success rate in this case. The amount of time to detect, track and intercept all of these is very limited. Again MIRV missile is not used to defeat MIRV missile.
Further, satellite detection and interception is only effective when the missile, when one piece only follows one trajectory and doesn't keep changing.

Satellites tracking missile leading to intercept??

Which end of body u guys think from??

yar koi is baycharay ko burnal do yar, bara takleef say tarap raha hay yeah bachoongra! :lol:

You are talking to an Indian a country which has ICBM and ABM technologies.

I have no intention to gate crash your party. Enjoy what ISPR said.

why do some countries invest so heavily into BMD, when nations could just fire a MIRV then?
The effectiveness of MIRV doesn't mean BMDs are trash. BMDs are still very helpful in defending the airspace against non MIRV missiles, jets, etc. They can even intercept MIRV missiles, it's just a lot harder since the warheads reenter at great speeds and there's quite a few of them so it takes a toll on the effectiveness of BMDs.

Last edited:
Satellites tracking missile leading to intercept??

Which end of body u guys think from??
Its an old starwars concept that the reagan administration started but then abandoned since it was not feasible and was ineffective against soviet missiles that kept changing trajectories. Oh and it couldn't detect real nuclear missiles from dummy ones. Pull your head out of the hole in the ground, it's an age old concept that was proven largely ineffective. But as a last ditch effort, it maybe worth it.

Back
Top Bottom