What's new

Aamir Khan's Dangal earns Rs 75 crore in China during opening weekend

Not Culture .
Its genetic, they become this by eating cockroachs :lol:.
Just have a look at richest Chinese now ... JACK MA. you will fall on the ground laughing.

LOL... at cockroaches :lol:

I just found this on the net. Just look at his face. I swear its not photo shopped. Its appears as if nature did not intend him to be this buff.

I wonder if he can even grow facial hair.

5733528207b173ff5ab86949a0de3a1c.jpg

I smell your bitterness. Funny, no Indian movie could come up such storyline, costume, production set, and similar effects. There are tonnes of Indian fans in facebook. LOL.

LOL...that guy was trying to be friendly with you :lol:

You guys really have some serious inferiority complex.

I smell your bitterness. Funny, no Indian movie could come up such storyline, costume, production set, and similar effects. There are tonnes of Indian fans in facebook. LOL.
No need to smell just read,,,ok doesnt mean bad,,,they were a good one time watch.
I am more into old kungfu movies :D
Wang fei hung fan here :D

LOL... at cockroaches :lol:

I just found this on the net. Just look at his face. I swear its not photo shopped. Its appears as if nature did not intend him to be this buff.

I wonder if he can even grow facial hair.

5733528207b173ff5ab86949a0de3a1c.jpg

Now dont derail this thread, point is we earnes 300+ without exporting a single nail .:partay:

The ones with inferiority complex are you lot boasting about an India movie that doesn't even match the average Chinese box office. $11 to 20 million maybe huge for Indian market, it doesn't even ranked in top 100 in China.

Aamir khan even had to spent a week in China doing promotional work.

Now dont derail this thread, point is we earnes 300+ without exporting a single nail .:partay:

LOL. Actually some of the chinese comments on their movie review site was quite heart warming and filled with genuine admiration.

Those that come on pdf seems to suffer from massive complex and huge chip on their shoulder. Lets not wast time talking about such losers.

The ones with inferiority complex are you lot boasting about an India movie that doesn't even match the average Chinese box office. $11 to 20 million maybe huge for Indian market, it doesn't even ranked in top 100 in China.

Aamir khan even had to spent a week in China doing promotional work.

When gossiping about movies sound like "boasting" to the chinese, that is when you know that the chinese have a huge inferiority complex. :disagree:

Amir khan is the produce and actor for that movie. Its in his self interest to do promotion so that he can make Millions from china, in china. It would be stupid of him NOT to do promotional work :cheesy:

But what excuse does his 2 million Fans in China have ?

No need to smell just read,,,ok doesnt mean bad,,,they were a good one time watch.

That was a fantasy love story. If you're a kungfu fan, probably won't find it great.

Wang fei hung! you're truly old school. :tup:

same for pakistanies, BAN INDIAN Movies.
Same guys watching Indian Movies on Pirated CDs ......... Let the stupids sing. We can enjoy them as well.:lol:

I think the chinese butt hurt comes from their "Ah ha" moment when they realize that money cannot buy them a culture or a civilization. It can buy them Hollywood studios, but some things you just cannot copy, you have to be and original, and for that it helps when you have thousands of years of art forms flourishing in the nation.

When gossiping about movies sound like "boasting" to the chinese, that is when you know that the chinese have a huge inferiority complex. :disagree:

Amir khan is the produce and actor for that movie. Its in his self interest to do promotion so that he can make Millions from china, in china. It would be stupid of him NOT to do promotional work :cheesy:

But what excuse does his 2 million Fans in China have ?

Bragging is not the same as gossiping. Maybe you didn't, but other Indians did. Look at other threads posted, title and comment.

Point is Amir had to promote heavily to sell his movies, otherwise it'll end up like Bahubali
Baahubali Bahubali -- a flop in China - Telugu 360
https://www.telugu360.com/baahubali-china-collections/

Only 2 million? Upstart Chinese actor easily gather tens of million in weibo. Now are you not bragging? :rofl: Inferiority complex much?

Last edited:
Bragging is not the same as gossiping. Maybe you didn't, but other Indians did.

Point is he had to promote heavily to sell the movies, otherwise it may ended up like Baahubali
https://www.telugu360.com/baahubali-china-collections/

Upstart Chinese starlet easily cross tens of million in weibo. Now are you not bragging? :rofl:

I knew Baahubali would not do well in china because many chinese movies are exactly like baahubali. Full of fake sets, colorful costumes and incredible fight scenes (impossible).

But movies like 3 idiots who's message is "don't copy , be original" finds acceptance because you are a nation of copy cats.

Dangal which talks about "winning Olympics medals" also find acceptance because of your CPC inspired obsession for Olympics which the chinese take pride in.

The underline emotional tone of these movies is the real selling point, because no Chinese movie can replicate the "heart" and "soul" of Indian cinema.

Because "Emotion" is at the heart of "Art", not "IQ". And that is something you have been taught/Forced to suppress by your govt.

So chinese consumer behavior comes as no surprise to knowledgeable Indians, but Indian talent comes as a shock to chinese. That is just the way it is. And you are frustrated because you just cannot figure out what I have just told you.

I knew Baahubali would not do well in china because many chinese movies are exactly like baahubali. Full of fake sets, colorful costumes and incredible fight scenes (impossible).

But movies like 3 idiots who's message is "don't copy , be original" finds acceptance because you are a nation of copy cats.

Dangal which talks about "winning Olympics medals" also find acceptance because of your CPC inspired obsession for Olympics which the chinese take pride in.

The underline emotional tone of these movies is the real selling point, because no Chinese movie can replicate the "heart" and "soul" of Indian cinema.

Because "Emotion" is at the heart of "Art", not "IQ". And that is something you have been taught/Forced to suppress by your govt.

So chinese consumer behavior comes as no surprise to knowledgeable Indians, but Indian talent comes as a shock to chinese. That is just the way it is. And you are frustrated because you just cannot figure out what I have just told you.

Baahublai couldn't sell because it can't match Chinese at historical movie that involves grand production set, costume, battle scene. Red Cliff, Hero 2002, Three Kingdom(drama)...etc.

Copy? Chinese movies have swept won all major awards from US to Europe, Oscar to Cannes. Indian movies won nothing but busying cloning Hollywood script.
Is Bollywood A Hollywood Clone?
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/is-bollywood-a-hollywood-clone/

You bragging abt art movies? LOL, Chinese art house have won all major awards. The Road Home, In The Mood for Love, Red Sorghum, To Live...etc.
BBC names ‘In The Mood For Love’ 2nd best film of the century
https://coconuts.co/hongkong/lifestyle/bbc-names-mood-love-2nd-best-film-century/

You're an ignorant frog living in a well, and bragging. :rofl:

Last edited:
Baahublai couldn't sell because it can't match Chinese in making historical epic movie that involves grand production set, costume, battle scene. Red Cliff, Hero 2002, Three Kingdom(drama)...etc.

Copy? Chinese movies have swept won all major awards from US to Europe, Oscar to Cannes. Your Indian movies won nothing but busying cloning Hollywood script.
Is Bollywood A Hollywood Clone?
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/is-bollywood-a-hollywood-clone/

There you go bragging again. Chinese art house have won all major awards. "In The Mood for Love," To Live"...Coming Home....etc.
BBC names ‘In The Mood For Love’ 2nd best film of the century
https://coconuts.co/hongkong/lifestyle/bbc-names-mood-love-2nd-best-film-century/

You're an ignorant frog in the well bragging about the little fly that you've just caught :rofl:

Are you seriously bragging about a "BBC declaration of best film" ? :cheesy:

Do you know that BBC is a agency of the British Govt. FUNDED by the british govt ? They would declare your president to the best president in the world if the british govt. told them to do so, or if there is a deal to be made. :lol:

No one keep tracks of awards that Indian movies win at film festivals because its a regular thing for us. On any given month, at least 10 Indian movies would have won some award or another. :disagree:

Its hilarious to watch you brag about this stuff. It really is. Now do you know who the REAL frog in the well is ? :lol:

Like I said, Indian movies are made for Indian audience, not Hollywood. Hollywood awards have little worth in India, except for bragging rights.

Chinese reaction to Indian film song,

Ah at last an Indian who is honest about Chinese movies. Knowing the name of Donnie Yen is something i can compliment you. Many Indians may not even have heard of his great name, all they can come up is Jacky Chan. Donnie Yen is not only a great martial artist, he's also a fabulous action director. Many Hollywood productions hire him for playing action scenes or teaching them how to make great action moves. Another name i can recommend is Tony Leung, he won lots of awards. Now tell me which Indian actor can even compare to Tony Leung? Even Chow Yun Fat is a world famous actor which Indian couldn't even name despite watching Crouching Tiger :rofl:

Chinese cinema is more than Kung Fu, it has a lot to offer. Indian movies? Well sorry i'm not into that dancing sh!t, if some Chinese like these kind of movies it's their taste right? Generally speaking most Chinese are not into Indian movies, it's not being hateful just honest opinion and when Indians couldn't handle the truth they make fun of China having only Jacky Chan :lol: as if he alone represent Chinese movies.

Ah at last an Indian who is honest about Chinese movies. Knowing the name of Donnie Yen is something i can compliment you. Many Indians may not even have heard of his great name, all they can come up is Jacky Chan. Donnie Yen is not only a great martial artist, he's also a fabulous action director. Many Hollywood productions hire him for playing action scenes or teaching them how to make great action moves. Another name i can recommend is Tony Leung, he won lots of awards. Now tell me which Indian actor can even compare to Tony Leung? Even Chow Yun Fat is a world famous actor which Indian couldn't even name despite watching Crouching Tiger :rofl:

Chinese cinema is more than Kung Fu, it has a lot to offer. Indian movies? Well sorry i'm not into that dancing sh!t, if some Chinese like these kind of movies it's their taste right? Generally speaking most Chinese are not into Indian movies, it's not being hateful just honest opinion and when Indians couldn't handle the truth they make fun of China having only Jacky Chan :lol: as if he alone represent Chinese movies.

Even I am a fan of Ip man Donnie Yen. Classical Chinese Japanese confrontation. Because of Hollywood adoption of martial arts, some Chinese movies are breaking the box office expectations. Chinese movies have to move away from martial arts to become relevant.

Indian movies are meant for Indian sentiments and will not be widely accepted because of cultural overtones and over dramatization. Once in a while movies like Three Idiots, Dangal come along and become international sensations. Because of your quota system these foreign movies have to compete with Hollywood movies to be allowed in your country. So, don't expect any invasion of Bollywood in your country any time soon.

Since your movie industry has matured over the years, do you think this quota system is still relevant.

Pretty narrow view about Indian cinema, I am afraid. Every year thousands of movies are made in hundreds of languages apart from Bollywood. This cultural barrier and this horrible misconception about each other should end somehow, otherwise we all will continue to sound like idiots on International forums.

Back
Top Bottom