What's new

A trip under 40K

Oh I see but train will take a long time but if you have the time then it even better than airplane since you will see many places along the track.
However, end of Feb will still be very cold, I would suggest mid of May as the earliest and I'm speaking through my personal experience. Try PTDC hotels where ever possible since they are good bang for money or try camping but for that you have to have expertise and at least another person to help you installing it. Also get a Swiss knife, a good thermos, ...many things you can borrow from your friends who travel often ... no need to buy everything ... wish you best of luck.

I am free so i have all the time in the world , time is not the problem ..
May, would be a bit late cause if i am not Wrong May is month of Ramadan this year .. travelling in Ramadan not a good idea .. plus i would most likely be traveling alone, i am better off alone, i don't like travelling with people . and thanks for the heads up :tup:

Please mention the name of place ? and traveling map ...
That is neelum valley

Neelum valley.jpg

Okay this is also a nice place to visit @Starlord

thandiani

The place is not that developed but it is a good place to enjoy natural beauty. there is good accommodation in Abbottabad and the place is 45 minute drive from there. Sprint is the best time to visit but could be also easily accessible in winters no problem to get there in winters as well.

Abbottabad-Thandiani-Attractive-View.jpg

ThandianiPicnicPointAbbottabadKPKPakistan472016.jpg

305687,xcitefun-thandiani-6.jpg

Thandiani-with-snow-in-winter-season.jpg

That is neelum valley

View attachment 450320

Okay this is also a nice place to visit @Starlord

thandiani

The place is not that developed but it is a good place to enjoy natural beauty. there is good accommodation in Abbottabad and the place is 45 minute drive from there. Sprint is the best time to visit but could be also easily accessible in winters no problem to get there in winters as well.

Abbottabad-Thandiani-Attractive-View.jpg

ThandianiPicnicPointAbbottabadKPKPakistan472016.jpg

305687,xcitefun-thandiani-6.jpg

Thandiani-with-snow-in-winter-season.jpg

I have been to Thandiyani, when i was 5 but don't remember anything except one or two things .. but the place look amazing :) thanks

I have been to Thandiyani, when i was 5 but don't remember anything except one or two things .. but the place look amazing :) thanks

My advice. Save up some more money and go in spring. You'll get the best experience for photography.

This shangrila Skardu

shangrila-resort-hotel.jpg

Shangirila-Skardu.jpg

1*0049xMjmALtYWVBjkJZ8nQ.png

This is deosai plains in autumn

0beb885b-c184-455b-a430-228115510406

This is deosai plains in spring

01%20Deosai%20Plateau.jpg
Shangrila is over rated as Fuk!

@Starlord Do you plan to go on a solo trip or with friends ?

With friends it would be cheaper bro.

If solo... cut the cost... travel cheap, stay at cheap hotels...

I spent 2 weeks .. took my own car... stayed at army guestrooms (paid civilian rates), dined at serena all that under 150k for 2 people..

Naran,Kaghan etc are on way to GB.

Any questions, id be glad to share my limited knowledge with ya.

My advice. Save up some more money and go in spring. You'll get the best experience for photography.
Winter is cool...

But the best time to visit is indeed durin spring..

Shangrila is over rated as Fuk!

@Starlord Do you plan to go on a solo trip or with friends ?

With friends it would be cheaper bro.

If solo... cut the cost... travel cheap, stay at cheap hotels...

I spent 2 weeks .. took my own car... stayed at army guestrooms (paid civilian rates), dined at serena all that under 150k for 2 people..

Naran,Kaghan etc are on way to GB.

Any questions, id be glad to share my limited knowledge with ya.

Winter is cool...

But the best time to visit is indeed durin spring..

I will be going alone , every one in my family have jobs and they are busy, most of my friends are working out side Pakistan or moved to N.America plus i prefer going solo ..

as you mentioned right, i have similar plans to stay in cheap hotels as there wont be any women ( sister/Mother or wife ) with me .. as for food i am up for anything so not a big concern ..
so far what people told me to wait till March or April , which makes sense as the snow will be melted and there wont be much road blocks .
even i will have time i dont want to exceed my budget .. which is a good experience in life to travel in a limited budget .

what i want to know and mostly people fail to tell me , is that if i travel from Khi-pindi via train .. than from there i take a private ride ( 4x4 or suzuki ) to directly go to Naran, stay there for couple of days and than come back all the way up to Muzafrabad .. and than to pindi again. staying in between at places like Kaghan and lalazar etc .. will i be able to make it in 30,000 ? as 10,000 is for Train ticket from Khi to Pindi ..

May, would be a bit late cause if i am not Wrong May is month of Ramadan this year .. travelling in Ramadan not a good idea .. plus i would most likely be traveling alone, i am better off alone, i don't like travelling with people . and thanks for the heads up :tup:
I covered following in 2 weeks;

Naran
Astore (rama meadows/lake ,kala pani etc)
Skardu (deosai,chillum,shigar,sadpara,khaplu etc) missed waterfall? Mankhota waterfall?

Gilgit — i missed phandar valley etc .. but covered Naltar. (Didnt like Gilgit much .. weather was hot)

Hunza (1.5 hours from Gilgit),Attabad,baltit and altit forts,eagles nest (paisay sirf views k haien)... but due to shortage of time and lack of experience and stupidity missed Passu and Khunjerab.

Next trip ill cover the rest.

Contact PTDC. They run regular coach trips and very affordable.

I covered following in 2 weeks;

Naran
Astore (rama meadows/lake ,kala pani etc)
Skardu (deosai,chillum,shigar,sadpara,khaplu etc) missed waterfall? Mankhota waterfall?

Gilgit — i missed phandar valley etc .. but covered Naltar. (Didnt like Gilgit much .. weather was hot)

Hunza (1.5 hours from Gilgit),Attabad,baltit and altit forts,eagles nest (paisay sirf views k haien)... but due to shortage of time and lack of experience and stupidity missed Passu and Khunjerab.

Next trip ill cover the rest.

the places you mention here are between Naran - Muzafrabad - Abotabad right ?

the places you mention here are between Naran - Muzafrabad - Abotabad right ?
Yes.
If you go from murree through kashmir .

Its a fukin trap.

PTDC motels are pathetic and cost alot.. compared to other private hotels with better facilities.

I paid almost 30k for 1 fukin night.

as i mentioned in my OP that I dont want to be scheduled by the tours guide , i like the freedom to stop and stay at any point i want to for as long as i want , you dont get that freedom with them.

Yes.
If you go from murree through kashmir .

I dont think i will go muree , my journey will begin from Rawalpindi , I wish there is some Army garrison in Naran , so my cousin can get me into ..

I will be going alone , every one in my family have jobs and they are busy, most of my friends are working out side Pakistan or moved to N.America plus i prefer going solo ..

as you mentioned right, i have similar plans to stay in cheap hotels as there wont be any women ( sister/Mother or wife ) with me .. as for food i am up for anything so not a big concern ..
so far what people told me to wait till March or April , which makes sense as the snow will be melted and there wont be much road blocks .
even i will have time i dont want to exceed my budget .. which is a good experience in life to travel in a limited budget .

what i want to know and mostly people fail to tell me , is that if i travel from Khi-pindi via train .. than from there i take a private ride ( 4x4 or suzuki ) to directly go to Naran, stay there for couple of days and than come back all the way up to Muzafrabad .. and than to pindi again. staying in between at places like Kaghan and lalazar etc .. will i be able to make it in 30,000 ? as 10,000 is for Train ticket from Khi to Pindi ..
Pindi to abbotabad and naran through muzafarabad isnt recomended.

Better option is ;

Pindi -abbotabad and naran (naran is hardly 2-3 hours at max from abbotabad).

as i mentioned in my OP that I dont want to be scheduled by the tours guide , i like the freedom to stop and stay at any point i want to for as long as i want , you dont get that freedom with them.

I dont think i will go muree , my journey will begin from Rawalpindi , I wish there is some Army garrison in Naran , so my cousin can get me into ..

Than why do you want to go to muzafarabad?

According to your plan;

Pindi>murree>muzafarabad > abbotabad ??> naran?

My suggestion;

Pindi >(through motorways— taxila- havelian route) abbotabad >naran

Pind (motorway taxila-wah)-haripur-havelian > abbotabad.

Hardly 5-6 hours drive at max...

Last edited:
Than why do you want to go to muzafarabad?

According to your plan;

Pindi>murree>muzafarabad > abbotabad > naran?

My suggestion;

Pindi >(through motorways— taxila- havelian route) abbotabad >naran

I thought it would be easier through Muzafrabad, but as you say its hardly 2-3 hours from Abotabad than i'll take your route, unless there is something worth staying for in Muzafrabad ..

@Starlord

I made it to Lahore from Naran in 10:30 hours .. straight .. with 2 stops..

On the way.. i chose Murree-nathia galli-abbotabad route to naran..

I thought it would be easier through Muzafrabad, but as you say its hardly 2-3 hours from Abotabad than i'll take your route, unless there is something worth staying for in Muzafrabad ..

See the map;

B09F7C4D-6B4B-4E65-B7DA-41C8790A81C5.png

Pindi say daewoo pakar abbotabad ki.

Agay 2 hours ka travel ha.. get on a local van or wagon..

Get up early .. start for abbotabad by 8 am...

Youd be in naran before evening.

Attachments

• BDA05240-66C0-49BB-A043-05754CB92501.png
    BDA05240-66C0-49BB-A043-05754CB92501.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom