What's new

A trip under 40K

YeBeWarned

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Asalaam Alikum everyone, guys I am planning a Trip to the northern Parts of Pakistan alone and i have a very limited budget so i just want to visit 2-3 places but i want spend few days at one place to capture the beauty of that one place, i don't like hiring tours who will take people to places for few hours and than move, i want freedom to stay on a random spot for as long as i want .. I don't have a license nor i know Driving but i can drive Bikes .

I am from Karachi and thinking about traveling in Train . My budget is around 400$ aka 40,000 Pakistani Rupee, so if anyone knows places which is worth visiting under limited budget than please let me know , Its a very random decision to make this trip plus i am a student so increasing my budget is not an option . What i know so far that Train ticket is around 5000-5500 Pkr from Karachi-Rawalpindi .
I have no Idea about rates for Hotels, Transport , Food in those areas . I have once travel to Lahore, Muree, Islamabad when i was 5 years old and since than i have never been into Punjab and beyond .
My first choice is to Travel to Naran Valley, and than come all the way down to Muzafrabad staying at various location for 1-2 days intervals but i am not sure if this is possible under such small budget, so anyone who went there or live in those / close by areas can help me regulate my budget .

@ghazi52 @snow lake @DESERT FIGHTER @krash @BHarwana @waz

@Starlord your budget is 40k now lets start.
Train AC sleeper cost is Rs 5890 for Tezgam and Khyber mail. food is acceptable on the service. Plus 300 for pindi to Abbottabad. but if you chose Standard AC it is Rs 3520 and if you chose Business AC it is Rs 4380

So I would suggest to use AC Business from Karachi to Rawalpindi

Daewoo costs Rs 4720 from Karachi to Abbottabad. food not good at most of stops but where it is good it is expensive.

23367576b5ad82e5320ca4d4c7c64f795b20baee.jpg

@Starlord your budget is 40k now lets start.
Train AC sleeper cost is Rs 5890 for Tezgam and Khyber mail. food is acceptable on the service. Plus 300 for pindi to Abbottabad. but if you chose Standard AC it is Rs 3520 and if you chose Business AC it is Rs 4380

Daewoo costs Rs 4720 from Karachi to Abbottabad. food not good at most of stops but where it is good it is expensive.

well transport is partially sorted out, so i know that i take the train to Pindi , where i have my relative in Army who will help me transport to any spot i ask him to.. my major point is where should i go ? Muzafrabad , Naran Kaghan valley i mentioned as example, plus food and hotel's are one big hectic when it comes to travelling to mountainous areas , i heard that even a small bottle of water at Saif ul mulk cost 100 pkr ..

plus i am not a very food lover, i am thin person and can survive on snacks if i have to haha , i just want to travel a beautiful place, spend good amount of time there , and easy access to food water close by .. and of course not get kidnapped :P ( sarcasm )

well transport is partially sorted out, so i know that i take the train to Pindi , where i have my relative in Army who will help me transport to any spot i ask him to.. my major point is where should i go ? Muzafrabad , Naran Kaghan valley i mentioned as example, plus food and hotel's are one big hectic when it comes to travelling to mountainous areas , i heard that even a small bottle of water at Saif ul mulk cost 100 pkr ..
I am coming to that part but had to explain the first part good for other seeking same info.

From Rawalpindi to Abbottabad. It will cost you 390 in a Daewoo ride and 260 in other services.

Once you reach Abbottabad your vocation starts.

Now if you chose Daewoo as you step out of the Daewoo station take turn to your left hand and walk few steps down the lane for 50 meters and stop there will be suzuki pick coming as public transport. raise your hand waving to it and it will stop climb in the back.

some thing like this

suzuki-ravi-std-vx-cng-1998-5547178.jpg

tell him to drop you off to at Eid gah and he will charge you Rs 30 for the trip it is a pleasant trip unlike karachi. From there ask any one where is Kala Khan shop and they will guide you it is just near Eid Gah. but on the opposite side of the road here you will find the best chapli kabab in the city plus other good bar-b-Q

If you want to eat Pizza then there are Red onion very good pizza and also pizza hut which is same every where.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kala-khan-Tikka-shop-Abbottabad/441304802583208

If you want to go for some thing more traditional then go to Ghugiyan in Abbottabad and try the Kabuli palwoo and kabbab there.

Hey I would suggest to travel on an economy class flight instead of business class from Karachi to Islamabad since your budget is limited. Then find good travel options from Isb to Naran-Kaghan, Gilgit, Chitral, Skardu, etc... Try to go the Eagle's Nest but I think it won't be easy because most of the places might inaccessible due to snow. You will enjoy more in summer...and since you're from Karachi...you guys normally have no experience of the cold... so be ready for that and pack accordingly. Try to get a good jacket and shoes from the north face...

Hey I would suggest to travel on an economy class flight instead of business class from Karachi to Islamabad since your budget is limited. Then find good travel options from Isb to Naran-Kaghan, Gilgit, Chitral, Skardu, etc... Try to go the Eagle's Nest but I think it won't be easy because most of the places might inaccessible due to snow. You will enjoy more in summer...and since you're from Karachi...you guys normally have no experience of the cold... so be ready for that and pack accordingly. Try to get a good jacket and shoes from the north face...

I am taking the train bro, and second i am not going until mid feb .. so its most likely that snow will be less . I am a part time photographer so i need to reach out places to capture moments .hum gareeb Karachi wale tu 10C mai kapne lagte hai :rofl:

I am taking the train bro, and second i am not going until mid feb .. so its most likely that snow will be less . I am a part time photographer so i need to reach out places to capture moments .hum gareeb Karachi wale tu 10C mai kapne lagte hai :rofl:
Oh I see but train will take a long time but if you have the time then it even better than airplane since you will see many places along the track.
However, end of Feb will still be very cold, I would suggest mid of May as the earliest and I'm speaking through my personal experience. Try PTDC hotels where ever possible since they are good bang for money or try camping but for that you have to have expertise and at least another person to help you installing it. Also get a Swiss knife, a good thermos, ...many things you can borrow from your friends who travel often ... no need to buy everything ... wish you best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom