What's new

A Trip to Hunza Valley under 1 Lac

bhai road achi hai , lakin mujhe driving nai ati ..
Acha chal here is a trip you will remember your whole life.

Take a Cultus with driver from Karachi.

Go to Multan from Karachi.

From Multan take MM road. Multan mianwali road.

Make a night stop at bhakkar on MM road. Take govt rest house bhakkar. CM Usman buzdar opened it for general public just recently.

Or keep driving for another 3 hours and make a over night stop at kalarkhar

From kalarkahar get on motorway and go to Islamabad.
Don't stop at Islamabad instaed make your way to muree and from there take gharyal camp road to bhurband.
From there go to muzafarabad.

Sleep night at muzafarabad.

There are all type of hotels available at muzafarabad from expensive to cheap.

Wake up in morning go to Pakistan hotel in muzafarabad near old Bazar and enjoy breakfast of paya naan chanay and lot of other stuff lovely breakfast.

Sorry one thing I forgot to add. Get a small cylinder of gas from Karachi buy it. And buy both heater and stove adapter for it.

But don't fill it with gas. Get it filled at muzafarabad.

From muzafarabad start your drive towards neelum valley.
Keep your ID cards with you. If your wife is not Pakistan national keep her passport with you.

Make your way to neelum. You will reach ath makuam just 5 kilo meters before neelum valley.

IMG_20190613_041441.jpg

If you want to stay at athmauqam it is up to you but I would suggest going to kundal shahi just a 2 I'm drive from there and staying at a govt holet there take a room there. Next to the river.

IMG_20190613_041605.jpg

Kundal shahi room will cost 3500 per dat.

From there you can visit many places daily.
Which are near by on few hours drive.

You can go to ratti gali lake from there just few hours drive lovely place.

Places to visit near kalar kahar

In neelum valley places to visit are khail valley and Arrange kel.

I would suggest to stay at this resort in kuttan just above the kundal shahi and good resort to stay.

From here you can also go to naran kaghan

Do you have any hotel number in those place ? where i can call and book rooms for us in Advance ? i am having a feeling most of the rooms will be booked :(

If you want to visit Hunza valley, than make your plans accordingly about reaching and exploring hunza.

You have a limited budget and hunza aint cheap. Decide where you want to stay in Hunza? Upper or lower Hunza or do you want to stay a bit further than hunza (means you have to hire transportation to explore the area)

Try to grab package . Include driver/guider & car from Islamabad to northern areas.
This is not your headache to give room to driver . They do it themselves. Also guider is best he will show you all places, you can stop car where you like to see scenary. He will hire for you hotel rooms, and he knows which are best places to eat., or special places to eat soup etc..
Your trip seems longer like 10 days. I think it will cost you around 1.2 lakh.
You can save 40_45k, if you travel through Natco bus & hire hotel in advance.

But this is my peronal experience this was my best ever trip in 60 k package naran kaghan , babusar top . 5 days trip.
Your planning journey seems longer. Keep extra 30k in addition of 70,000.
As you can't drive You can call guider/driver. and ask for packages.
My guider /driver was honest. Even whenever I gave him call at 10pm from hotel room for best place soup or to eat fish, he didn't hesitate for moment.

I suggest you make budget. Get detail of packages and plan according to it.
Seems Natco bus from Islamabad can save you money. But you can miss some places and you are bound on them where they stop unlike own hired car/package.

You are coming from karachi. Don't forget to take rest in Isl/Rwp.
I suggest you need 10 days for such longer trip . Visiting hills areas is not easy as it seems. You need rest in every journey.
You can easily go for spending some extra in Redbulls, sting or energy drinks to keep your energy high in hill areas and to visit beautiful places not less than paradise.

Last edited:
Ok , I just average hotels good enough to be with my super American looking wife .. I don't care much about me , hum tu kahen bhi kese bhi hotel Mai ruk jayen lakin biwi ko nai rakh sakte .

Yaar Meri wife ko attabad lake dekhna hai , us ne internet pe dekha hai .. aur deosai park bhi , warna buhat bura mane gi haha
You go to Deosai, you will have to hire an SUV.

The cheapest one would cost you 15K (thats 2017 rates) for 1 day with driver and fuel.

And skardu road comes before gilgit. Thats a whole different route.

70 is too less bro.

Make up your mind first.

Try to grab package . Include driver/guider & car from Islamabad to northern areas.
This is not your headache to give room to driver . They do it themselves. Also guider is best he will show you all places, you can stop car where you like to see scenary. He will hire for you hotel rooms, and he knows which are best places to eat., or special places to eat soup etc..
Your trip seems longer like 10 days. I think it will cost you around 1.2 lakh.
You can save 40_45k, if you travel through Natco bus & hire hotel in advance.

But this is my peronal experience this was my best ever trip in 60 k package naran kaghan , babusar top . 5 days trip.
Your planning journey seems longer. Keep extra 30k in addition of 70,000.
As you can't drive You can call guider/driver. and ask for packages.
My guider /driver was honest. Even whenever I gave him call at 10pm from hotel room for best place soup or to eat fish, he didn't hesitate for moment.

I suggest you make budget. Get detail of packages and plan according to it.
Seems Natco bus from Islamabad can save you money. But you can miss some places and you are bound on them where they stop unlike own hired car/package.

You are coming from karachi. Don't forget to take rest in Isl/Rwp.
I suggest you need 10 days for such longer trip . Visiting hills areas is not easy as it seems. You need rest in every journey.
You can easily go for spending some extra in Redbulls, sting or energy drinks to keep your energy high in hill areas and to visit beautiful places not less than paradise.
I did :

Naran (2 nights)
Astore - Rama Valley
Skardu - Deosai - Shigar
Gilgit-Hunza-Attabad lake

In 8 days on my own vehicle.

I stayed at Army’s guest rooms, had fancy dinners (Serena).

And it cost be 130K or so.

The cost doesn’t include tickets to KPK-Karachi.

Acha chal here is a trip you will remember your whole life.

Take a Cultus with driver from Karachi.

Go to Multan from Karachi.

From Multan take MM road. Multan mianwali road.

Make a night stop at bhakkar on MM road. Take govt rest house bhakkar. CM Usman buzdar opened it for general public just recently.

Or keep driving for another 3 hours and make a over night stop at kalarkhar

From kalarkahar get on motorway and go to Islamabad.
Don't stop at Islamabad instaed make your way to muree and from there take gharyal camp road to bhurband.
From there go to muzafarabad.

Sleep night at muzafarabad.

There are all type of hotels available at muzafarabad from expensive to cheap.

Wake up in morning go to Pakistan hotel in muzafarabad near old Bazar and enjoy breakfast of paya naan chanay and lot of other stuff lovely breakfast.

Sorry one thing I forgot to add. Get a small cylinder of gas from Karachi buy it. And buy both heater and stove adapter for it.

But don't fill it with gas. Get it filled at muzafarabad.

From muzafarabad start your drive towards neelum valley.
Keep your ID cards with you. If your wife is not Pakistan national keep her passport with you.

Make your way to neelum. You will reach ath makuam just 5 kilo meters before neelum valley.

View attachment 564877

If you want to stay at athmauqam it is up to you but I would suggest going to kundal shahi just a 2 I'm drive from there and staying at a govt holet there take a room there. Next to the river.

View attachment 564878

Kundal shahi room will cost 3500 per dat.

From there you can visit many places daily.
Which are near by on few hours drive.

You can go to ratti gali lake from there just few hours drive lovely place.

Places to visit near kalar kahar

In neelum valley places to visit are khail valley and Arrange kel.

I would suggest to stay at this resort in kuttan just above the kundal shahi and good resort to stay.

From here you can also go to naran kaghan
@Starlord this is the best option bro.

Neelum,Sharda,Taobut etc are beautiful valleys.

you have to do lot of hiking but its doable especially if you have bike/car which you can rent otherwise fares will be quite high especially since its travel tourist season over there.
Try to avoid season

Thanks guys for the valuable Input and suggestions ..
I guess I will just cancel it for now , and try to explain to her that we can't go right now in this budget and our limited budget .

I guess maybe next time she visit Pakistan we will have more budget and it will be in off season .

Special Thanks to @DESERT FIGHTER @BHarwana @ZAC1 @Peaceful Civilian and everyone who posted here :)

Last edited:
You can do it in 1 lac. Go to Islamabad, then rent your own car. The cheapest hotel in hunza is 3000 rupees per night. If you need further details I can get you in touch with my cousin that runs tours to the northern areas of Pakistan.

You can do it in 1 lac. Go to Islamabad, then rent your own car. The cheapest hotel in hunza is 3000 rupees per night. If you need further details I can get you in touch with my cousin that runs tours to the northern areas of Pakistan.

I hear these Travel guide tours don't give separate rooms for each couple , is that true ?

I hear these Travel guide tours don't give separate rooms for each couple , is that true ?
We're on our way to Hunza from Karachi 2nd year running in our Civic Turbo. Last year, the petrol cost us approx 30k for 3,500kms. We stopped in Lahore, Murree, Muzafarabad drove up to Pir Chanasi, trip up to Neelum valley just short of Sharda, Gilgit, Aliabad, Hopper Glacier, and went all the way to Khunjerab border crossing!
My wife is also a foreigner and we didn't have any issues travelling anywhere through check posts, even in Kashmir!
Although we stayed at overpriced accomodation, we did come across reasonably priced hotel/motel/guesthouses.
A friend is leaving Karachi next week too with 3 young kids, and she is planning to do the trip in a similar budget to yours! She was recommended a "tour guide" resident of Aliabad who is picking her up from Isloo driving her to Aliabad, and back to Isloo with accomodation, all travel in Civic Reborn, plus jeep trip to Naltar valley included for 70k - seven nights.Getting to Isloo is for her to do herself (she is going by train). He has said he will do day trips with her too, as she wants during her stay!
So it is possible to do the trip you're looking for in your budget. So you should ring around and I'm sure you'll be able to find something within your budget.
We've been lucky enough to have travelled the world, but Pakistani Northern areas, by road are amazing and up there with the best the world has to offer! Especially now while it is mostly unspoilt!

Back
Top Bottom