What's new

A Trip to Hunza Valley under 1 Lac

Last year I spent 5 days in northern areas with my wife. Package was 60,000 Rs for 5 days. It includes 1 day in kaghan , 4 days in naraz Rose valley hotel.
Breakfast included.
Driver , Corolla Xli included.
Babusar top included
Saif ul malkool lake included. They arrange jeep.
From Islamabad to naran kaghan .
I spent 25 ,000 More rupees for good lunch . Fishes, nakeen mutton, Soups etc
5 days.

If you plan on going to Hunza valley,I suggest you stay in Gulmitt or Near Passo cones. Its absolutely beautiful over there.

Karimabad and Aliabad are too expensive but than you get everything there like shops and commercial stuff. It isnt cheap though.

Goodluck

Here is how I plan my trip ..

Day 1 = take Train from Karachi to Lahore , than without staying in Lahore take some Bus from Lahore to Islamabad .

Day 2 = take a day in Capital , see around and rest .

Day 3 = Take a Bus called NATCO, I don't know much about it but i hear this is a Govt run bus service so it should be safe, than go all the way to Gilgit .

Day 4 = take a day in Gilgit and see around the nearby areas .

Day 5 = Take a car or bus to Hunza valley , reach there , stay at night , visit Attabad lake and return to Gilgit

Day 6 = Take a Bus or Car to Naltar Valley and Desosai Park spend some time there and return to Naran .

Day 7 = Take a day in Naran , Visit Saif-ul-mulk lake .

Day 8 = Take a bus or car to Shogran or Siri/Paye stay there for a day .

Day 9 = Return to Islamabad/Lahore depends on timing .

Day 10 = Return to Karachi by Same Jinnah express .

Well I cant really walk or hike, because of 2 reasons ... 1) My Wife is American and I am not comfortable walking with her around the place ... and 2) well My wife is a little chubby so She cant walk much so ... either i take car or buses .

Do you have a car and can you drive?
In my opinion that is the best option.
And expenses will be less.

Gilgit is a bad option to drive to first.
If you want to explore skardu or Astore.

If you plan on going to Hunza valley,I suggest you stay in Gulmitt or Near Passo cones. Its absolutely beautiful over there.

Karimabad and Aliabad are too expensive but than you get everything there like shops and commercial stuff. It isnt cheap though.

Goodluck
Where did you stay?

Do you have a car and can you drive?
In my opinion that is the best option.
And expenses will be less.

Gilgit is a bad option to drive to first.
If you want to explore skardu or Astore.

Where did you stay?
No bro , I can't drive so I will have to rely on rent a car or so ..

I have one guy who I travel with when I was in Islamabad for my interview , he took us to muree and balakot and further , he was a good decent guy , but right now I am looking for a train or bus to travel to Islamabad . There is no two person sleeper compartment left .

No bro , I can't drive so I will have to rely on rent a car or so ..

I have one guy who I travel with when I was in Islamabad for my interview , he took us to muree and balakot and further , he was a good decent guy , but right now I am looking for a train or bus to travel to Islamabad . There is no two person sleeper compartment left .
Train is your last option man.
You will use a bus, but be ready for spending a day and night - till Rawalpindi.

What about hotels? Reservation k baghair tang ho gai.

Last year I spent 5 days in northern areas with my wife. Package was 60,000 Rs for 5 days. It includes 1 day in kaghan , 4 days in naraz Rose valley hotel.
Breakfast included.
Driver , Corolla Xli included.
Babusar top included
Saif ul malkool lake included. They arrange jeep.
From Islamabad to naran kaghan .
I spent 25 ,000 More rupees for good lunch . Fishes, nakeen mutton, Soups etc
5 days.

Kaghan Naran is part of KPK not Gilgit Baltistan formerly called Northern Areas .

Train is your last option man.
You will use a bus, but be ready for spending a day and night - till Rawalpindi.

What about hotels? Reservation k baghair tang ho gai.

Kaghan Naran is part of KPK not Gilgit Baltistan formerly called Northern Areas .
I am looking at Daewoo sleeper bus , plus I know this one hotel in balakot , pine track hotel , which was good and they have a branch in shogran as well , rest i don't know .. the guy I am trying to find if I find him he knows a lot of hotels in reasonable price .

2 saal pehlay i went on my car for naran kaghan n areas near to it.me n my assistant (my friends brother) we use to sleep in our car no hotel or an
ything was required.bohat faida rha...we use to park our car in bazar then sleep
...so hotel sa behtr hai apna camp ya ziada kr sakty ho tu gari ma soo jao...campint sites har jaga hoti hain...gari pa jao r camp lagao

Instead of going to Gilgit etc.

Spend time in Naran/Kaghan and Siri paye.

Ziada shook huwa tou try Fairy meadow.
70k is a bit less to travel to Gilgit,hunzai etc.

It can still be managed but hotels etc may not be upto your standards.
Ok , I just average hotels good enough to be with my super American looking wife .. I don't care much about me , hum tu kahen bhi kese bhi hotel Mai ruk jayen lakin biwi ko nai rakh sakte .

Yaar Meri wife ko attabad lake dekhna hai , us ne internet pe dekha hai .. aur deosai park bhi , warna buhat bura mane gi haha

Guys, as I have mentioned in my last post which got lost somewhere in this section and I am too lazy to dig it out, so Mods don't mind .. Anyway, my Wife is here, and as the Eid is Passed now we are planning our trip to the Northern Parts of Pakistan, unlikely for me that my wife has some bad teeth which needs to be fixed, so the budget i put for my trip which was around 130,000 - 150,000 Pkr is now only limited to 100,000 Pkr .. In 1 Lac I have to travel from Karachi to Lahore in Jinnah express as they have private compartments for 2 persons ,fare for that compartment is around 6500 pkr per person means 13,000 for 2 people for a single way trip . Than I have to travel to Islamabad from Lahore which I don't know which transport i should pick , Either daewoo , Taxi or Private cars ?

What i have in mind to stay in Northern Pakistan for 8-10 days , and I want to go all the way up to Hunza , that would be my last stop , some of my friends told me that you should not go to China border cause its just mountains and nothing much interesting there . Some of the places which i marked for us to visit are these .. ( Islamabad , Naran , Shogran , Siri&paye , Naltar Valley , Deosai Park , Gilgit and Hunza , Attabad Lake ) I want to cover all these places in 8-10 days , under the budget of around 70,000 ( Train ticket round trip excluded ) .

I am kinda worried that during this part of the year A lot of National and International Tourists visit these places, and Prices for everything just go up by more than 100% .and I am unsure if i will be able to pull this trip through in just 70,000 which include car , Hotel Rooms , Food . I don't want to take those cheap tour guides they costs some 30,000-40,000 per person depends on how many days , but their services sucks .

I want to know if anyone has similar experience in similar budget and how it went for you ? And if anyone knows any cheap but family Friendly hotel I can stay in , and someone who works in those areas and has contacts with some dude with a car for rent ? And I am open to any suggestions if I should skip anyone of those places i mentioned above .
I have highlighted the figures so it will be easier for the reader .

Why not take a train from Karachi to pindi the fare is not that much. Like Karachi to Lahore is 6200 and Karachi to pindi is 6600. If you take dawoo from Lahore to pindi it will be some where 1100 and going to dawoo station from railway station will be like 400 extra.

Why not take a train from Karachi to pindi the fare is not that much. Like Karachi to Lahore is 6200 and Karachi to pindi is 6600. If you take dawoo from Lahore to pindi it will be some where 1100 and going to dawoo station from railway station will be like 400 extra.
There is no seat available in two person compartment , I won't travel in 6 berth compartment , I am not comfortable leaving her with 4 random people .

Back
Top Bottom