What's new

A Sri Lankan national lynched in Sialkot by mob of terrorists for blasphemy

Talked to my father about the incident.
His reaction was like it's too bad but the victim must have said or done something insulting on Islam that made people go mad on him. (A regular desi reaction)

He doesn't understand the dynamics of having blasphemy laws that carry death penalty.
If there is a crime that carries death penalty or other severe punishment, the tendency for vigilante justice for such crimes grows in the society.

So instead of blaming TLP or other Mullahs, Pakistan must make blasphemy laws with much lenient in punishment to see incidents don't happen too often.
Except the fact that it's not the court who sentenced him(using blasphemy law) but the TLP monsters who thought killing an innocent man will get them ticket to heaven.

1638554090965.png

Last edited:
Deal was signed by PTI govt not Bajwa. Even if Bajwa had an opinion Khan should have had balls to stick with his own opinion. Bajwa ko khuda tu nae hai seedhi si baat hai Bajway kay agay Khan bi lait jata hai.

At the end of the day its establishment who runs the country and civilian government is their to take the blame on most of the law and order issues.
I remember 2 more cases before, one was of a factory worker who accused the factory owner of blasphemy as he was going to get fired for some reason. In the matter of minutes crowd assembled after shouting the accusation by the worker and the owner fate was no different then this case apart from burning the body.
Similarly a bank guard shoot and killed the bank manager for the personal reasons and then accused the manager of blasphemy and start shouting and again crowd was their in matter of seconds. But to his bad luck whole incident was caught on the CCTV and it was all a staged drama and latter it turned out to be that the manager was a very pious Muslim.
It will be sensible that all the Madrasah's are brought under the government control and children are taught religious and as well as the mainstream schooling too. All political affiliations from Madrasah's should be removed.
To all liberal's who don't waste a second from giving and calling names to our country if its not safe for you then you might as leave and apply for the Indian or the Polish citizenship. This is a very tragic incident and no one deserves to go through this kind of justice, government and law enforces must take the responsibility. Questions need to be asked from the government, judges and the rest of the politicians why performance of our courts is so poor and when this shameful dispensation of justice and behaviour will change.

Very unfortunate, if this true. The poor guy had no reasonable way of knowing that the words were religious in nature. :(

To make a thing clear, especially to the foreign visitors here: The Blasphemy Laws have targeted many more Muslims than foreigners and non-Muslims. And the Blasphemy Laws are often used to settle property or other disputes. I will give you an example--a very personal one. My own brother in Karachi had a business/property dispute with an uncle. In a heated moment, my brother threw off some papers from an office table to the floor. There was some news clipping or some paper with Islamic writing. The uncle grabbed the opportunity and filed a case under the Blasphemy Law. It was a long drawn legal battle where my brother had to spend money on legal cases and last minute bail or even hiding in relatives houses. The stress may have contributed to my dad's death. The matter was finally resolved when I went to Pakistan to attend my dad's funeral in 2009 and I made attempt to reach out to the uncle--who respected me as 'professor'--and the finally the matter was resolved. It was one of my greatest joys and accomplishments of life!
So please know the perspective!

Absolutely pathetic and dangerous..... criminals must be punished be it Indians or from any other countries staging this..... grow up south Asians grow up......
Mob justice is rife in the subcontinent. When the law enforcement is weak and at times complicit these incidents will continue.
11 years ago the same city Sialkot, witnessed a horrific heart breaking story of two young teenage brothers, out minding their own business and suddenly accused of theft. A mob gathered and beat them with iron rods and long staff. The poor brothers begged for mercy as they had nothing to do with any theft. Their broken bodies were lynched and driven across the city.

The blasphemy law needs to be removed as soon as possible. Anyone can accuse anybody of blasphemy and next thing you know, they're murdered by a mob. This doesn't happen in other Muslim countries.

Such behaviour cannot be attributed to even Animals.

Mass education campaign targeting the deprived section of the society should be Punjab governments priority.

My sincere apologies to Sri Lanka.
These are the aseeran e khatme nabowat you love so much

Why act so shocked now?

Mob justice is rife in the subcontinent. When the law enforcement is weak and at times complicit these incidents will continue.
11 years ago the same city Sialkot, witnessed a horrific heart breaking story of two young teenage brothers, out minding their own business and suddenly accused of theft. A mob gathered and beat them with iron rods and long staff. The poor brothers begged for mercy as they had nothing to do with any theft. Their broken bodies were lynched and driven across the city.

I never knew about this..... what a sad state we are leaving in this 21st century 😢

The blasphemy law needs to be removed as soon as possible. Anyone can accuse anybody of blasphemy and next thing you know, they're murdered by a mob. This doesn't happen in other Muslim countries.
Removing blasphemy law or tlp would do little

The problem is now societal with many thinking killing blasphemers on the spot is a good thing

I have seen many low points in Pakistan's history, but I have never been this ashamed of being a Pakistani as I am today. The damage has already been done. This incident will haunt the country for a long, long time to come.

If the state does not take a hard line against extremism and ignorance after this horrific incident, then there is absolutely no hope for this country. The only way forward from here is to treat this incident as a turning point, like the APS attack - only it will be much more difficult to root out the kind of extremism we saw in Sialkot, than the APS. That's because the APS attackers were a fringe group, not part of the mainstream. The Sialkot attackers are very much in the mainstream - sad but true.

What the hell was the Sri Lankan guy doing in Pakistan?! I find it odd that a factory manager in Pakistan needs to be hired from Sri Lanka :undecided:
This mentality is what keeping investors away from pakistan. Then pakistanis cry why no investors want to come to pakistan.

RIP... Hope his family find strength in overcoming such a loss.

We are here so disturbed by these pics imagine the condition of his family...... I'm sorry to all srilankans brothers...... my country has done a really bad and shameful thing......

Except the fact that it's not the court who sentenced him(using blasphemy law) but the TLP monsters who thought killing an innocent man will get them ticket to heaven.
View attachment 798625
That's what I said about vigilante justice. If something is considered as a heinous crime e.g. rape or if it's about blasphemy, even religion dictates severe punishment . If u kill the alleged accused or culprit, society appreciate ur action though it's illegal. And that encourage more people to commit vigilante crimes/justice.

Turning the tide against unionists in Punjab
but... were there any "unionists" in Punjab at the time? I didn't know Pakistan movement existed in 1929. it only started a year or 4 later. there was no tide to turn, it was just communal nonsense at the time, famously "the communal 20s". Iqbal turned Islamist, and celebrated the murder of a publisher for blasphemy. and the Pakistan movement started as a culmination of all these events later.

Back
Top Bottom