What's new

A Russian colonel reveals to RT what will happen to Israel if Egypt gets the Su-57 fighter

The problem with the Egyptian Rafales is they are F3+ and not the latest F3R.

"Both DGA and Dassault intend to use all these developments on future export versions of the Rafale. The aircraft sold to Qatar, Egypt and India are currently set to be equipped with the F3R standard, however."

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/defense/2017-06-21/rafale-new-standard-enhance-capabilities

To each his own.

My point was just to highlight how respectfully complementary most Indians such as yourself are of the Israelis and you hardly get the same in return. In fact, for the most part it's the opposite. Shame.

The thing about LM is they can't survive bad publicity from other countries regarding the F-35 due to the numerous attacks on the program at home. They can't admit that the F-35 is still incomplete.

That's true I agree with that based on all the published information to date.
Back to the comparison of the F-35 vs Su-57, here's a very important aspect I mentioned earlier as well as you did when you included variable stage engines. Look how embedded the PW F-135 is, and we all know the technology in the F-135.

Compare this to the setup on the Su-57.

attachment.php

That's true I agree with that based on all the published information to date.
Back to the comparison of the F-35 vs Su-57, here's a very important aspect I mentioned earlier as well as you did when you included variable stage engines. Look how embedded the PW F-135 is, and we all know the technology in the F-135.

Compare this to the setup on the Su-57.

attachment.php

I don't know what you mean.

5a91ab11d437508f0d8b4599.JPG

The retired Russian army colonel Vyacheslav Gailon commented on Deputy Defense Minister Yuri Borisov's comments that there was a possibility that Egypt would ask Russia to buy the newest Russian fighter, Sukhoi 57.

"If Egypt gets these fighters, it will give the Egyptian Air Force a full advantage over the Israeli air force," the Russian colonel said in private remarks to RT.

Colonel Gailon added that the SU-57 fighter is undoubtedly much better than the F-35 fighter, which is owned by Israel and the United States, especially in its missile-carrying system.

In response to the emergence of this fighter in the skies of Syria, the former Russian colonel confirmed that it is able to participate in the operations of Russian space air forces in special operations there, not only against terrorists, but is able to engage with a real enemy in the sky, in case US and Israeli fighters intercept Russian forces.

The new Russian fighter SU-57, produced by Sukhoi, has a remarkable stealth capability to conceal itself... It is also characterized by its speed and its great range.

https://arabic.rt.com/middle_east/929024-عقيد-روسي-سيحدث-لإسرائيل-امتلكت-مصر-مقاتلات-سو-المدمرة/

28059322_1415628778549587_3292446398878517468_n.jpg
Probably bad Vodka...I personnaly don’t think that the IAF is loosing sleep over the Egyptians getting the the SU57...

I don't know what you mean.

Why? I was pointing out the well thought-out placement of the F135 engine since you mentioned variable cycled tech in the eventual IZD30 in the PAK-FA and that the F135 also has all that tech including cooling aspect to reduce its thermal signature, but mostly the way it's placed in relation to the fuselage, intakes and especially the way it's embedded at the rear. There is so much thought process, designing and engineering put into the infrared aspect of stealth in the F-35 and F-22 that doesn't seem to exist in the PAK-FA, at least design-wise and not necessarily technology-wise.

I was also replying to the Rafale level and even though that article I linked says the Egyptian and Indian Rafales (most likely the Qatari ones too) are/will be the F3R version, I do believe that at least the first 24 coming to Egypt are the F3.4. Not sure if the optioned 12 more would be the F3R or not.

@Taygibay , any idea about that? Also if there is an upgrade as part of the Egyptian Rafale deal(s)?

Well, the F3R is having a slight delay but the line
in Mérignac produces one standard only so yes,
any of the Options would be F3R and not F3.3.

There is nothing forbidding a full F4 upgrade for
the original 24 but I don't think it was budgeted
originally so that it would come an additional cost
which will be easy to spot if included in the option.

12 Rafales is worth 1.1B€ for future reference.

Have a great day, mate, Tay.

Why? I was pointing out the well thought-out placement of the F135 engine since you mentioned variable cycled tech in the eventual IZD30 in the PAK-FA and that the F135 also has all that tech including cooling aspect to reduce its thermal signature, but mostly the way it's placed in relation to the fuselage, intakes and especially the way it's embedded at the rear.

The F-35's engine placement is typical for pretty much all single engine designs.

There is so much thought process, designing and engineering put into the infrared aspect of stealth in the F-35 and F-22 that doesn't seem to exist in the PAK-FA, at least design-wise and not necessarily technology-wise.

You can't tell by looks alone.

@Gomig-21 @The SC

I have not read the article but I think a proven platform like Rafale is better for Egypt, I really think it fits well with EAF. I'm sure they are procuring more in coming years.
Rafale is one of the best 4th++ generation fighters out there..no doubt about it..Still Egypt needs a small number of dedicated Air superiority/supremacy fighters like the SU-35 or SU-57 to play a fighter AWACS role and aerial command roles sometimes..

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom