What's new

A Russia-China military alliance would be a bulwark against America’s global imperialism. Is it time for Washington to panic?

proof that there were any massacres during annexation? The treaty of 1858 specifically states that current inhabitants were to remain in the area even though Russia offered to pay for their deportation.

Besides, the territory was outer manchuria which was kept as a nature preserve by the Qing nobles, with no Han allowed to enter. This was violated, but technically, Han shouldn't have even been there in the first place.

proof that Russia has higher investment barriers to China than EU?

Russia has 2x the GDP of Turkey.
google "江东四十六屯" for the Russian massacre.

2x the GDP of Turkey isn't much of a difference. Still a small market. And don't forget, Russians are very protective regarding China accessing their market.

So are you now saying that only Han belongs to China? There's nothing I need to say about this. This is not how modern China is envisioned.

google "江东四十六屯" for the Russian massacre.

2x the GDP of Turkey isn't much of a difference. Still a small market. And don't forget, Russians are very protective regarding China accessing their market.

So are you now saying that only Han belongs to China? There's nothing I need to say about this. This is not how modern China is envisioned.

I know of that, that did not occur during the annexation but 50 years later. When you are weak, that's what happens. Might is right. It wasn't anywhere close to what British, Japanese and Germans did either, yet here we are today still trading with them and KMT even allied with Germany.

and I didn't say that - the Manchus did. They were the ones who instituted that rule and they were the ones who signed the treaty, the same treaty that ROC accepted. PRC does not have the responsibility of going after Qing failures since PRC is not the direct descendant of Qing.

Who's going to check Chinese imperialism?
Do you know the meaning of imperialism?
Imperialism:- "the policy of extending the rule or authority of an empire or nation over foreign countries, or of acquiring and holding colonies and dependencies. "

So what imperialistic actions has China taken to justify your question "Who's going to check Chinese imperialism?" ?

Russia has done pretty much nothing to china compared to what countries and neighbours generally do to each other. E.g. france and germany. What happens in the past is the past especially if its such a small deal dont know why ur even mentioning it.

Russia has done pretty much nothing to china compared to what countries and neighbours generally do to each other. E.g. france and germany. What happens in the past is the past especially if its such a small deal dont know why ur even mentioning it.

Many Asians are power worshippers. They worship the strong and hate the weak. They're just politically correct social Darwinists. They have a very caveman like mentality. They think that Turkey is loud, boastful and western = Turkey strong, we have to cater to it, what if their opinion of us is *gasp* low? Russia is quiet and non-western = Russia weak. Who cares if they are a neighbor, have higher mutual approval rates, have higher tech, trade more with China and have more people to people exchange? They are quiet little Slavs, and oh btw do you remember some obscure little thing that happened 100 years ago? They nonwestern and are thus bad and weak.

Even if Russia is strong in one aspect, they're weak because they don't dare do this or can't offer that, so they downplay them while saying ridiculous bullshit like some Turkish TV being popular means foreigners are willing to die for Turkey lmao. They will ignore evidence to the contrary, like how Hong Kong rioters playing Genshin Impact and listening to Kris Wu will still burn down mainland stores and attack people speaking Mandarin. They won't cite sources and they'll try to be like Trump but without Trump's power or money.

Of course you are smarter than that. You can can do imperialism without big wars. You just call it a scene when taking territories from Vietnam or the Philippines or India, etc. Not a war.

We know China's intentions. They want half the Pacific Ocean besides the other territories in dispute with other countries.

If america can take over the Pacific Ocean, without any legal claim to it. Then so can China. You're just hot n bothered because finally there are world powers that are challenging america and will one day take its hegemony away.

You seem to forget, its america which it's military all around the world and at China's doorstep. So if China is shoving america back, it's a natural course of action. I wish China all the success in doing so.

The world has had enough of britain, France and america running around, trying to dominate the world with mafia style tactics. The western world as whole is a zionist owned and control sphere. And when it's zionist, then definitely anything is better than zionist-west.

Unlike america, britain. france and etc, Russia and China both pursue a multi-polar world where no one has hegemony over the other. Not everyone is like you guys, who have power, money and hubris fill their heads.

India is up to the job, surely.

They're climbin' in your windows, they're snatchin' your cattle up...

Exactly what you're accusing China of: hegemonic aggression short of war. Stop bullying Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Myanmar, and I'm sure I'm missing others. Which of your neighbours don't you have a problem with?

Annexation of Sikkim and claiming the claims of British Raj that South Tibet and Ladakh is India.
Modi should go to Beijing on hands and knees and kowtow 3 times and return the land back to China.
And give back the freedom to Sikkim.

If america can take over the Pacific Ocean, without any legal claim to it. Then so can China. You're just hot n bothered because finally there are world powers that are challenging america and will one day take its hegemony away.

You seem to forget, its america which it's military all around the world and at China's doorstep. So if China is shoving america back, it's a natural course of action. I wish China all the success in doing so.

The world has had enough of britain, France and america running around, trying to dominate the world with mafia style tactics. The western world as whole is a zionist owned and control sphere. And when it's zionist, then definitely anything is better than zionist-west.

Unlike america, britain. france and etc, Russia and China both pursue a multi-polar world where no one has hegemony over the other. Not everyone is like you guys, who have power, money and hubris fill their heads.
We never took over the Pacific Ocean. China on the other hands wants it literally. You wish China's success on taking over territories from the Asian neighbors currently.

I'm not. But I know better that Turkish soft power is widely admired in: Turkic countries, Pakistan, Algeria, Malaysia, Indonesia and even some Arabs who think their leaders are corrupt and they need to revive the Ummah.

Naive! A Russia China military alliance is last option, but it's nothing with Turkey. The major players in the world are US, Russia and China, even EU belongs to others, not to mention Turkey.

Naive! A Russia China military alliance is last option, but it's nothing with Turkey. The major players in the world are US, Russia and China, even EU belongs to others, not to mention Turkey.
You seriously think Russia has the same weight as EU and the US? Russia is becoming less and less important.

The problem is that Russia can't be trusted in such an alliance thats the main problem cuz Russia is allied with the Americans and the western world because they identify with them. The far rights in Europe and America see Putin as their leader such an allies would not work for China that part is for sure because the russians try hard to be westernes and they are the outcast child from Europe but make no mistake they think they are part of them.

The Russians won't allow the collapse of the Americans because they have a common understanding hence why Russia would never side with China in a war against the US or the Western world

The problem is that Russia can't be trusted in such an alliance thats the main problem cuz Russia is allied with the Americans and the western world because they identify with them. The far rights in Europe and America see Putin as their leader such an allies would not work for China that part is for sure because the russians try hard to be westernes and they are the outcast child from Europe but make no mistake they think they are part of them.

The Russians won't allow the collapse of the Americans because they have a common understanding hence why Russia would never side with China in a war against the US or the Western world

Russia is under total US sanctions. China is under a few tariffs and some specific company sanctions.
US has no bases on China's border but they have NATO in the Baltics. Russians are gonna forgive that? They are being treated like crap.

They're gonna accept losing their savings, losing their jobs and making less money, things that affect them every day, for some vague sense of identity with guys who share their skin color and nothing else? They're gonna be ok with losing their house and being unable to provide for their family because some internet strangers give them some thumbs up? When 71% of Russians support China?

Naive and probably never worked a day in your life.

A Russia-China military alliance would be a bulwark against America’s global imperialism. Is it time for Washington to panic?
23 Oct, 2020 19:12
5f93235085f5406e6d227791.jpg

Servicemen of the Chinese Armed Forces march along Red Square in Moscow during the military parade to commemorate the 75th anniversary of Victory in World War II. © Sputnik / Ramil Sitdikov

Vladimir Putin says it’s ‘quite possible to imagine’ a full-blown defense pact between Moscow and Beijing in the near future. Such a deal would transform the geopolitical balance – and be a big headache for the US and NATO.

Just over 70 years ago, Stalin and Mao haggled in Moscow to create the short-lived Sino-Soviet treaty. With China’s Communist Revolution still fresh, Beijing turned to the Soviet Union for economic and military support in securing its new state. Ideologically on the same page, the two powers had a common enemy: the United States and its allies.

By securing a friendship with China, Stalin ultimately hoped to tilt the balance of the Cold War away from Europe and into Asia, giving him a strategic advantage over NATO.

History may be about to repeat itself. Russian President Vladimir Putin yesterday commented that he could not rule out a potential military alliance between Moscow and Beijing. Although he observed such a bonding was not currently necessary, he noted, “theoretically, it’s quite possible to imagine it,” and that, “without any doubt, our cooperation with China is bolstering the defense capability of China’s army,” and “time will show how it will develop … we won’t exclude it.”

Undoubtedly, China’s strategic ties with Russia are getting stronger. Although they do not see eye to eye on absolutely everything, what’s bringing it to this? And what would the consequence of such an alliance be? Ultimately, the two countries are again finding themselves united by the premise of “The enemy of my enemy is my friend,” and facing up against the United States and its treaty allies. This has already resulted in extensive military and technological cooperation. The outcome, however, of a formal military pact would be troublesome for Washington, shifting the balance of power across the Eurasian landmass, as well as on the specific frontiers on which it has sought to target Russia and China.

The turning point for growing strategic affiliation between Beijing and Moscow commenced in 2014. Faced with the Ukrainian crisis and Western sanctions, Putin turned to China to diversify Russia’s economic strategy, signing several landmark gas pipeline agreements that saw the Russian Federation deepen its role in providing energy to China. In turn, this period also saw Russia become a pivotal component of Beijing’s Belt and Road initiative, allowing Chinese investment to connect Eurasia with ambitious infrastructure developments, including the construction of roads and railways through Russian territory that have allowed China to establish direct land routes to European nations.

But as this economic relationship has intensified, so has the military one. China, too, has found itself at the forefront of growing antagonism in recent years from the West, not least the United States. While Russia’s concern has been the frontier of Eastern Europe and the expansion of NATO eastwards, China, on the other hand, faces a growing military presence by the US and its allies around its maritime frontier in the South and East China Seas, with Washington touting its “free and open Indo-Pacific” initiative as a bid to contain Beijing. Both countries are secure within their continental landmasses, but face constant strategic headaches over these “hostile peripheries,” and herein is where common interests coverage into the military cooperation.

What impact would such an alliance have? A formal agreement would ultimately pose problems for America and its allies. First of all, in North East Asia around the Korean peninsula and Japan, a Russia-China partnership would change the balance of power comprehensively, especially in terms of air and naval power. The addition of Russia into the South China Sea disputes would also expand Beijing’s dominance across the region, particularly in the air, were China to offer access to bases in this region. Likewise, the addition of Chinese capabilities in Europe would also pose new challenges for NATO. The pairing would also turn the balance of nuclear forces in the world against the US, probably provoking an arms race.

Of course, this is all hypothetical. The countries have growing interests and they are first likely to intensify their strategic, economic, and technological cooperation – for example, Russia is providing a bastion for Huawei while the US attempts to force it out of Western markets – but, nonetheless, this is not quite enough to form a committed marriage. Moscow and Beijing have differences. An involvement of China on Europe’s NATO front would further sour its attempts to improve trade and investment relations with the European Union, while Russia likewise continues to have interests in dealing with India, which has been a forefront of Chinese military friction.

However, one may note that these differences aren’t bucking the trend. Cooperation between the two countries will continue to grow – at the very least, each one serves as a vital strategic counterweight to hedge against policies of containment, sanctions, and antagonism posed by the Western alliance. They clearly need each other, but whether this will at some point result in a formal military alliance is not yet certain. But it is a prospect that will surely worry Western policymakers.

here's my 2 cents worth of input into this ongoing global discussion :

i support multi-polarism.
i support China taking over leadership of the South China Sea, and reaping the tax benefits that go along with it.
i do this, as a faithful and loyal member of NATO who sometimes disagrees with the hawks in my own camp.

i see China and Russia in an ideal position to start an alliance with each other, to offset the massive monetary advantage that the west has.

but let it be clear as well : i only support multi-polarism, because i *hope* that it can prevent regional war by putting the world's largest military powers (US, EU, Russia, China, India) on a more equal footing with each other, making the price of regional wars hopefully as high as "going to nuclear war" is now : too high.

after this phase, i hope we as humanity can move to a stage of cooperation between the major powers on Earth, working in tandem to prevent terrorism and separatism.. and then we have to hold on to both our strength and our levels of cooperation through military excercises. idiots and the violent will see to a continued need for militaries to uphold their strength.

make me proud, militaries and politicians of Earth.
allow each other breathing room, room for growth, and an equal seat at the tables of power.

Last edited:
We never took over the Pacific Ocean. China on the other hands wants it literally.

Keep telling yourself, if it helps you sleep at night. It doesn't change the facts on the ground that american gained those territory through military means. Swing the story, spin how you want it, the truth says otherwise and it is the truth, the Law of the Almighty Allah that only matters to the 2 billion plus Muslims on this planet.

You wish China's success on taking over territories from the Asian neighbors currently.

Your country is a slave state of the zionists, we as Muslims will support nations who challenge zionist anglo-franco-dutch-america's savage hegemony. You're living in a fool's paradise if you think otherwise.

Your country is a slave state of the zionists, we as Muslims will support nations who challenge zionist anglo-franco-dutch-america's savage hegemony. You're living in a fool's paradise if you think otherwise.
i see plenty of Muslims living in peace with the zionists these days. i hope that number will increase.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom