What's new

A Qoute from Syed Modoodi

roughly, it means that,

"the islamic state was built upon three, step-wise foundations. 1. the Holy Quran, 2. The Sunn'a ( actions and sayings of our Holy Prophet p.b.u.h) , and 3. Juristic reasoning,
but it is our bad luck that we have reversed this procedure and have now started following , 1. juristic reasoning for a particular time and place , 2. the Sunn'a , 3, and at the last, the Quran, .........and this new procedure is responsible for the current state of affairs.....which has made islam a stagnant and static religion."...........Syed Abu-ul-ali Maududi.

p.s..... plz correct me if i'm wrong fellas.

roughly, it means that,

"the islamic state was built upon three, step-wise foundations. 1. the Holy Quran, 2. The Sunn'a ( actions and sayings of our Holy Prophet p.b.u.h) , and 3. Juristic reasoning,
but it is our bad luck that we have reversed this procedure and have now started following , 1. juristic reasoning for a particular time and place , 2. the Sunn'a , 3, and at the last, the Quran, .........and this new procedure is responsible for the current state of affairs.....which has made islam a stagnant and static religion."...........Syed Abu-ul-ali Maududi.

p.s..... plz correct me if i'm wrong fellas.

Thank you very much!:D

Excellent translation Doc! :tup:

For those who can't read Urdu:

"Millat-e-Islami ki imarat dar assal is tarteeb par qayem hui thi ke pehle Quarn Majeed, phir Rasul Allah (PBUH) ki sunnat, phir ahl-e-ilm wa baseerat ka ijtehaad. Lekin badqismatee se is tarteeb ko bilkul ulat dia gaya aur naee tarteeb yoon qaraar paen ke pehle ek khaas zamane ke ahl-e-ilm wa baseerat ka ijtehaad, phir sunnat-e-Rasul Allah (PBUH) aur sab se akhir main Quran...yehi naee tarteeb is jamood ki zimmadar hai....jis ne Islam ko ek sakin wa ghair mutahrak cheez bana diya hai."

And the state of affairs getting worse and worse for muslims as we are still under the control of those who are following the second way and taking us towards the destruction. May Allah Almighty show us all the right path and save us from wandering in darkness.

And the state of affairs getting worse and worse for muslims as we are still under the control of those who are following the second way and taking us towards the destruction. May Allah Almighty show us all the right path and save us from wandering in darkness.

when i was growing up in Hyderabad Karachi never ever did we lock our front doors.we use to play cricket in the streets day and night.in our cricket team and our street there were people of all different back ground and religions also different sect of Islam.
all adults were respected no body and i mean no body said iam muhajir iam pathan Hindu shia Sunni etc.i remember those days and some times i cry as these things are no longer available to our kids.

Allah Almighty show us all the right path
Quran :smitten:

Back
Top Bottom