What's new

A plane full of Indians behaving badly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha Ha. Obviously. Some reason Pakistanis are known to live in LAla Land. They are completely ovlivious to global facts. FROG OD THE WELL Syndrome. :)

Ohh. So that is the reason Why Pakistanis having this fake egoistic attitude. Thanks to confirming.

ON da other side I challange all the Pakistanis to PROVE How are the better treated than Indians in western world.

Vice versa, I can prove the same if asked to? Are Pakistanis ready fo it? :)

Chuityape hamesha dimag pe lagte hain dil pe nahi. Indians ne Dimag pe le liya hai actually. :D

For Indians. truth is always acceptible. U wud never see any Indian not acquainted to Poverty, social issues, etc. But when illogical lies come across, its obvious that we wud protest.

Jhoot ko Jhoot bolna kabse galat ho gaya? :)

i don't think its a chutiyapa , and you can go through this thread and find how tolerant Indians are :)
sach ko sach maan lene see koi chota nai hota :D

Kis Sach ki baat kar rahe ho. Be specific? :)

Jo sach tum bologe ab, exactly specific reply milega with proofs. Bring it on. :)

you seem like this :guns::flame:
well i was talking about the article :wave:

The dramaqueen has been given a free hand to entertain people. The clown has a bit of creative liberty. You don't take a circus clown seriously, do you? The same thing applies here, just have a laugh and move on. ;)
Poor desperate Dorothy lost for words as always, damn those five kids must be taking it's toll. :laugh:

its true,,no doubt.

but one truth is that pakistanis will behave exactly the same,,so don't be so happy
No they dont. When Indian passengers get upset/angry / boorish, they misbehave and are insensitive.. When Pakistani passengers go thru the same emotions, they threaten to blow up the plane ;)

The behavior continues even if they give up Pakistani citizenship and acquire citizenship of another country.. After all you can take a Pakistani out of Pakistan, but you cant take Pakistan out of a Pakistani :)

Held PIA plane flies to Manchester, probe still continues

Pakistan jet intercepted by fighters over UK after passenger bomb threat - officials - World News

Share thisPrintEmail
19254-LahoreairportAFP-1382614660-396-640x480.jpg

Upon entering the Arrivals lounge, the long queues and slow pace often results in queue-jumping and scuffles. PHOTO: AFP

I have realised of late that flying is no longer as enjoyable as it used to be, especially transit travel or stop-over flights. This realisation hit me recently when I travelled from London to Islamabad and had a stop-over in Dubai. The journey began well with the flight from London to Dubai well-equipped with the latest gadgets and gizmos; the air hostesses were polite and smiling; and there was a general aura of comfort and relaxation.

However, this comfort did not last long and there was a world of difference in the connecting flight from Dubai to Islamabad. The plane itself was like something that had just taxied out of the 80s, while the air hostesses’ were cold, unwelcoming and downright rude. I was appalled to see them snubbing passengers and even yelling at those who had difficulty understanding English.

The question is why do Pakistanis get treated like third-class citizens while foreign passengers are given the royal treatment?

Sadly, a lot may have to do with how we behave ourselves.

In my travelling experience, I have seen that many Pakistani passengers lack basic plane etiquette. You can see this lack of awareness from the moment the call to board is announced – there is such an unbelievable frenzy that it seems as if the passengers are afraid that the plane will leave without then. Only once boarding is complete and the overhead bays are filled to the brim with hand luggage of all shapes and sizes – ranging from regular bags to rolled-up comforters and food containers – that passengers relax into their seats.

However, the concept of plane safety is simply lost on our country’s men and women. I have personally witnessed passengers get up to use the toilet or take something out of the overhead compartment while the plane is still taking off! Basic travel sense dictates that the most dangerous time during a flight is at the point of take-off and landing. Yet, countless times I have seen air hostesses’ screaming at the top of their lungs to make passengers sit down, but their plea usually falls on deaf ears.

After this battle of the crew and passengers, the next drama ensues over the toilet.

I have been traumatised more than once by walking in on someone whilst they are sitting on the toilet simply because they didn’t know how to lock the door properly!

However, all hell breaks loose the minute the wheels hit the tarmac. While the plane is still taxiing, one can hear a sea of seatbelts being unlocked, followed by a human stampede as passengers scramble to unload their overhead luggage and run for dear life. Watching from a distance, sitting comfortably in my seat for the queue to thin, I sadly see an almost animal sense of urgency – an urgency so intense that people almost climb over each other to get out of a very small exit. As expected, the air hostesses are too exhausted to muster a goodbye or even fake a smile by this time.

Unfortunately, the trauma is not over once you disembark. Upon entering the Arrivals lounge, the long queues and slow pace often results in queue-jumping and scuffles. Passengers travelling from far and wide to visit loved ones, attend events or even conduct business are already exhausted from the uncomfortable travel and these delays don’t help at all. Needless to say, such an experience puts a damper on the much-awaited arrival in Pakistan.

After all, first impressions always leave an everlasting imprint, especially for those making the trip for the first time; therefore, it is vital for airport authorities to deal with passengers expediently and courteously.

Passengers are now pinning their hopes on the new Islamabad airport and praying that it will help alleviate these problems. In the meantime, we can only hope that our behaviour on planes will change to pave the way for more comfortable flights, happy passengers and smiling air hostesses’.

Hopefully, some God sent angel will decide to make aircraft etiquette classes mandatory in Pakistan too.

Do you think Pakistanis lack basic travel etiquette?

• Yes
  • No

Share thisPrintEmail

Upon entering the Arrivals lounge, the long queues and slow pace often results in queue-jumping and scuffles. PHOTO: AFP

I have realised of late that flying is no longer as enjoyable as it used to be, especially transit travel or stop-over flights. This realisation hit me recently when I travelled from London to Islamabad and had a stop-over in Dubai. The journey began well with the flight from London to Dubai well-equipped with the latest gadgets and gizmos; the air hostesses were polite and smiling; and there was a general aura of comfort and relaxation.

However, this comfort did not last long and there was a world of difference in the connecting flight from Dubai to Islamabad. The plane itself was like something that had just taxied out of the 80s, while the air hostesses’ were cold, unwelcoming and downright rude. I was appalled to see them snubbing passengers and even yelling at those who had difficulty understanding English.

The question is why do Pakistanis get treated like third-class citizens while foreign passengers are given the royal treatment?

In my travelling experience, I have seen that many Pakistani passengers lack basic plane etiquette. You can see this lack of awareness from the moment the call to board is announced – there is such an unbelievable frenzy that it seems as if the passengers are afraid that the plane will leave without then. Only once boarding is complete and the overhead bays are filled to the brim with hand luggage of all shapes and sizes – ranging from regular bags to rolled-up comforters and food containers – that passengers relax into their seats.

However, the concept of plane safety is simply lost on our country’s men and women. I have personally witnessed passengers get up to use the toilet or take something out of the overhead compartment while the plane is still taking off! Basic travel sense dictates that the most dangerous time during a flight is at the point of take-off and landing. Yet, countless times I have seen air hostesses’ screaming at the top of their lungs to make passengers sit down, but their plea usually falls on deaf ears.

After this battle of the crew and passengers, the next drama ensues over the toilet.

I have been traumatised more than once by walking in on someone whilst they are sitting on the toilet simply because they didn’t know how to lock the door properly!

However, all hell breaks loose the minute the wheels hit the tarmac. While the plane is still taxiing, one can hear a sea of seatbelts being unlocked, followed by a human stampede as passengers scramble to unload their overhead luggage and run for dear life. Watching from a distance, sitting comfortably in my seat for the queue to thin, I sadly see an almost animal sense of urgency – an urgency so intense that people almost climb over each other to get out of a very small exit. As expected, the air hostesses are too exhausted to muster a goodbye or even fake a smile by this time.

Unfortunately, the trauma is not over once you disembark. Upon entering the Arrivals lounge, the long queues and slow pace often results in queue-jumping and scuffles. Passengers travelling from far and wide to visit loved ones, attend events or even conduct business are already exhausted from the uncomfortable travel and these delays don’t help at all. Needless to say, such an experience puts a damper on the much-awaited arrival in Pakistan.

After all, first impressions always leave an everlasting imprint, especially for those making the trip for the first time; therefore, it is vital for airport authorities to deal with passengers expediently and courteously.

Passengers are now pinning their hopes on the new Islamabad airport and praying that it will help alleviate these problems. In the meantime, we can only hope that our behaviour on planes will change to pave the way for more comfortable flights, happy passengers and smiling air hostesses’.

Hopefully, some God sent angel will decide to make aircraft etiquette classes mandatory in Pakistan too.

• Yes
  • No

OUCH. :bad:

Source and date reek of desperation of Pakistanis. How low can they fall?

Share thisPrintEmail

• Yes
  • No

Oops.. Looks like its by a Pakistani author ;)

Albeit a couple of year old article, nonetheless the author makes some interesting observations and revelations and ironically in the comments section, most Indians seem to agree with him.

I now fly quite often from San Francisco to Dubai. There are direct flights each way. Dubai is the main hub for Emirates Airlines, which makes it the connecting point for a lot of people flying to south Asia. The flights each way are often 80% to 90% south Asians, and the vast bulk of those are from Indian – either those from India or non-native Indian-Americans flying to and from the mother country. There are a smattering of Pakistanis and Sri Lankans. Both exhibit quite different behaviours which are more acceptable to my western ideals.

The flight to Dubai is EK 226, the one to SFO is EK 225. I’ve flown them about a dozen times in the past three years (yes, I am a gold-level frequent flyer). So I have observed Indians on crowded airplanes many, many times. No flight has been a real pleasure. Why? Indians make the worst flying companions. Bad behaviors to the extreme in variety and frequency.

You think I am being racist or biased? No, I just see the same behaviours over and over again.

Examples:

Indian children are seldom under control and never admonnished for bothering others. They run up and down the aisles throughout the flights, often yelling and screaming in glee – even during the midflight period of lowered lights when many people want to sleep. The parents act intentionally oblivious or it does not register in their minds that noisy, unruly kids on an airplane are not in good form.

Indians are so used to a crowd of jostling people that they bump into you, step on your feet hard, and such things with nary an “excuse me” or “I a sorry”.

The world view is self-centerred and ignores others. Hindu Indians eat special vegetarian meals. They get served first and much earlier than most people. The cabin crew then starts serving all of the other passengers. When these Hindus finish their meals, unlike most non-Indian people who wait with food trays in front of them, invariably some Indians do two things. The more “polite” ones get up with their full used trays and walk to hand them to the crew trying to feed the other passengers. The “impolite” ones just put their trays in the aisle, as if it was outside of a hotel room, ignoring the fact that the crew needs that aisle to feed others and that others might want to walk to the restrooms.

Indians who cannot sleep through the rest period will get up and congregate, talking loudly between themselves. This often is not just near the restrooms, but anywhere they feel like. They do not care that it is not in their seating area, they deserve the right to make noisy conversation in yours. Once again, if one bumps into you (aisle seats are terrible for this even if you lean away from the aisle) or step into your row and onto your feet, no apologies.

Indians do not want to board by rows or deplane by them. Annoucements for business class/ first class/ high flyer miles passengers invariably means most of the passengers get up and crowd the gate area. Deplaning is more chaotic than most other trips. My last trip, upon landing in SFO, but before the aircraft was to the gate and the seatbelt sign went off, there were two announcements that there was a medical emergency and passengers should remain seated until the medical people came on board and removed the ill passenger. This made no difference. The plane pulled up to the gate, the seatbelt sign remained lit, but a horde of Indians crowded the aisle in a couple of seconds (that was so exasperating that I yell at the idiots in my section that they were told to sit because there was a medical emergency….the response was a couple dozen looks of uncomprehending pairs of sheep eyes.

A fw things have been singular, so far, but reflect this unaware attitude. The woman who was boarding towards the end who did not find a space in the overhead bin saved for her seat and just stood there blocking others from getting to their seats and yelling about how her luggage space had been stolen. The guy who upon getting to his seat, the window inside of my aisle seat wanted to go to the restroom even while people were still boarding (Excuse me, Mr. Dumb Indian, but there are restrooms next to the waiting room and it is a 16-hour flight, are you going to do this a couple of dozen times?)

Clueless, egocentric, rude to the maximum.

A plane full of Indians behaving badly | Fetzthechemist's Weblog

You should be awarded nobel prize for discovering new diseases among native Indians......:p:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom