What's new

A new dawn for Japan and Philippines: Japan requests access to military bases in the Philippines

No, the Philippines' economy is larger than Vietnam's + Cambodia's + Laos combined. To give you a perspective of how large their economy is compared to the region. The Philippines may not have a strong military, but their economy is one of the best performing in the region with stellar indications for continued long term growth. Within a decades time, they will reach a middle income state -- in par with that of Malaysia.

Don't spew ridiculous nonsense in something you have little knowledge about.

PH is peaceful neighbor, but we wish they could have enough stuffs to protect their resources. with 100 mln population their potential development is good. My wife has some PH friends living in Vietnam for long, while go back and forth to USA, EU as they work for US companies. Recently, they suggest to put their money into my own company business in Vietnam. LOL

The next people to join this alliance should be Spanish Inquisitors.

How many Filipino civilians were massacred by Japanese and Americans again? If China wants to cut off trade in the SCS, they can do it. The islands don't change anything. You're asking for a conflict for what, exactly?

japan is just being a loyal lapdog of the US and following its orders.but what exactly can an aging, radiation infested, declining japan do? nothing but bark.

japan is just being a loyal lapdog of the US and following its orders.but what exactly can an aging, radiation infested, declining japan do? nothing but bark.

Don't repeat that nonsense statement everywhere.
Japan is still greater than most of remaining.

the US banned every agricultural product from japan.

No they didn't, they banned Japanese products without physical inspection. Anything inspected is still allowed, though bans are still enforced on other products. Here's the alert from the FDA itself:

Import Alert 99-33

As per the alert, Japan also banned the export of some products - to prevent any undo occurrences or scares in importing nations.

You're not in a very good mood are you my friend :eek:

It seems he's at least enjoying himself, or maybe other's "misery" - his info is wrong though, as per the FDA notice on Japanese food exports to the US:

Import Alert 99-33

Last edited by a moderator:
No they didn't, they banned Japanese products without physical inspection. Anything inspected is still allowed, though bans are still enforced on other products. Here's the alert from the FDA itself:

Import Alert 99-33

As per the alert, Japan also banned the export of some products - to prevent any undo occurrences or scares in importing nations.

Import Alert 99-33

still it shows japanese food products are unsafe. i know i wouldnt buy japanese food product.

so you are saying japan feed japanese people radioactive food and export good stuff overseas? thats disturbing.

all im saying is if he thinks japan is a fine place to live, he should move there. i know i would pick vietnam over japan as a place to live anytime of the day.

I can tell that you have some kind of personal experience against Filipinos? You seem to have a bias against them , personal-related that leads you to hold such negative views of the Philippines.

Truth, no one can deny that the Philippines had its share of corruption cases, plus you have to understand that the country was under the control of a dictator who siphoned billions of dollars worth of capital to his personal swiss accounts --- you do remember the man named Ferdinand E. Marcos, right? By the time he left office (or more like booted from office) in 1986, the Philippines had a large foreign debt, with poorly administered industry that were nationalized by Marcos from 1968-1986. The Philippinees had a rough start , and had made significant strides since 1987 till now.

The progress is seen in the level of infrastructure development, level of education of the country, not to mention their nation's growth rate of 7%. It is proof that they implemented the necessary program evaluation to correct negative indices.

It's either personal or a collective hatred against us, just like the rest of the human scum.

:rofl: new dawn...Entire scheme is ordered by USA.Neither Japan nor Philippines have any choice in this and any other matters.It is done just to annoy China and nothing else.Both countries are being used by USA as a tool to annoy(notice -->annoy <-- here-USA cannot do anything harmful anymore) China.It is much better for both countries instead to bow down to certain loving to interfere country to start work with China-much bigger benefits.

I am in favor of this. I personally think it would be beneficial especially if the Philippines could increase its military capabilities by training with these two forces. So this is indeed a good development having US and Japanese forces in the Philippines. Definitely it will give the Chinese Navy something to seriously think about.

PH is peaceful neighbor, but we wish they could have enough stuffs to protect their resources. with 100 mln population their potential development is good. My wife has some PH friends living in Vietnam for long, while go back and forth to USA, EU as they work for US companies. Recently, they suggest to put their money into my own company business in Vietnam. LOL

The Philippines, if you study their policies, is actually a responsible country that has neither intervened externally to disparage other countries' affairs. Throughout its brief history of national existence, the Philippines had cooperated and aided the South Korean Government and the United States in the Korean War , then briefly in the 1960s by providing an engineering battalion to aid the South Vietnamese , as per the policies of SEATO (do note that Thailand, Philippines and to an extent the Malaysians and Indonesians sent observers and personnel in capacity building exercises). However, after the Vietnam War, you will see that the Philippines mainly focused on internal development, internal adjudications. The Philippines, as you may already known, is a vast country --- an archipelagic state of more than 7,000 islands , with a population that already estimated at 105 million. By no means is the Philippines 'small' like say Laos (6 million) or Cambodia (15 million) or Brunei (700,000). She is the 2nd largest country (by population) in the entire ASEAN, second only to Indonesia (which is already at 256 million).

So you can see, my friend, why the major objectives of the Philippine Government has been primarily focused on regional development -- the construction of infrastructure throughout Luzon, the Visayas, Mindanao, Palawan regions. They have brought in foreign direct investments that have produced major urban and financial centers throughout their nation --- the growth of the major cities:

1) Manila / Makati
2) Quezon City
3) Ilo-Ilo City
4) Cebu City
5) Bacolod City
6) Tacloban City
7) Davao City
8) General Santos City
9) Zamboanga City
10) Butuan City
11) Puerto Princessa City

These said cities are major production sites of the Philippines, home to major industrial centers that is transforming the countryside as well as neighboring provinces into par cities as that of Manila. For example, their 2nd largest city --- Cebu City --- has a large deep water port, and is the major shipping hub of the country 2nd only to Manila. New cities such as Ilo Ilo, Bacolod, Davao and Zamboanga are competing now with Cebu as they are also becoming shipping hubs as well as major export ports.

The Philippines' Government has for quite some time focused also on civic development, in partnership with JICO and JETRO in the facilitation of producing professionals in engineering, medicine, nursing, science and technology sectors that are the backbone of the Philippine Economy. This is a good policy because it leverages their country's assets , and one it has led to an increase in standard of living for their people, which will also reduce incidence of armed insurgency.

Now we have to retrospectively analyze that for too long the Philippines had focused on internal threats, rather than external. Understandable since they are not an interventionist country. By every means the Philippines is an insular country with a foreign policy focused not on external intervention. So one an understand their lapse in judgment, afterall, they really have no 'land' borders with anyone, right?

The Philippines Government only failure is its naivete in thinking that larger regional powers would respect their national mandate and national territory without a proper defense force. And well that is a lesson for all powers, the Philippines' included, to never negate external defense. Tho they are late to the game, they are doing so in a responsible fashion , development of arms purchases and military training but not sidelining their infrastructure development.

I think the environment in which Vietnam is in vs the environment that the Philippines is a major variable.

Regards,

I am in favor of this. I personally think it would be beneficial especially if the Philippines could increase its military capabilities by training with these two forces. So this is indeed a good development having US and Japanese forces in the Philippines. Definitely it will give the Chinese Navy something to seriously think about.

One of the major attracting qualities of the Philippines , to Japan that is, is the fact that the Philippines is a representative democracy. She is by far not a 'small nation', but a medium-sized nation, a nation of more than 105 million , mostly young and educated populace, a "silent" industrial giant in her own right.

Mark my words, in 1-2 decades time, the Philippines will surpass Thailand and Malaysia.

It really won't. Even with 10 years of such development even Taiwan would still utterly destroy the Philippines Navy in its entirety.

If they ever grow the balls to attack Taiping Island, the Philippines will get its *** kicked into a bloody mess :) They know it, we know it.

Why would they do something like that? The Philippines is not an interventionist state, examine its history and the Philippines is rather insular , and keeps to her defined territorial borders.

lol.

If they ever grow the balls to attack Taiping Island, the Philippines will get its *** kicked into a bloody mess :) They know it, we know it.

Lastly, they don't claim "Taiping island".

You mistake the Philippines for say the PRC , or Viet Nam.

Why would they do something like that? The Philippines is not an interventionist state, examine its history and the Philippines is rather insular , and keeps to her defined territorial borders.

lol.

The Philippines is not interventionist because they're weaklings, not because they have no desire to kill and steal.

And yes, they do claim Taiping Island as part of "Freedomland," rofl

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom