What's new

A new dawn for Japan and Philippines: Japan requests access to military bases in the Philippines

But he loves the Mainland so much and he wouldn't mind if Taiwan reunifies with the Mainland with the CCP still in power.

If he loves the Mainland so much, then let him repatriate to the Mainland.

It behooves me why he still lives in Taiwan.

If he loves the Mainland so much, then let him repatriate to the Mainland.

It behooves me why he still lives in Taiwan.

Most likely, he's one of the pro-Mainland Taiwanese.

Not to mention that he turns a blind eye on the issue of the Uyghurs and Tibetans YET he makes reference on our Mindanao issue.

But he loves the Mainland so much and he wouldn't mind if Taiwan reunifies with the Mainland with the CCP still in power.

In Japan, we have close to 1 million Japanese - Chinese. About 600,000 are those who immigrated during the 1970s to 1990s, and the remaining 300,000 + are those who came recently. There is also more who are of half Japanese and Chinese ancestry (product of Japanese fathers and Chinese mothers; Japanese mothers and Chinese fathers). Usually, when asked why they prefer to move to Japan than to stay in China, they will cite the following variables:

a) higher standard of living
b) less strict laws
c) greater civil rights
d) harmonious society

Let us also remember that there are MORE Chinese who prefer to live in Japan than there are Japanese who live in China. I wonder why that is.

Most likely, he's one of the pro-Mainland Taiwanese.

Not to mention that he turns a blind eye on the issue of the Uyghurs and Tibetans YET he makes reference on our Mindanao issue.

Selectivity, i presume. But let us not dwell too much on our friend Truth.

Let's focus on building this thread, amigo. :)

In Japan, we have close to 1 million Japanese - Chinese. About 600,000 are those who immigrated during the 1970s to 1990s, and the remaining 300,000 + are those who came recently. There is also more who are of half Japanese and Chinese ancestry (product of Japanese fathers and Chinese mothers; Japanese mothers and Chinese fathers). Usually, when asked why they prefer to move to Japan than to stay in China, they will cite the following variables:

b) less strict laws
c) greater civil rights
d) harmonious society

Let us also remember that there are MORE Chinese who prefer to live in Japan than there are Japanese who live in China. I wonder why that is.

I am not sure but this may offer some explanation.

How Brainwashing Works in China « China Change

I am not sure but this may offer some explanation.

How Brainwashing Works in China « China Change

As a young undergrad , you know, i had many Chinese classmates, many of whom were residents, and many were also exchange students. Among the Chinese students in Japan, there is unprecedented competition among their ranks to attain graduate study programs in Japan , which affords them to extend their stay in Japan. Many of whom who graduate , are also one of the most competitive forces in the job industry. I remember when I was writing my bachelors in science thesis --- and preparing to defend it before a faculty assembly --- the one who defended before i did was a male student from Ningbo, China. Not only was he exceptionally fluent in Nihonggo , his mannerisms was crisp, perfect Japanese mannerisms. Even how he bows. When he was asked his name, that is when i realized he wasn't even Japanese, but a Chinese. That is how they heavily assimilate to Japanese.

Anyways, most of them --- the Chinese students in Japan usually land jobs in Japan. Very few, if any, ever prefer to go back to China.

They are non-interventionist and have not been involved in wars with its neighbors. Is that not a good quality ?

They are, naturally, peaceful towards their relevant neighbors.

:)
They dont have much resources to do so

b) less strict laws
c) greater civil rights
d) harmonious society

Selectivity, i presume. But let us not dwell too much on our friend Truth.

Let's focus on building this thread, amigo. :)

because china has 1.3 billion people. of course there are more people living in japan than vice versa. 10 years ago chinese might have more incentive to go to japan for work. now less and less people prefer to go to japan. even you prefer to live in the US than japan. obviously a wise decision on your part since japan is in seriously trouble, not only it is contaminated by radiation, the economic prospect is very dim.

there is no economic recovery in japan. a case in point, on today's news, toshiba and sharp's shares plunged like 20% -30% today, and might go bankrupt soon. japan is finished!

because china has 1.3 billion people. of course there are more people living in japan than vice versa. 10 years ago chinese might have more incentive to go to japan for work. now less and less people prefer to go to japan. even you prefer to live in the US than japan. obviously a wise decision on your part since japan is in seriously trouble, not only it is contaminated by radiation, the economic prospect is very dim.

Im in the United States because I'm in a Doctoral (Ph.D) program, which I'm set to do post-doctoral research back home. I do not plan on becoming a US citizen (tho i have assets and property here), I will most likely go back to Japan afterwards , after i finish further training. My loyalty first and foremost is to Japan. If you may not notice, Japanese do not even need visas to enter the United States (vice versa), and reciprocity among our academics.

lol

because china has 1.3 billion people. of course there are more people living in japan than vice versa. 10 years ago chinese might have more incentive to go to japan for work. now less and less people prefer to go to japan

lol, are you sure?

Foreign student applicants to Japan are mostly , overwhelmingly, from China.

p8-chinese-a-20150423-870x652.jpg

Left to right: Lin Chu Qiao, Yang Yichun, Pan Zhe Hui and Jin Yuchen, alumni of Shanghai's High School Affiliated to Fudan University, will start studying at Waseda University in Tokyo in the fall. While Waseda recruits some students straight out of top high schools in China, where it has offices, usually Chinese students get to Japan with the help of agencies in China that deal with visas, housing and other issues first.

Culture, cost and proximity draw Chinese students to Japan | The Japan Times

Im in the United States because I'm in a Doctoral (Ph.D) program, which I'm set to do post-doctoral research back home. I do not plan on becoming a US citizen (tho i have assets and property here), I will most likely go back to Japan afterwards , after i finish further training. My loyalty first and foremost is to Japan. If you may not notice, Japanese do not even need visas to enter the United States (vice versa), and reciprocity among our academics.

lol
you obviously are a very bright lad. if you can live comfortably in the u.s. you probably should stay there a bit longer till the radiation clears up. but its up to you though.

you obviously are a very bright lad. if you can live comfortably in the u.s. you probably should stay there a bit longer till the radiation clears up. but its up to you though.

I love research, but I yearn to go back to the JMSDF and join, if possible, the Office of Naval Intelligence.

:)

Besides, we need more of our officers to gain graduate level education here in the United States. It enables them to have a better appreciation of global affairs, and the information learned in the United States is...indispensable.

well most chinese students prefer to go to the us, uk, canada, and australia. japan is also a prefered destination but not nearly as popular.

The point is, my friend, that the rumor of Chinese changing their preference to study in Japan is false. Which you had indirectly alluded to in your previous post. Be that as it may, I have no qualms with Chinese who prefer to study, and live in Japan, even naturalize as Japanese.

Provided that they do not act as a fifth column.

Back
Top Bottom