What's new

A new dawn for Japan and Philippines: Japan requests access to military bases in the Philippines

GDP per capita is but an estimation, but the larger picture is gdp growth rate (nominal terms) , number of foreign direct investments, job creation per annum, and the demographics of jobs created by industry. There's no way Japan is 'responsible' for the Philippine economy, but i will say that Japan is an active partner , active investor (actually the largest FDI in the Philippines, as well as the largest trading partner of the Philippines). So we can say that Japan 'contributes' to the growth of the Philippine economy, but not responsible for the Philippines' success. The ones responsible for said success are the Filipino people, Filipino businessmen, and the leadership in Malacanang.

What matters is how well the people life. Phil has one of the worst life expectencies in ASEAN. It has lower income than Nigeria. It has among the highest crime rates in all of Asia except for those torn by civil war.

In that case which country isn't a "success" aside from North Korea, Syria and Zimbabwe?

I know exactly how "large" the Flip economy is. Why compare it with another impoverished hellhole like Vietnam, as well as two small countries with a combined population of 20 million?

The word 'impoverished' is harsh, don't you think? The word 'developing' is better. Let's be respectful, remember that there was a time when the West also referred to China or even Taiwan as an 'impoverished' country 50 some years ago. Lo and behold how they were proven wrong. Point is --- don't underestimate the developing countries in ASEAN. They are on the rise, whereas developed countries such as Japan , Taiwan, South korea, USA, Germany, France -- are on stasis.

The word 'impoverished' is harsh, don't you think? The word 'developing' is better. Let's be respectful, remember that there was a time when the West also referred to China or even Taiwan as an 'impoverished' country 50 some years ago. Lo and behold how they were proven wrong. Point is --- don't underestimate the developing countries in ASEAN. They are on the rise, whereas developed countries such as Japan , Taiwan, South korea, USA, Germany, France -- are on stasis.

Taiwan grew by 3.7% and that's not including our enormous surpluses from the China trade and repatriated earnings from our expats overseas. Taiwanese per capita household wealth is now over $240,000 which is among the highest in the world. With more economic integration with the mainland this will keep improving. Not boasting, just telling the truth.

If the Philippines stopped being a mindless lackey of the United States, who has in the past killed hundreds of thousands of her people in a racist war, they would be doing much better. I have no problem with Phil-Japan relations as long as Japan isn't cooperating as just another compromised entity, in futility against Chinese (Mainland + Taiwan + Hong Kong + Macau + Overseas Chinese) interests.

And who is to say Thailand and Malaysia won't keep growing? They're doing also doing quite well (or Thailand will be once their confusion is cleaned up).

What matters is how well the people life. Phil has one of the worst life expectencies in ASEAN. It has lower income than Nigeria. It has among the highest crime rates in all of Asia except for those torn by civil war.

In that case which country isn't a "success" aside from North Korea, Syria and Zimbabwe?

Why are you comparing the Philippines to countries that are out of the geographical sphere? lol.

Would it not be better to compare the Philippines' gdp per capita with its neighbors ? Would that not give you a better comparative analysis on Philippines' standard of living with say that of Indonesia, or Burma, or Vietnam et al ?

So, let's compare , shall we?

fe6fe048-0ef4-11e1-b83c-00144feabdc0.img

So you see @TheTruth --- the Philippines has a gdp per capita that is fairly 'decent' for the region (ASEAN).

Why are you comparing the Philippines to countries that are out of the geographical sphere? lol.

Would it not be better to compare the Philippines' gdp per capita with its neighbors ? Would that not give you a better comparative analysis on Philippines' standard of living with say that of Indonesia, or Burma, or Vietnam et al ?

So, let's compare , shall we?

fe6fe048-0ef4-11e1-b83c-00144feabdc0.img

So you see @TheTruth --- the Philippines has a gdp per capita that is fairly 'decent' for the region (ASEAN).

That's completely unfair. Laos and Cambodia have been ravaged by war and Vietnam and Burma have been international pariahs. Also they are on the low end of that chart on a population-weighted scale. What's the Philippines' excuse? They were coddled by Japan and America for decades and have nothing to show for it. So they ransom Chinese Filipinos (and kill them anyway), shoot up buses full of Hong Kong people, steal Taiwanese boats, take our charity money whenever they have a disaster and then try to steal our islands and call us "Jews of Asia" 10 minutes later. Of course they do this while shooting each other up and also bragging about how great they are.

Taiwan grew by 3.7% and that's not including our enormous surpluses from the China trade and repatriated earnings from our expats overseas. Taiwanese per capita household wealth is now over $240,000 which is among the highest in the world. With more economic integration with the mainland this will keep improving. Not boasting, just telling the truth.

Good to see the trade between Taiwan and the Mainland bringing in wealth for the Taiwanese people ! You know that I'm a fond supporter for increased economic wealth and sovereign wealth for East Asian countries such as Japan, China, South korea , Taiwan.

And who is to say Thailand and Malaysia won't keep growing? They're doing also doing quite well (or Thailand will be once their confusion is cleaned up).

The two nations in ASEAN that will be major drivers of growth are: 1) Indonesia , 2) The Philippines

Good to see the trade between Taiwan and the Mainland bringing in wealth for the Taiwanese people ! You know that I'm a fond supporter for increased economic wealth and sovereign wealth for East Asian countries such as Japan, China, South korea , Taiwan.

The two nations in ASEAN that will be major drivers of growth are: 1) Indonesia , 2) The Philippines

In absolute or relative terms? Malaysia almost grew as much in absolute terms. Indonesia by nature of having a much larger population contributed more to overall growth. The Philippines also has a higher population growth rate so their contribution to per capita GDP has not been that stellar.

That's completely unfair. Laos and Cambodia have been ravaged by war and Vietnam and Burma have been international pariahs. Also they are on the low end of that chart on a population-weighted scale. What's the Philippines' excuse? They were coddled by Japan and America for decades and have nothing to show for it. So they ransom Chinese Filipinos (and kill them anyway), shoot up buses full of Hong Kong people, steal Taiwanese boats, take our charity money whenever they have a disaster and then try to steal our islands and call us "Jews of Asia" 10 minutes later. Of course they do this while shooting each other up and also bragging about how great they are.

I can tell that you have some kind of personal experience against Filipinos? You seem to have a bias against them , personal-related that leads you to hold such negative views of the Philippines.

Truth, no one can deny that the Philippines had its share of corruption cases, plus you have to understand that the country was under the control of a dictator who siphoned billions of dollars worth of capital to his personal swiss accounts --- you do remember the man named Ferdinand E. Marcos, right? By the time he left office (or more like booted from office) in 1986, the Philippines had a large foreign debt, with poorly administered industry that were nationalized by Marcos from 1968-1986. The Philippinees had a rough start , and had made significant strides since 1987 till now.

The progress is seen in the level of infrastructure development, level of education of the country, not to mention their nation's growth rate of 7%. It is proof that they implemented the necessary program evaluation to correct negative indices.

See i told you this people are arrogant @ holes they are hold by propaganda and little facts so posting aganist SOBs is useless

In absolute or relative terms? Malaysia almost grew as much in absolute terms. Indonesia by nature of having a much larger population contributed more to overall growth. The Philippines also has a higher population growth rate so their contribution to per capita GDP has not been that stellar.

Both the Philippines and Indonesia will become the industrial / manufacturing arms of ASEAN. Indonesia already has surpassed Thailand in terms of industrial output, and the Philippines is set to surpass Thailand and Malaysia.

Malaysia is limited due to its population and restrictive policies, Thailand is political unstable --- is under a military government and likelihood of democratic reorientation is close to nill due to Thai proclivity for military intervention. The two largest democracies and industrial potential in ASEAN are: 1) Indonesia and 2) The Philippines.

I can tell that you have some kind of personal experience against Filipinos? You seem to have a bias against them , personal-related that leads you to hold such negative views of the Philippines.

Truth, no one can deny that the Philippines had its share of corruption cases, plus you have to understand that the country was under the control of a dictator who siphoned billions of dollars worth of capital to his personal swiss accounts --- you do remember the man named Ferdinand E. Marcos, right? By the time he left office (or more like booted from office) in 1986, the Philippines had a large foreign debt, with poorly administered industry that were nationalized by Marcos from 1968-1986. The Philippinees had a rough start , and had made significant strides since 1987 till now.

The progress is seen in the level of infrastructure development, level of education of the country, not to mention their nation's growth rate of 7%. It is proof that they implemented the necessary program evaluation to correct negative indices.

Taiwan, South Korea and Singapore were also under dictators. I think it's the opposite, you just love the balut too much :) Personally I like Filipinos as long as they don't go on about their religion. But I'm not stupid enough to believe they haven't mistreated their minorities, particularly the Muslims in the South and the Chinese.

There's nothing saying Phil's growth is going to keep up at 7%. We'll see. Frankly I doubt it. India was at similar points before, before collapsing back to 4-5%.

Lol ! Serious flaws in China's approach over SCS . First rule of the game (war) is surprise . And Chinese every day keep pretending to attack its neighbors but don't. This will only result in arms race where your enemies are coming together and developing their capabilities . As of now US pacific fleet + Japan + Australia are conformed for gang bang . And adding fuel to the fire India + Vietnam will jump in but depends upon situation. Now Filipino and Japanese are stepping up its game. South Koreans are core enemies of China . Singapore strictly prohibit any Chinese aggression over SCS .

What kind of game are you playing China ? Lots of flaws !!!

Taiwan, South Korea and Singapore were also under dictators. I think it's the opposite, you just love the balut too much :) Personally I like Filipinos as long as they don't go on about their religion. But I'm not stupid enough to believe they haven't mistreated their minorities, particularly the Muslims in the South and the Chinese.

There's nothing saying Phil's growth is going to keep up at 7%. We'll see. Frankly I doubt it. India was at similar points before, before collapsing back to 4-5%.

Good points. I'm heading out for a barbeque, buddy. Will respond later.

PS. lol at the "balut" , yea balut is good, but i prefer their sisig and san miguel beer. ;)

Lol ! Serious flaws in China's approach over SCS . First rule of the game (war) is surprise . And Chinese every day keep pretending to attack its neighbors but don't. This will only result in arms race where your enemies are coming together and developing their capabilities . As of now US pacific fleet + Japan + Australia are conformed for gang bang . And adding fuel to the fire India + Vietnam will jump in but depends upon situation. Now Filipino and Japanese are stepping up its game. South Koreans are core enemies of China . Singapore strictly prohibit any Chinese aggression over SCS .

What kind of game are you playing China ? Lots of flaws !!!

The only people confirmed for gang bang are millions of Indian women who later kill themselves in shame. Most South Koreans are pro China and Australia is not going to get itself involved. The rest, China can wipe out including your Land of Rapes.

The only people confirmed for gang bang are millions of Indian women who later kill themselves in shame. Most South Koreans are pro China and Australia is not going to get itself involved. The rest, China can wipe out including your Land of Rapes.
So says the slaves of traders , Mongols , local merchants , Tibetans , Koreans , Japanese , west LOL Are u ok ?

China can wipe out India lol my as@ ... Stop smoking weed kid .

Both the Philippines and Indonesia will become the industrial / manufacturing arms of ASEAN. Indonesia already has surpassed Thailand in terms of industrial output, and the Philippines is set to surpass Thailand and Malaysia.

Malaysia is limited due to its population and restrictive policies, Thailand is political unstable --- is under a military government and likelihood of democratic reorientation is close to nill due to Thai proclivity for military intervention. The two largest democracies and industrial potential in ASEAN are: 1) Indonesia and 2) The Philippines.
Looks like some brainwashed piece of Chernobyl nuclear waste . Ignore him

Back
Top Bottom