What's new

A Mughal goes to Pakistan to renew blood ties

I think its you who needs a history lesson and maybe develop a bettwer perspective on it as well. The Mughals as with other dynasties that ruled India were a product of their times. It would be wrong to judge them by contemporary parameters.

And dont rant on without backing your arguments. Why dont you list out the things you find evil about the Mughals and we can have a discussion?

Why the **** shall i waste my time on writing what they or what they not...I have lived enough in India to know what happened during mughal era, ofcourse in our text book sit is not shown due to our secularism, but kiddo being a reeader i have used library very well, you tell me what good things have they done during their rule.

the reason Mughal descendants live in poverty is because by the time the British arrived they had already lost everything they had to the sikhs in north and marathas in south and to independent sultans both in east and also south.. whatever little they had left was totally lost after war of independence when british totally finished whatever little Mughals had left... other kings are better off because even after loosing their territory they still had some power until time of partition.. and after partition they still got to keep some of their property.. mughals simply were already on the street by the time british came so they have nothing... Delhi which was supposedly only city left under mughals by the time british came was also actually being run by the Sikhs not mughals... they were kings in name only.. all taxes from delhi were actually being collected and going to Punjab under Maharaja Ranjit Singh..

Bro i agree with most of what your saying but you got many facts wrong. The Brits/Europeans arrived in the 1600s, the peak of Mughal rule was ca. 1700. However succession of weak rulers after Aurangzaib meant Mughal power went into decline (problem with monarchial system) . You mentioned correctly that other powers arose such as Sikhs, Awadh etc but nevertheless the Sultan in Delhi was still viewed upon as the Shehnshah. That is why in 1857 the rebels were after Bahadur Shah's support. His support would legitimize their cause eventhough he had virtually no power.

No buddy is getting you wrong friend ... its easy to understand about the behavior when we talk about the rulers of the past of India ... 800 years of Muslim rule ... not an easy pill to swallow ...

When we talk about the rulers of the past, yes buddy there were countless who ruled us, but no one holds any personel grudge against anyone except Mughals.

You seem to love thumping your chest, while talking about 800 yrs muslim rule,don't you just love it right? well ofcourse it is not a easy pill to digest, how just bunch of thugs ruled a huge sub continent, But you know what makes me fell good about it, that I am still Hindu and India is still a Hindu nation for you. atleast India is not Iran or Pakistan enither my parents converted their religion like yours.

Thump your chest and just ask your parents why do we speak Urdu or why our national language is Urdu.

07_12_2010_004_015.jpg

Mughals were turly warriors better than our jatts and Rajputs. But later Marathas and Sikhs really fought back.

Mughal caste? I didnt know there was one. Do they classify themselves as a separate caste/community? What are the common surnames amongst them?

Castes in Pakistan is very different from castes in india.

Castes in Pakistan is just family history and what your ancestors were like. There is no superior inferior caste written in stone. In Pakistan castes are Jatt, Gujar, Rajput, Rao, Mughal, Gilani, Syyeds, Qureshis, Sheikhs, Maliks etcc...

Castes in Pakistan are more like Clans or Tribes.

Its very different from the caste system in India (Brahmin, Dalit, etc..)

Welcome, Madam.

I am a Mughal too. My father's name is in Shajra-e-Mughal and I am finding the author of that book so that I can get my name published in it too. . .

Mughals were turly warriors better than our jatts and Rajputs. But later Marathas and Sikhs really fought back.

WOW. . . I never knew that. . THankX. . . feeling brave now. . .lolx

Castes in Pakistan is just family history and what your ancestors were like. There is no superior inferior caste written in stone. In Pakistan castes are Jatt, Gujar, Rajput, Rao, Mughal, Gilani, Syyeds, Qureshis, Sheikhs, Maliks etcc...

Spot on, tired of Indians telling us, "well you have a caste system as well". Our zaat as we call it is a clan system. From what i can see it exists in India as well side by side with the caste system since you have Jatts, Rajputs etc. But the Brahmin, Dalit caste system does not exist in Pakistan.

various surnames... But it is a commonly found caste.

They are basically Punjabi speaking - but I've often caught them using "Hum" in their urdu instead of "main". There are a few inherited old huge houses in their families with the big doors, and the woodwork that gives you a very old Lahore look. Rooms are like ridiculously huge in height with those chaburjees. These things formed some sort of natural air conditioning.

Of course there's no monarch status, they are just some very regular middle class people.

Nothing to Demean, but the labor class in Punjab(Indian) from Bihar also uses same "Hum" instead of "main":lol:....So are they also from Mughals.

Your Mughal caste classification was weak...No surnames Just "HUM" heheh

When we talk about the rulers of the past, yes buddy there were countless who ruled us, but no one holds any personel grudge against anyone except Mughals.

You seem to love thumping your chest, while talking about 800 yrs muslim rule,don't you just love it right? well ofcourse it is not a easy pill to digest, how just bunch of thugs ruled a huge sub continent, But you know what makes me fell good about it, that I am still Hindu and India is still a Hindu nation for you. atleast India is not Iran or Pakistan enither my parents converted their religion like yours.

Thump your chest and just ask your parents why do we speak Urdu or why our national language is Urdu.

Why dont you go back to your RSS shakha?

The above bolded castes are in in India Too..So not much difference.

Would be interesting to know "MUGHAL" caste..Their surnames and all that kind of stuff.

Nothing to Demean, but the labor class in Punjab(Indian) from Bihar also uses same "Hum" instead of "main":lol:....So are they also from Mughals.

Your Mughal caste classification was weak...No surnames Just "HUM" heheh

Though you're right about people from Bihar using 'Hum' often, he was just pointing out a difference in speech. If you check other posts, common surnames were mentioned by other folks.

Spot on, tired of Indians telling us, "well you have a caste system as well". Our zaat as we call it is a clan system. From what i can see it exists in India as well side by side with the caste system since you have Jatts, Rajputs etc. But the Brahmin, .

You are right about Caste and Clan system residing in parallel in India. The reason is probably because many tribes/groups of people arrived very late into the sub-continent and they weren't allocated a Varna/caste into the system. Or they simply refused to be assimilated into the present structure. Jatts/Gujjars are one example.

The second point I wanted to make is that, at present Caste system exists as a Clan system in most areas. It has lost its rigidity and the superiority associated with higher castes. So a Baniya is no longer considered lower than a Brahmin. He might be lower according to the Vedas but economic data will hardly suggest that. So the caste system has acquired more of a clan/community form in most areas. As more and more communities are getting urbanized economic and social boundaries are disappearing.

But again you do have many rural/backward areas where caste distinctions are followed very rigidly and despicable incidents happen. And I hope we get rid of this evil soon.

Back
Top Bottom