What's new

A Look At Iran’s Fake American Food Franchises

Fair enough. I have somewhat an interest in cuisine too and enjoy eating well and also cooking myself. Don't find that a women thing at all. It is good if a man can make decent food by himself or to/for others in my opinion.
Nah, most of the professional Chef's are men. I think that says something - the best cooks are men.

Yeah, like Arabs are present in all countries of the globe and many others. I was just referring to the extent. For example you will not find Indian influences or exposure to Indian cuisine in many places in the Arab world outside the GCC where Indian/Pakistani/South Asian cuisine in general is well-known and popular and which also has influenced the local cuisine due to a trading relation that dates back to 5000 years (Arabian Peninsula).
Yes, the largest Indian diaspora in the Arab world (BY FAR) is found in the GCC. KSA has 2.5 million Indians.
And then there is an very old Indian community in Yemen of no more than 100.000 as I mentioned. I can't say if there are many Indians in Jordan. I doubt it personally.
Interesting.
I did read a report a couple of years back issued by the Indian Govt that there are only under 10 countries in the globe where Indians are not present!
I think its a strategy to conquer the world. Breed and send abroad! lol

The Pakistani's never like to say it but what they cook is largely Indian cuisine :D.
South Asian cuisine is just another name for Indian cuisine :lol:

Wow, thank you. Coconut milk is also used in Oman and Yemen. Dates seed oil is also very popular on the Arabian Peninsula. Olive oils are only grown in Northern KSA and native to there and the Levant. Levant is more famous of using oil as a base. Much like Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia is.
Do you use rasp oil in India btw?
The most common types of oil used in India are Mustard Oil, Refined Oil, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil. You would be hard pressed to find houses that use something different other than the ones mentioned above.

North India uses Mustard , Sunflower and Refined oils predominantly.
South India uses Coconut, Refined oils predominantly. Infact South Indians use Coconut oil to cook almost everything!

Well then we use A LOT of milk and yoghurt as well. Sheep, goat, cow, camel etc. Cheeses are made from that as well.
Well, that is harder to answer.
Milk and Cheese in India is always from Cows, Goats. Never from Sheep or Camel.
North India uses a lot of milk and yogurt, South India uses very less. There are huge variations in dietary patterns between the different regions of India.
I'll explain the whole North India, South India culinary thing later on.

Also I assume ,without knowing it, that talking about Indian cuisine is also misguided since I am pretty certain that India (as big and diverse country it is) has many different REGIONAL cuisines just like nearly each Arab country of a certain size has regional cuisines let alone the whole Arab cuisine.
Same with Chinese. I mean you have many regional differences there as well.

Personally I would like to taste Kerala cuisine. Not only because that region of India has had ties to the Arab world from 5000 years ago and ties until very recently but also because I believe that the cuisine has the rich mixture of Northern Indian cuisine and Southern.

I have a question if you don't mind me asking.

Are there significant differences between the cuisine of Mumbai, New Delhi, Calcutta and Hyderabad. I mentioned those cities because they are among the biggest and because one is situated in the West, North, East and South.
Well, let me take a stab at explaining India.

Indian cuisine is vastly different from one place to another because India is a subcontinent in itself. Vast distances. India is divided into 28 States. Each State is generally as big as other countries! Each State also has differing cuisines and specialties.

There are 5 basic geographic and cultural differences - North India, South India, East India, West India and North East India

North Indian cuisine - Delhi- is more similar to Middle Eastern/Central Asian cuisine because it was under Muslim rule the longest. Pakistani cuisine is essentially North Indian cuisine.

West Indian Cuisine- Bombay/Gujarat- is basically North Indian food modified to taste slightly differently. So from a culinary perspective, it is irrelevant.

East India - Calcutta(capital of Bengal) - you correctly mention is mostly - lots of fish, vegetables and milk. Bangladeshi Cuisine is mostly East Indian and some North Indian cuisine.

North East India - Arunachal/Nagaland- is passingly similar to Tibetan/Chinese cuisine

South India - uses Coconut oil - is very unique. And very very varied among the different regions of South India.
Kerala is one State in South India as is Tamil Nadu. The foods of the two States vary quite a bit.

And if so is the New Delhi one more similar to Middle Eastern cuisine/Central Asian and likewise the one found in Mumbai while the one found in Hyderabad is a mixture with Southern influences. I know at least that Hyderabad had many Muslims so I imagine that it had Northern Indian influences. While Calcutta is more similar to the Bengali cuisine that uses many vegetables and fish? The last one is just a guess unfortunately I have only tasted Bengali food like 2 times.
I believe most of these points are covered in the paragraph above.

You are right though. Hyderabad was ruled by a Muslim king, but since the numbers of Muslims were quite limited there, they dont really have anything unique, since the majority of the population still ate the local staple diet - which were South Indian variations of Andhra Pradesh. Hyderabad is the capital of Andhra Pradesh.

And I am North Indian so I naturally like North Indian food more, but of the South Indian cuisine, I like food from Kerala the most.

Sorry for the long post.
No issues.

Last edited:
People making fun of Iran fake kfc just lack for sight lol, the money made by the fake kfc stay in Iran while the money made by real kfc in other country goes strait to the US...

The sanction against Iran will make them a stronger, independent country in the future.. Just look at what happen to China arms industry as the result of the western arm embargo against them after 1989... As the saying go necessity is the mother of invention..

We have really ignorant people commenting here. Iranian food is already really popular in America specially in places like California. There are thousands of Iranian restaurants in America. You can find Persian Food in every city in America .Can you say the same thing about Saudi food?

And Iranian companies based in Iran can't open their franchise in the US because of Sanctions. But there are Iranian franchise in other countries around the world.

Last edited:
We have really ignorant people commenting here

Not until you re-read my post carefully.

Iranian food is already really popular in America specially in places in California

1- I never made any reference to the US.

2- I never spoke of food but franchise :laugh:

You can find Persian Food in every city in America

Every city is too much, sound as if you were talking about McDonald's :lol:

Can you say the same thing about Saudi food?

Persian food isn't in every city of the US, so is all the ME food not the Saudi only :omghaha:

And Iranian companies based in Iran can't open their franchise in the US because of Sanctions. But there are Iranian franchise in other countries around the world.

Even if sanctions weren't imposed, Iran is an enemy state to the US!

We have really ignorant people commenting here. Iranian food is already really popular in America specially in places like California. There are thousands of Iranian restaurants in America. You can find Persian Food in every city in America .Can you say the same thing about Saudi food?

You said Iranians havnt promoted their food in western countries . Anyone in the U.S can find a Persian restaurant within 10 mile radius of where they live. Unless they live in rural area away from shops and restaurants.:coffee: What about Saudi food?

Last edited:
is there any Law for copy rights violations in Iran?

Nah, most of the professional Chef's are men. I think that says something - the best cooks are men.

Interesting.
I did read a report a couple of years back issued by the Indian Govt that there are only under 10 countries in the globe where Indians are not present!
I think its a strategy to conquer the world. Breed and send abroad! lol

The Pakistani's never like to say it but what they cook is largely Indian cuisine :D.
South Asian cuisine is just another name for Indian cuisine :lol:

The most common types of oil used in India are Mustard Oil, Refined Oil, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil. You would be hard pressed to find houses that use something different other than the ones mentioned above.

North India uses Mustard , Sunflower and Refined oils predominantly.
South India uses Coconut, Refined oils predominantly. Infact South Indians use Coconut oil to cook almost everything!

Well, that is harder to answer.
Milk and Cheese in India is always from Cows, Goats. Never from Sheep or Camel.
North India uses a lot of milk and yogurt, South India uses very less. There are huge variations in dietary patterns between the different regions of India.
I'll explain the whole North India, South India culinary thing later on.

Well, let me take a stab at explaining India.

Indian cuisine is vastly different from one place to another because India is a subcontinent in itself. Vast distances. India is divided into 28 States. Each State is generally as big as other countries! Each State also has differing cuisines and specialties.

There are 5 basic geographic and cultural differences - North India, South India, East India, West India and North East India

North Indian cuisine - Delhi- is more similar to Middle Eastern/Central Asian cuisine because it was under Muslim rule the longest. Pakistani cuisine is essentially North Indian cuisine.

West Indian Cuisine- Bombay/Gujarat- is basically North Indian food modified to taste slightly differently. So from a culinary perspective, it is irrelevant.

East India - Calcutta(capital of Bengal) - you correctly mention is mostly - lots of fish, vegetables and milk. Bangladeshi Cuisine is mostly East Indian and some North Indian cuisine.

North East India - Arunachal/Nagaland- is passingly similar to Tibetan/Chinese cuisine

South India - uses Coconut oil - is very unique. And very very varied among the different regions of South India.
Kerala is one State in South India as is Tamil Nadu. The foods of the two States vary quite a bit.

I believe most of these points are covered in the paragraph above.

You are right though. Hyderabad was ruled by a Muslim king, but since the numbers of Muslims were quite limited there, they dont really have anything unique, since the majority of the population still ate the local staple diet - which were South Indian variations of Andhra Pradesh. Hyderabad is the capital of Andhra Pradesh.

And I am North Indian so I naturally like North Indian food more, but of the South Indian cuisine, I like food from Kerala the most.

No issues.

Well, looking in that way then you are right abut the professional chef's. I was more referring to mothers, grandmothers, sisters etc. food made at home.:D

That might sound very realistic given that Indians number close to 1.3 BILLION people. That's nearly 3 times as many as we Arabs and people are complaining that there are too many of us and that we are growing in numbers.:o:

I don't know about whether South Asian cuisine equals Indian but I know that I don't want to offend my Pakistani and Bangladeshi friends here so I just use South Asian.

Let me also quickly add that refined oil and sunflower oil is also common in the Arab world. At least on the Peninsula and wider Arab Middle East (Mashriq = Arabic for East which includes the entire Arabian Peninsula, Levant, Iraq and Egypt/Northern Sudan).

Yes, I remember reading about South Indians using coconut oil as a base for almost all dishes. I personally love some of the Omani and Yemeni rice dishes that use coconot oil and OBVIOUSLY coconut milk.

Overall what you tell me about Indian cuisine is what I suspected and partially wrote.

If you don't mine you are very welcome to tell more about the cuisine of Kerala. Maybe in another thread?
Oh, and if you want to try about Arab cuisine then visiting one of the 22 Arab countries or just a Western country should be enough. There are Arab restaurants in abundance there.

Last edited:
is there any Law for copy rights violations in Iran?
No.

Just for fun: we sure are the champions with illegal copies (but having no choice): MS Windows, movies and so...
in Tehran there are many places you can buy the last movies for cheap .
Poor Iranian Americans they have to pay for all this :D ;)

No.

Just for fun: we sure are the champions with illegal copies (but having no choice): MS Windows, movies and so...
in Tehran there are many places you can buy the last movies for cheap .
Poor Iranian Americans they have to pay for all this :D ;)
same in Pakistan.. copy stuff rocks lol jsut kidding

It's seems a nice talk is going on here, but too bad I have to sleep I hadn't slept this early for too long before coming to Saudi Arabia

crying-modern-family.gif

@Yzd Khalifa screw you

You said Iranians havnt promoted their food in western countries

For the second time I ask, please re-read my initial post - which already has been deleted by Mods for no obvious reasons. Anyway, I state that Iranians hadn't promoted their food in FRANCHISES not by an attempt by a man and his wife.

Anyone in the U.S can find a Persian restaurant within 10 mile radius of where they live

Babe, The US is probably bigger than you think, claiming that Iranian restaurants are found in every city is hilarious, unless you wanted to sound like your former president :lol:

Unless they live in rural area away from shops and restaurants

Funny, just for the record, many of these " rural " & country areas are flooded by American junk food chains :lol:

What about Saudi food?

I never claimed that Saudi food is everywhere :lol: but if you wish to visit any, there are many across the State in NY, NJ, DC, WA, TX, and IL. Aside, many Arabic restaurants offer Saudi food, but not everywhere like the Persian ones :laugh:

You said Iranians havnt promoted their food in western countries . Anyone in the U.S can find a Persian restaurant within 10 mile radius of where they live. Unless they live in rural area away from shops and restaurants.:coffee: What about Saudi food?

Back
Top Bottom