What's new

A Look At Iran’s Fake American Food Franchises

Many European Mediterranean cuisines such as the Spanish and Portuguese one for example also have many Arab/Moorish influences besides using many of the same ingredients and also bordering the Mediterranean Sea as many Arab countries do.
exactly that's why here they say very much "Mediterranean cuisine"

Lebanon is suffering for many things: Hezbollah, corruption , real army badly considered
But Lebanon is suffering from the other countries policies too from all the region
as say the Frenchies "un vrai panier de crabes" ;) malheureusement au lieu de se respecter et de nous renforcer , on est en train de se détruire . tiens prends mon pays: au lieu de soutenir la démocratie , de soutenir une majorité pro grosses réformes , soutenir le mouvement social vert aparti, certains appuient des groupes terroristes ou menacent comme si les menaces allaient aider ... l'énorme écart entre des propagandistes du web et une population loin d'être des fans du système mafieux actuel... qui fait fuir la majorité des bons étudiants

de toute façon on s'est énormément éloignés tous du véritable Islam et de croire en la justice et la bonté de notre prophète et de Dieu. pas de quoi croire beaucoup en l'avenir. la Syrie n'est qu'un exemple du choix horrible entre un pourri d'un autre temps et des groupes comme l'ISIS sectaires et arriérés

LOL. Iranians are really confused. On fridays after prayers they chant 'Death to America' and then when its over, they go and eat in one of the copied restaurant. What a bunch of hypocrites.

LOL. Iranians are really confused. On fridays after prayers they chant 'Death to America' and then when its over, they go and eat in one of the copied restaurant. What a bunch of hypocrites.
use your brain . they are not the same Iranians. thx.
and the guys who burn US flag and say "death to america" is a special group in Iran. A very tiny minority but powerful one. for exemple Khatami (not the president) few week ago in Friday prayer : do you know how many people follow him? why you think a lot a lot of people followed Montazeri? (considering that most Iranians don't follow anyone now)
so think...

use your brain . they are not the same Iranians. thx.
and the guys who burn US flag and say "death to america" is a special group in Iran. A very tiny minority but powerful one. for exemple Khatami (not the president) few week ago in Friday prayer : do you know how many people follow him? why you think a lot a lot of people followed Montazeri? (considering that most Iranians don't follow anyone now)
so think...

A special group. It looks more like a huge crowd of Iranians. Isnt Iran still run by mullahs? Funny that you guys are now ready to accept US as your masters after US have been calling you guys axis of evil. They have placed sanctions against you and have killed hundreds of your nuclear scientists inside Iran. Is acting against the interest of your country by providing Israel with weapons of Mass Destruction while restricting you guys to get them.

And still you guys are dying to be servants of the Americans.

Good on you guys. Pride. What pride? 
^^ weak BS.

too weak to even reply to, just delete your post.

Why havent you had a mash donald yet? If not go and get some and then reply.
Or just too embarrassed to do. LOL.

Food is a topic that interests me. I wanted to try authentic Arabic food!

Well yeah. Indians are practically present in almost every country in the globe and wherever there is a substantial number of Indians/Pakistani/Bangladeshi's, Indian food is available.

And there are a substantial number of Indians working in UAE as well as KSA. I am not aware of whether or not they are present in some numbers in the other Arab countries like Yemen, Jordan, etc.

Nope.
Indian cuisine does not use olive oil at all. Olives not being native to India. And very less butter as well.
Most Indian cuisine is made in Mustard oil/Refined oil or if its South Indian then coconut oil.

Indian food is not fast food. Chinese can be made into fast food.
I did not mean falafal,shawarma though. I meant fine dining restaurants. Are there some Arabic fine dining chains? If there are any present in India, I would like to try!

Well yeah. Food is always adjusted to the country.
The Shawarmas you get in India are nothing like the ones I have seen in Gulf countries. Same for Chinese food. Its 'Indianized' to suit the Indian palate.
Same for Indian food. Its taste is changed to suit the local palate in other countries.

Fair enough. I have somewhat an interest in cuisine too and enjoy eating well and also cooking myself. Don't find that a women thing at all. It is good if a man can make decent food by himself or to/for others in my opinion.

Yeah, like Arabs are present in all countries of the globe and many others. I was just referring to the extent. For example you will not find Indian influences or exposure to Indian cuisine in many places in the Arab world outside the GCC where Indian/Pakistani/South Asian cuisine in general is well-known and popular and which also has influenced the local cuisine due to a trading relation that dates back to 5000 years (Arabian Peninsula).
Yes, the largest Indian diaspora in the Arab world (BY FAR) is found in the GCC. KSA has 2.5 million Indians.

I am not sure how accurate this link below is (it is Wikipedia after all where everyone can edit and where people can use different sources to further their agenda) but as you can see there then the only Indians who live in the Arab world mostly live in the GCC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-resident_Indian_and_person_of_Indian_origin

And then there is an very old Indian community in Yemen of no more than 100.000 as I mentioned. I can't say if there are many Indians in Jordan. I doubt it personally.

Wow, thank you. Coconut milk is also used in Oman and Yemen. Dates seed oil is also very popular on the Arabian Peninsula. Olive oils are only grown in Northern KSA and native to there and the Levant. Levant is more famous of using oil as a base. Much like Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia is.
Do you use rasp oil in India btw?

Well then we use A LOT of milk and yoghurt as well. Sheep, goat, cow, camel etc. Cheeses are made from that as well.

Unfotuantely I am unable to answer that question about any fine dining Arab restaurants in India. Firstly "fine dining" can mean a lot of things and secondly I am yet to visit India. There are a lot of authentic Arab restaurants in KSA and Yemen but they are owned by private people. Sometimes inherited positions - I mean father's business or grandfathers and by that they have made a name for themselves.

In the small GCC states such as Kuwait, Bahrain, UAE, Qatar where you have people from all over the place (non-Arabs are the majority in Qatar and UAE) then the South Asians dominate the restaurant market and they have many excellent restaurants that are fragmented by all layers of society.

Exactly. Here in Europe people in general don't like spices (basically all Northern, Eastern, Central and Western (UK) cuisine is famous for being not very diverse and using the same ingredients. Those being potatoes, pork, butter, salt, pepper, cabbage and such things.

The Mediterranean on the contrary uses vinegar, olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, oregano etc. as their basis for almost all dishes. But once again not many spices and nothing compared to the Indian kitchen.

Also I assume ,without knowing it, that talking about Indian cuisine is also misguided since I am pretty certain that India (as big and diverse country it is) has many different REGIONAL cuisines just like nearly each Arab country of a certain size has regional cuisines let alone the whole Arab cuisine.
Same with Chinese. I mean you have many regional differences there as well.

Personally I would like to taste Kerala cuisine. Not only because that region of India has had ties to the Arab world from 5000 years ago and ties until very recently but also because I believe that the cuisine has the rich mixture of Northern Indian cuisine and Southern.

I have a question if you don't mind me asking.

Are there significant differences between the cuisine of Mumbai, New Delhi, Calcutta and Hyderabad. I mentioned those cities because they are among the biggest and because one is situated in the West, North, East and South.

And if so is the New Delhi one more similar to Middle Eastern cuisine/Central Asian and likewise the one found in Mumbai while the one found in Hyderabad is a mixture with Southern influences. I know at least that Hyderabad had many Muslims so I imagine that it had Northern Indian influences. While Calcutta is more similar to the Bengali cuisine that uses many vegetables and fish? The last one is just a guess unfortunately I have only tasted Bengali food like 2 times.

Sorry for the long post.

exactly that's why here they say very much "Mediterranean cuisine"

Lebanon is suffering for many things: Hezbollah, corruption , real army badly considered
But Lebanon is suffering from the other countries policies too from all the region
as say the Frenchies "un vrai panier de crabes" ;) malheureusement au lieu de se respecter et de nous renforcer , on est en train de se détruire . tiens prends mon pays: au lieu de soutenir la démocratie , de soutenir une majorité pro grosses réformes , soutenir le mouvement social vert aparti, certains appuient des groupes terroristes ou menacent comme si les menaces allaient aider ... l'énorme écart entre des propagandistes du web et une population loin d'être des fans du système mafieux actuel... qui fait fuir la majorité des bons étudiants

de toute façon on s'est énormément éloignés tous du véritable Islam et de croire en la justice et la bonté de notre prophète et de Dieu. pas de quoi croire beaucoup en l'avenir. la Syrie n'est qu'un exemple du choix horrible entre un pourri d'un autre temps et des groupes comme l'ISIS sectaires et arriérés

Indeed. But Lebanese cuisine is more close to Levantine and the wider Arab cuisine for obvious reason than an unified Mediterranean cuisine. And what ties the Mediterranean region is the use of olive oil. For example there is a great difference between Spanish and Lebanese cuisine despite both having a coastline to the Mediterranean. For example most of the dishes native to Lebanon can be found in most Arab countries under different names and slightly different dishes. For example like Spanish jamón (famous Spanish ham) and Italian prosciutto. Different names, different dishes and countries but more or less the same.

The French you wrote then I agree but I believe that we have talked about what should change in the region so instead of repeating myself then I will just agree.;)

Last edited:
A special group. It looks more like a huge crowd of Iranians
only stupid people believe their ignorance is knowledge

most Iranians have nothing against USA. and that's our business. not yours.

I don't see anything wrong with this, why should Iran give money to American companies ? Remember under sanctions Iranian companies can't do business in America, so Iranians shouldn't help American companies either.

The only problem I have with these stores is that they are copy cats, why not develop Iran's own brand? I like for Iran to start developing it's own fast food stores something like MacDonald's.:-) 
A special group. It looks more like a huge crowd of Iranians. Isnt Iran still run by mullahs? Funny that you guys are now ready to accept US as your masters after US have been calling you guys axis of evil. They have placed sanctions against you and have killed hundreds of your nuclear scientists inside Iran. Is acting against the interest of your country by providing Israel with weapons of Mass Destruction while restricting you guys to get them.

And still you guys are dying to be servants of the Americans.

Good on you guys. Pride. What pride? 

Why havent you had a mash donald yet? If not go and get some and then reply.
Or just too embarrassed to do. LOL.

No one in Iran wants to be servants to the U.S.A. government. Iranian people are not stupid or easily fooled. Having normal relationship with the USA like the rest of the world would further Iranian interests in the region and the world. That's what Iranians want. Look at China and Russia they have normal relationship with the America and everyday they are getting more powerful.

and the people protesting make up less than 10% of the total population in Iran, maybe this year the crowds were bigger because people are genuinely not happy with U.S.A polices regarding the sanctions placed on Iran's economy.

Last edited:
I don't see anything wrong with this, why should Iran give money to American companies ? Remember under sanctions Iranian companies can't do business in America, so Iranians shouldn't help American companies either.

The only problem I have with these stores is that they are copy cats, why not develop Iran's own brand? I like for Iran to start developing it's own fast food stores something like MacDonald's.:-) 

No one in Iran is dying to be servants to the U.S.A. government. Iranian people are not stupid or easily fooled. Having normal relationship with the USA like the rest of the world would further Iranian interests in the region and the world. That's what Iranians want.

So when we out to Mash Donald's babay? :sarcastic:

None in nyc. :(

We have white castle though. 8-) You going to take me to mash donalds though right? :undecided:

My god you don't have Jack in the Box in New York?.....

BTW, I love white castle reminds me of Harold n Kumar movie...:lol:

Back
Top Bottom