What's new

A fighter is shotdown near the border

we have some to learn from the Israelis in this matter,

Israel owns a superpower to back them everytime mate, and we don't.

Update; It's said that there were two syrian fighters, after warnings one of them left the airspace and escaped and the other one kept closing and that's the one we shot down.

Source? Proof of that?
It is not being covered by opposition media, because it's a big deal since there were Al-Nusra elements among them.

All the Syrian sources are reporting it and also, Syria's representative in UN has officially protested it:

Syria’s Permanent Representative to the UN Dr. Bashar al-Jaafari on Friday sent two identical letters to the UN Secretary-General and the head of the Security Council.

In the letters, al-Jaafari said “following up on our letters directed to you on terrorist activities carried out by terrorist groups and entities linked to Al Qaeda in the Syrian Arab Republic and the direct involvement of the Turkish government in supporting said activities, and based on instructions from the Syrian government, I would like to bring to your attention the following:

“As part of the constant efforts exerted by the regimes of some states in the region and outside to foil the political solution for the crisis in Syria and insisting on employing the option of violence and terrorism, armed terrorist groups – most of their members affiliated with the terrorist organizations Jabhat al-Nusra and al-Islam Army – snuck across Turkish territories on Friday and attacked the Syrian side of the border crossing on the Syrian-Turkish borders in the area of Kasab in Lattakia’s northern countryside, and when Syrian Arab Army units repelled this attack, the Turkish army covered this terrorist attack and provided logistic and military support for it.”

It's the first time they are protesting a raid from inside Turkish soil towards Syria and it makes sense too, because that area is isolated from all side by Turkish border and only open route is towards Syria is south.

Also SOHR, an opposition source is admitting that most of the injured rebels are being taken to Turkey for treatment.

SOHR confirmed the death of 20 fighters from Islamic battalions and Jabhat Al-Nusra, while more than 30 were injured, by the clashes against the regime forces around Kherbah Solas Observatory, in the battle of " the martyrs mothers ", many of the wounded fighters from Islamic battalions are being carried into the Turkish lands.

Just look at the map of Kesab here:

1926016_661537340550613_1447775204_o3.jpg

Google Maps

Syria’s Lattakia- Quick summary on attacks from Turkey

Kesab is surrounded from all sides by Turkish border and Latakia province is one of the best protected areas by SAA. How could thousands of rebels suddenly get in to Kesab over night? If you look at the map and see it from an unbiased military point of view, the only way to attack there is Turkish soil.

Last edited:
Israel owns a superpower to back them everytime mate, and we don't.

Update; It's said that there were two syrian fighters, after warnings one of them left the airspace and escaped and the other one kept closing and that's the one we shot down.
It's not the matter of having a superpower covering your back. It's the matter of taking every breach very serious. Some days ago Israeli soldiers were injured by fire from Syrian soil, if I remember right, and Israeli jets pounded four army posts. They did what a honorable army should do. The Turkish armed forces are capable of pounding anything in ME, backed by a superpower or not. People pay taxes, and the budget of TSK should reflect their determination to respond appropriately. Yet I understand your concerns, mate.

@Serpentine

Turkey has also fired guns in response to deadly shells that hit Turkish frontier towns and villages as Syrian government forces fought rebels along the border area in the past. Three mortars fell near Yayladagi today, the state-run Anatolia news agency said.

Erdogan Says Turkey F-16s Shot Down Syrian Warplane Near Border - Bloomberg

Yayladağı ilçesinin Suriye sınırına yakın bölgelerindeki kırsal alana bir roket mermisi ve bir havan mermisi düştü.

Suriye sınırında alarm! Köy boşaltılıyor - GÜNCEL Haberleri

Kesab is surrounded from all sides by Turkish border and Latakia province is one of the best protected areas by SAA. How could thousands of rebels suddenly get in to Kesab over night? If you look at the map and see it from an unbiased military point of view, the only way to attack there is Turkish soil.

Come with evidences not assumptions. You said "rebels launched a surprise offensive from INSIDE Turkish soil against a border town in Latakia", prove it with footages, satellite images, witnesses, intelligence reports or keep your assumptions for yourself since nobody cares, and your pro-iran sources. I looked at map, even I "with my very limited knowledge" could operate an offensive, between two side of Turkish soil there is a 8 km mountainous terrain and I assume these guys know this area very well and the pathways also.

Come with evidences not assumptions. You said "rebels launched a surprise offensive from INSIDE Turkish soil against a border town in Latakia", prove it with footages, satellite images, witnesses, intelligence reports or keep your assumptions for yourself since nobody cares, and your pro-iran sources. I looked at map, even I "with my very limited knowledge" could operate an offensive, between two side of Turkish soil there is a 8 km mountainous terrain and I assume these guys know this area very well and the pathways also.

Let me argue in your own way, can you prove that the Syrian plane entered Turkish air space and they didn't shoot it down intentionally in Syrian air space? Prove it with footage, satellite images, witnesses and credible reports.

See? That's how naive your response looked like and there is always a way to argue in same way.

Let me argue in your own way, can you prove that the Syrian plane entered Turkish air space and they didn't shoot it down intentionally in Syrian air space? Prove it with footage, satellite images, witnesses and credible reports.

See? That's how naive your response looked like and there is always a way to argue in same way.

This happened just now, when TSK release radar footage I won't hesitate to mention you.. Then you can read my post above again as response

What would you like to hear from Turkish members here?

@Serpentine

Turkey has also fired guns in response to deadly shells that hit Turkish frontier towns and villages as Syrian government forces fought rebels along the border area in the past. Three mortars fell near Yayladagi today, the state-run Anatolia news agency said.

Erdogan Says Turkey F-16s Shot Down Syrian Warplane Near Border - Bloomberg

Yayladağı ilçesinin Suriye sınırına yakın bölgelerindeki kırsal alana bir roket mermisi ve bir havan mermisi düştü.

Suriye sınırında alarm! Köy boşaltılıyor - GÜNCEL Haberleri
Some T-155's and some T-122 Sakarya batteries should be let loose and respond. No more artillery dropping on our soil, and for that you need a leader with balls of steel, oh what I miss Ataturk..

It'l be proved for sure. Every time a similar incident occurs. Turkey always share it's radar footage with 3rd parties.

Similar, when we shoot down Syrian Mi-17 a few months ago.

After a couple of days, TAF shared radar footage.

160920131953306939832_3.jpg

I6l4erd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom