What's new

A fighter is shotdown near the border

It seems it's a helicopter... Also i read Our pilots made 2 shots... If it's true that means they wanted to make clear their pilot(s) are dead this time...

"Bir gazetecinin, "Düşürülenin insansız hava aracı olduğu söyleniyor" şeklindeki sözü üzerine Bakan Yılmaz, "İnsansız hava aracı diyen de var, uçak diyen de oldu ancak şu anda bizzat bana iletilen bilgi helikopter olduğu şeklindedir. Ben kahraman pilotlarımızı gözlerinden öpüyorum ve hepsini tebrik ediyorum" dedi."

It seems it's a helicopter... Also i read Our pilots made 2 shots... If it's true that means they wanted to make clear their pilot(s) are dead this time...

"Bir gazetecinin, "Düşürülenin insansız hava aracı olduğu söyleniyor" şeklindeki sözü üzerine Bakan Yılmaz, "İnsansız hava aracı diyen de var, uçak diyen de oldu ancak şu anda bizzat bana iletilen bilgi helikopter olduğu şeklindedir. Ben kahraman pilotlarımızı gözlerinden öpüyorum ve hepsini tebrik ediyorum" dedi."

Good to react to violations of airspace. But jeez, gozlerini opuyorum for using a hypermodern F-16 against an old MI-helicopter? That's not really kahramanlik. But hell, Turkish pilots still get more action than 99% of NATO pilots, especially the migs that were shot down during the last couple of years. US bombing ground targets isn't really 'action'. Stay safe boys.

Good to react to violations of airspace. But jeez, gozlerini opuyorum for using a hypermodern F-16 against an old MI-helicopter? That's not really kahramanlik. But hell, Turkish pilots still get more action than 99% of NATO pilots, especially the migs that were shot down during the last couple of years. US bombing ground targets isn't really 'action'. Stay safe boys.

When someone violate your border you have to act quikly, you are not talking about what your target is:-).

When someone violate your border you have to act quikly, you are not talking about what your target is:-).

True. It's good training too I think. 'Arresting' violators every now and then. Looking back at my post it sounds a bit too critical. I just got hung up on all the praise the pilots got vs shooting down an easy target. My oops. Good work anyway.

PS: Are the navigation systems that bad in Syrian choppers and airplanes? 'Accidentally violating TR airspace so often? Must be horrible to be stuck in an old chopper going the wrong way with F-16s hunting your a$$.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom