What's new

A fighter is shotdown near the border

Erdogan's statement

"Eğer sen benim hava sahamı ihlal edecek olursan bundan sonra bizim tokadımız ağır olur. Onun için ben başta Genelkurmay Başkanım olmak üzere Silahlı kuvvetlerimizi o şerefli pilotlarımızı hava kuvvetlerimizi tebrik ediyorum"

simple English translation:

"If you are gonna trespass our airspace, we will give you a heavy slap. I'm congratulating our Airforce".

Erdoğan'dan uçak açıklaması - Milliyet Haber

That's not Erdogan's fault that syria tests us often recently, we announced that we changed the rules of angagement against syrians, so tell me would iran let yankee fighters pass the iranian border?

Yesterday, rebels launched a surprise offensive from INSIDE Turkish soil against a border town in Latakia, please tell me, doesn't that give Syrian air force a right to target them inside Turkish soil? That obviously means declaring war by Turkish side, but Syria is not in a situation to to enter a war with a foreign country. Erdogan is trying to start a war with Syria, apparently to divert some attentions. He is playing with security of Turkish citizens too for his own agenda.

It seems Erdogan is trying too hard to start a war. it won't have a good ending.
There are now unconfirmed reports of exchange of mortars between SAA and Turkish army.
Erdogan in my opinion is not starting a war, but asshead should have known better that he can maybe shell lebanese towns but Turkey already let one slide when their jet was shot down.

Yesterday, rebels launched a surprise offensive from INSIDE Turkish soil against a border town in Latakia, please tell me, doesn't that give Syrian air force a right to target them inside Turkish soil? That obviously means declaring war, but Syria is not in a situation to to enter a war with a foreign country. Erdogan is trying to start a war to Syria, apparently to divert some attentions. He is playing with security of Turkish citizens too for his own agenda.

Source? Proof of that?

Yesterday, rebels launched a surprise offensive from INSIDE Turkish soil against a border town in Latakia, please tell me, doesn't that give Syrian air force a right to target them inside Turkish soil? That obviously means declaring war by Turkish side, but Syria is not in a situation to to enter a war with a foreign country. Erdogan is trying to start a war with Syria, apparently to divert some attentions. He is playing with security of Turkish citizens too for his own agenda.
Are there any confirmed reports on this incident other then the armenian ones u posted yesterday.

Source? Proof of that?
They were going by some armenian sites claiming the incident, and also facebook pages.

No need for anyone to whine. The rules of engagement changed when these two brave man were shot down.

IMG20127691639472188.jpg

May their souls r.i.p

Was it in the turkish side of the border ? Heard that it was shot inside Syria.

Was it in the turkish side of the border ? Heard that it was shot inside Syria.

I dont think our guys will make mistake after all these airspace discussions from the first incident. Either it was in our airspace or warned while it was getting closer to the border and kept closing without responding even after warnings and we considered it as a threat... consequences of new engagement rules against syria.

What an amazing start to this day.. Praise the glorious sons of TÜRKİYE. A move that should have been done long time ago, we have some to learn from the Israelis in this matter, any bullet should be replied with artillery, any breach of airspace should be greeted by our birds. Wonderful present to the oppressed free Syrian people, and a firm message to some of our neighbors :)

(Reuters) - Turkey's armed forces shot down a Syrian plane on Sunday after it crossed into Turkish air space in a border region where Syrian rebels have been battling President Bashar al-Assad's forces.

"A Syrian plane violated our airspace," Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan told an election rally of his supporters in northwest Turkey.

"Our F-16s took off and hit this plane. Why? Because if you violate my airspace, our slap after this will be hard,"

The rebels have been fighting for control of the Kasab crossing, the border region, since Friday, when they launched an offensive which Syrian authorities say was backed by Turkey's military.

Syria said Turkish air defenses shot down the jet while it was attacking rebel forces inside Syrian territory, calling the move a "blatant aggression".

State television quoted a military source as saying the pilot managed to eject from the plane. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights monitoring group said initial reports from the area said the plane came down on the Syrian side of the border.

Al Manar, the television station of Assad's Lebanese ally Hezbollah, said two rockets had been fired from Turkish territory at the Syrian jet. (Reporting by Daren Butler in Istanbul and Dominic Evans in Beirut; Editing by Jeremy Gaunt)

Turkey shoots down Syrian plane, saying it violated air space| Reuters

(DAMASCUS, Syria) — A Syrian military spokesman says Turkey’s armed forces have shot down a Syrian warplane near the countries’ border, and called the act a “blatant aggression.”

The unnamed spokesman was quoted by Syrian state TV as saying the plane was downed Sunday in Syrian airspace as it was attacking rebels who have been on the offensive in the coastal province of Latakia. The spokesman said the pilot ejected from the aircraft.

Turkey is among the main backers of Syrian opposition fighters trying to remove President Bashar Assad from power.

The downing of the plane came as Syrian government troops were trying try regain a border crossing point with Turkey near the town of Kassab that rebels captured Friday.

Syria Says Turkey Shoots Down Syrian Warplane - TIME

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom