What's new

A delegation of the Pakistan Air Force is on a working visit to Azerbaijan

I don't know what makes you say that because of lack of substance and details in support of your post but that's not the case at all, IF, if there has to be some foreign deliveries in future.

Before those orders, everyone may remember that Block-III hasn't flown yet so I don't see any buyer wants urgent deliveries before the order of PAF itself. Such deals are done in best possible in manners of circumstances, options, possibilities and resources.

What I am saying is that Kamra is only making around 18 planes a year. If Azeris buy JF-17 will need to come from Chinese line or we will need to double our output.

But we already have single engine Gen 4 fighters in JF17s and F16s. what we should go for are either the dual engine J11BG or J16s and Stealth J30s or J20s. You can't go in a cricket match with just allrounders, you need fast bowlers and batsmen as well. similarly you need dual engine air superiority and stealth fighters in your fleet.

Just watch and see what PAF does. and to clear things up this is to fill a gap which is much needed. PAF is working on Thunder blk3 and Project AZAM everything else is just fan boy fairytales and BS simply.

Just watch and see what PAF does. and to clear things up this is to fill a gap which is much needed. PAF is working on Thunder blk3 and Project AZAM everything else is just fan boy fairytales and BS simply.

I would appreciate abit more details if you have any. Project Azm is still in its infancy and there isn't much details either, so i wouldn't be holding my breath for it.

I hope that is easy as you make it out to be
I would appreciate abit more details if you have any. Project Azm is still in its infancy and there isn't much details either, so i wouldn't be holding my breath for it.

Turkey’s defense industry is much advanced than us and it will take them 8 to 10 years to complete their 5th generation fighter. We don’t have the required infrastructure to build 5th Generation fighter. AZM is 10 to 15 years away.

Turkey’s defense industry is much advanced than us and it will take them 8 to 10 years to complete their 5th generation fighter. We don’t have the required infrastructure to build 5th Generation fighter. AZM is 10 to 15 years away.

agreed, unless we do a joint venture, i presume it might be even longer, thats why i reckon we should go for J31 for stealth and J16 for air superiority

agreed, unless we do a joint venture, i presume it might be even longer, thats why i reckon we should go for J31 for stealth and J16 for air superiority

i am surprised that PAF haven’t really thought about air superiority. I think they are still hopeful about F-16 block 70. Let’s see what Biden has to offer.... 36 surplus and 36 F-16 block 70 would be nice. If Pakistan does go for Chinese solution, it would most likely be J-10C.

i am surprised that PAF haven’t really thought about air superiority. I think they are still hopeful about F-16 block 70. Let’s see what Biden has to offer.... 36 surplus and 36 F-16 block 70 would be nice. If Pakistan does go for Chinese solution, it would most likely be J-10C.
Better take 36 used F16s with V upgrades and try to get F15EX 30-36 jetts a true air superiority jett

Not exactly, example, how come Turkey cannot make a JF-17 equivalent jet??? Sure they are working on a 5th Gen jet BUT HAVE THEY EVER MADE A 4.0 to 4.5 GEN JET YET? Making aircraft parts or making accessories DOES NOT MAKE THEM MORE ADVANCE in this field. Another example, how come they lag far behind in the nuclear field? So there are fields where Turkey does not have the expertise but I do agree there are areas where they are far ahead.

Last edited:
Better take 36 used F16s with V upgrades and try to get F15EX 30-36 jetts a true air superiority jett
Unless Pak hits the Mother Load of Oil / Gas deposit that makes the world roll all over and revolve around it, the F-15EX are not happening. F-15-EX not happening reason is availability of $ ( for purchase, Infrastructure and maintenance ) even if US Gov't agrees to sell.

Stick with F-16s ( new and used )

PS: Sorry for the thesis, tried to pen it down in Cliff's Notes but couldn't dumb it down any further.

1610547741389.png

Not exactly, example, how come Turkey cannot make a JF-17 equivalent jet??? Sure they are working on a 5th Gen jet BUT HAVE THEY EVER MADE A 4.0 to 4.5 GEN JET YET? Making aircraft parts or making accessories DOES NOT MAKE THEM MORE ADVANCE in this field. Another example, how come they lag far behind in the nuclear field? So there are fields where Turkey does not have the expertise but I do agree there are areas where they are far ahead.

You must be joking. Just because they are not building 4/4.5 generation fighter, doesn’t mean they don’t have the technology and experience.
Turkey is partner in F-35 Program. What about their F-16s? Aren’t they making those? Turkey upgraded our older F-16s. They have the infrastructure, technology and experience. Just check their projects, their investment, value of their defense companies and numbers of employees they have.

Even though we are 50/50 partner with China on JF-17 project, our aviation industry is still in infancy when we compare it to Turkey. How big is our R&D department? How many employees are there? Look at our Defense private sector? Their projects? Army has the monopoly and they won’t let anyone else survive.

We are now making 80% to 90% of the JF-17 frame, and majority of other stuff is still coming from China.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom