What's new

94% Indians see Pakistan, 83% China as a Threat | Australian Survey.

i agree, in Pakistan lots of thing is changing gradually , usually i see Pakistani TV channel a lot ,mostly hum tv .......i fact i am regular viewer of HUM tv, so i can understand that ,there is good Pakistani also who believe in moderate ideology ........most of Indian doesn't access to Pakistani media ......so it will not be wrong if i will say ....what Indian people have image about Pakistan is not 100% true there is big % of people who want good relationship with India...agree

good relation is the only solution for better future ..........there is no doubt about that ,there civilian government also want the same , another brutal fact is ? another group may not like this because of different ideology ,and they are not in small in percentage....so we can't ignore them also .....

best solution in my point of
1> both government has to move forward without intention to get full credit.....for there political benefit
2> they move one step forward and pull back 5 step .......many effort had been made in past ......but because of loud media coverage ...and tooo much dramatic presentation .....the people who against all this "aman" they usually get upset........and that end to horrible incident ......
3>so both government must take as challenge.......and should start work on core and ground level ......keep media and publicity....strictly out of it.......keep silence in the beginning..........ones they will reach to some level of achievement..........after that they should interact with media ...in very control way
4>in my point of view ,now this days media is extremely loud ...........and there dramatic presentation for getting good TRP......is big hurdle ....... which really make other group highly upset those who don't want good relation between two country

Keep denying that you're scared. India has more to lose than Pakistan which is why you don't retaliate with those "targeted strikes inside Pakistan" or "massive military buildup". 1 million soldiers in Kashmir isn't for nothing... Right?

Undeniable truth. Only those who have - have something to lose. Otherwise ' Nanga Nahyega kya aur Nichore ga Kya" ?

Am very happy with Kashmir polls :chilli:
Oh brother.
I wish you could tell your govt and media that Pakistan is only a "nuisance" so we could both live happily.

Unfortunately your country is very scared of Pakistan attacking India, which is why you back off whenever some Pakistani sponsored event happens in your country.

It is not in India's interest to go to war as war would unite all the divergent groups who are doing a splendid job in tearing Pakistan apart from within.

It would undo years of slow painstaking efforts. It is better to engage Pakistan economically which is happening.

@ Subject : Both nations are threats - One is immediate the other is long term with a window of opportunity for sanity to prevail which is lacking with the former.

I dont think they will. The Chinese mind is an entirely different animal..... They act in extremes:taz:

So one day they decide to ride the Marxist - Leninist bus... they run full speed without brakes... through the great leap forward and the cultural revolution... Chairman Mao's foot at full throttle.. and CRASH:no:... killing a few million of the passengers... anyone who disagrees to board the bus is killed...

After that bus breaks...they take the capitalist bus...and are now running without brakes in 180 degree opposite direction.... crash is imminent again because only the accelerator can be used... steering and brakes are taboo:lol:

Its an interesting point of view ....and what you say does have merit, but you must understand that china kick started its economy only after the US china pact inked by kissinger. Before that china was another India.

Pakistan nukes in Islamic extremists hand and Pakistani Army's undisputed weight on the country is major reasons why Indian People thinks Pakistan as threat

Its an interesting point of view ....and what you say does have merit, but you must understand that china kick started its economy only after the US china pact inked by kissinger. Before that china was another India.

Again supports my hypothesis.. Which is why Chairman Mao prohibited contact with Western Influences on the pain of death... so after the pact, and a few contacts with American influences, the Chinese ship turns 180 degrees...Full steam astern.

Again supports my hypothesis.. Which is why Chairman Mao prohibited contact with Western Influences on the pain of death... so after the pact, and a few contacts with American influences, the Chinese ship turns 180 degrees...Full steam astern.

Yes it does. But one must also acknowledge the foresight of their leadership to link china's destiny with the US.

We on the other hand linked our destiny with pakistan and then with Russia.

But the most important leap forward the chinese made was to make their population educated. This is the single most important factor that will decide the destiny of nations, especially now that we have entered the information age. No need to tell you how India fairs in this.

Pakistan nukes in Islamic extremists hand and Pakistani Army's undisputed weight on the country is major reasons why Indian People thinks Pakistan as threat

it not debatable subject that every country is has bad and good.........if we will not support to those who really want to bring change.........than how they will become strong.....

it is very clear when ever any effort has been made to move forward ..........there are ton of energy which is pulling back.........
and we Indian also become equally loud at that particular time........
Pakistan politics and system is much complicated than India............if will keep on acting same way........moral of good people usually get down...........

we need to understand and identify good ...........and strongly keep on supporting to good.....otherwise they will become very week within there country

is the only solution.........

for example Bangladesh ..........what ever be reason the way we strong support to hasina government what ever be situation and condition.......we doesn't to khalida

same formula we need to apply with Pakistan also ........without strong support and coordination......change will not come........we need to understand .....in Pakistan case... when we have to loud........and when we have to ignore some incident ....

My guess is the reason of such a high threat from Pakistan is mainly, its joint thunder fighter JF-17, popularly known in India's defence circles, as 'THE GAME CHANGER'

India has a lot of influence in Pakistan's main stream political parties, and has all the potential to retard the development and production of JFT.

Yes it does. But one must also acknowledge the foresight of their leadership to link china's destiny with the US.

We on the other hand linked our destiny with pakistan and then with Russia.

But the most important leap forward the chinese made was to make their population educated. This is the single most important factor that will decide the destiny of nations, especially now that we have entered the information age. No need to tell you how India fairs in this.

That is because Nehru was obsessed with the Soviet Model of Heavy Industry led development - all those temples of modern India. Hardly any attention was paid towards land reforms... which is the fundamental step you need to take if you want to empower people and set them on the road to development. In rural India, land is power and determines your place in the social and political hierarchy.

This was especially important for Eastern India which was one of the richest regions before the advent of Britishers -- which is why the Britishers first established their control over the Bengal province rather than any other part of India. The land systems of Eastern India were severely distorted under the Zamindari system of absentee landlordism and how harmful it was I know practically first hand as I come from an erstwhile Zamindar family of UP. The entire entrepreneur class became complacent as revenue from rich agricultural land was more than sufficient for good living. On the other hand, the actual tillers were severely squeezed and paid no attention to land development. The East never recovered and continues to be basket case.

The Chinese, on the other hand, invested a lot in rural physical and social infra and are now reaping its benefits even though Chinese GDP was less than India's in 1947.

I am galde the remaining 5% defy Katju's assessment though he still wins

My guess is the reason of such a high threat from Pakistan is mainly, its joint thunder fighter JF-17, popularly known in India's defence circles, as 'THE GAME CHANGER'

India has a lot of influence in Pakistan's main stream political parties, and has all the potential to retard the development and production of JFT.

with regards, avg person will even not understand what's mig, f22, nag,lca, or even arihant!
let alone ur jf thunder that's yet to hit the shelf .
yes , agni bramhos though got attention though but knowledge is limited.
and being scared is out of equation..

yes its china who me we are keeping an eye.
I don't understand ,when ur economy is ALL TIME LOW,IMF loan mounting high ,why bother in arm rest. ur soldiers will need food in war as much as bullets.
duh
:annoyed::hitwall:

83 % ( 94 %) must be Indians not Tamils (or muslims) as Tamils /muslims dont see China / Pakistan as their enemies !!

Behind China

Local scholars are still unsure about her identity, but what they do know is that this shrine’s unique roots lie not in China, but in far away south India. The deity, they say, was either brought to Quanzhou — a thriving port city that was at the centre of the region’s maritime commerce a few centuries ago — by Tamil traders who worked here some 800 years ago, or perhaps more likely, crafted by local sculptors at their behest.

I guess with Pakistan, we already know it sends terrorists inside Kashmir and also other parts of India.. so yes its threat to citizens of India..

With China, the threat level was down but with recent chinese incursions and big bully attitude has caused much concern and debate in Media and in public..

Back
Top Bottom