What's new

900 Indian Army’s T-72 MBT are Unrelaible : Report

Yeah we are damn scared...Your T-72 are ready for scrap yard...:enjoy:

T 72s are quite lethal tanks with latest upgrades, and we have hundreds of them and more in the process of being upgraded.

T-72M1_Combat_Improved_Ajeya_Mk2.jpg

dont worry our failed project is superior then yours, remember how our recoil Gun blows your Best of Best patron Tanks like anything.

So PAK Best of Best is failed in in front of INdia's failed one.

For your Tank our Recoils guns are enough.... See History.

Same Report Also goes :
M777 Failed in trials : But US Using failed Gun which consider the best in World and India also buying failed gun.

F-16 Failed in Indian trials , inferior F-16's models is consider the PAF best AF plane.

Therefore India's failed model is also above from the best weapons consider by other countries.
What you say about that?

India's standard is too high, other countries send their equipment to benchmark against world and INdia stamp means of approval.

Ahh history...Unless you throw your T-72 and arjun's from your recoil gun's at us...:cheesy:

T 72s are quite lethal tanks with latest upgrades, and we have hundreds of them and more in the process of being upgraded.

T-72M1_Combat_Improved_Ajeya_Mk2.jpg

Yes, the rusted T-72's are quite lethal, you would need tetanus shots if its scratch your skin:cheesy:

There are countries where such things get reported and action is taken and there are countries where such things are not reported and people live in a fools paradise...It is only stupid for one to assume that for a country like India to have a budget 10 times theirs and have some obsolete equipments are in worse stage than theirs!!

T72 is an old machine, should be repalced with better ones. India had inducted T72 for decades, why they can't overhaul it by themself?
Send in those T72 to China, we will help you overhaul it in very low cost. From my eye, T72 is no more a reliable machine, T90 is much better.

T72 is notorious in the battlefield, especially face western made MBT.

Yeah we are damn scared...Your T-72 are ready for scrap yard...:enjoy:

I made my point here, you can read the links all day long...:enjoy:

Non of them were official Army reports on the latest tanks in the latest trials. 5 years is not what I call up to date. And blog posts by British political analysts are no useful source at all.

Like I said, we have enough money, and everyone is ready to sell to India, but the Arjun prevailed and the Army chose it as its heavy MBT. They could have gone for other sources like they did 32523523 times before and no one could have stopped them, but they did not because the performance was satisfying.

Watch this video:

Ahh history...Unless you throw your T-72 and arjun's from your recoil gun's at us...:cheesy:

Yes, the rusted T-72's are quite lethal, you would need tetanus shots if its scratch your skin:cheesy:

eb6.jpg

I seriously doubt your comprehension capability. Those T 72s are upgraded with the latest tech and new engines. They were overhauled completely and we got them in very good numbers. The article mentions 900 tanks, not all 2400 T 72s!

900 ≠ 2400

Last edited by a moderator:
The funny thing is, the Indian army is dissatisfied with the T-72 tank, while the Pakistanis here are still desperately trying to keep a generation older, obsolete t-55 tanks in service. Which pretty much sums up the gap between the two forces.

T72 is an old machine, should be repalced with better ones. India had inducted T72 for decades, why they can't overhaul it by themself?
Send in those T72 to China, we will help you overhaul it in very low cost. From my eye, T72 is no more a reliable machine, T90 is much better.

You do realise almost your entire "modern" fleet are still t-72 derivatives, with the same problems (especially the auto loader and propensity to ammo blow-up) don't you?

They are overhauled in India to Ajeya Mk2 standard which makes them a force to reckon with.

T 72s only met western MBTs in form of downgraded versions without air superiority and under bad command.

expalined in post #16

As far as I know that our armored div's relied more on the T-90 Bheeshmas and if at all the T-72's are actually being upgraded is to bridge the gap created due to the delays in the Arjun MBT programme??Someone please clarify:
T-90_Bhisma_cropped.jpg

As far as I know that our armored div's relied more on the T-90 Bheeshmas and if at all the T-72's are actually being upgraded is to bridge the gap created due to the delays in the Arjun MBT programme??Someone please clarify:
T-90_Bhisma_cropped.jpg

Not really, it's a hi-lo mix, like our air force fighter fleet. T-90s are expensive and heavy, and serve as the frontline strike force, part of the strike corps. T-72s are older, lighter, less capable, and form the big bulk of our armored strength, as part of the many pivot corps. However, upgraded to Ajeya standards, they still pack a mighty punch, are in fact more potent than the bulk of our enemy's forces. That was our the force structure until now.

In future, the Arjuns in various forms (mk1, mk2, mk3...) will serve as our frontline tank, along with T-90. The thousands of T-72 will be heavily upgraded, since they have some service life left. The oldest tanks we have will be phased out (any remaining T-55s and other obsolete ones) while Arjuns get inducted. If they make a lighter Arjun in future, they will start replacing the T-72 when they reach the end of their service lives. If they cant, then they will have to purchase cheap, light tanks from abroad and license produce them in India. But I don't think they will need to, since they have made a world class heavy tank themselves, and now they have enough experience to make lighter and smaller ones.

T-90_Bhisma_cropped.jpg

The number of T90s will go up to 2000 (around 1000 are already in service), Arjuns around 300 at least (124 already in service). We are upgrading the T 72s to Ajeya MK2 standard which will be a quite lethal adversary with top notch systems on board.

Well the IA is simply taking the IAF's approach to the MIG-27 to their T-72s, they aren't upgrading them to prolong their lives any further as they intend to replace them with more modern and capable machines. Yes this causes pain in the short term but in the long-term these issues will be corrected.

let me explain to u what some of the trolls don't understand

between 1978 and 1994, India inducted 2418 T-72 tanks
out of these some 480 Tanks which were inducted between 1978-85 have been retired from active service
694 T-72 Tanks inducted between 1990-94 have been upgraded to M1 AJEYA standard and are meant to serve till 2030
remaining 1250 T-72s are meant to undergo overhaul and Engine and Night Vision upgrade
out of these tanks some 350 have been overhauled and upgraded with 900 being left as confirmed by the report

now considering that India will be inducting some 800 T-90S/SM and some 124 Arjun MK2 over the next 7 yrs,

So I wonder whether it is feasible to actually spend 1 Billion USD on overhaul and Upgrade of 900 of these tanks when , when we would be inducting 900+ brand new tanks
this 1 Billion would be better spend on procuring some 200 T-90SM over and above the present order

INDIA HAS A $37 BILLION DEFENSE BUDGET about 6 times LARGER THAN PAKISTAN.

CANT EXPLAIN HOW PAKISTAN who tint budget of $7 billion has more effiocient better equipped ARMY

CAN ANY PAKISTANI INDIAN MEMBER EXPLAIN HOW THIS HAPPENS

Back
Top Bottom