What's new

900 Indian Army’s T-72 MBT are Unrelaible : Report

And concerning the Arjun, it has been in service for a couple of years now and the Army is perfectly happy with the tanks and has already ordered an initial batch of 124 MK2s. They could have gone for any other heavier tank in the world, almost every nation would happily sell their tanks to us, but the Arjun finally prevailed.
MK1
]

and second batch of arjun mk1 also ordered i think so.

We have around 2400 T 72s. Hundreds of them have been highly upgraded to Ajeya MK2 standard and hundreds are in the process of being upgraded. If you can read, you would have understood that this problem applies to 900 T72s which havent been upgraded yet.

Upgraded T 72 Ajeya MKII
T-72M1_Combat_Improved_Ajeya_Mk2.jpg

And concerning the Arjun, it has been in service for a couple of years now and the Army is perfectly happy with the tanks and has already ordered an initial batch of 124 MK2s. They could have gone for any other heavier tank in the world, almost every nation would happily sell their tanks to us, but the Arjun finally prevailed.
MK1
Arjun%2BMk1-1.jpg

MK2
Arjun%2BMk1A%2BMBT.jpg

Yes it did prevailed..in FAILURE, Even T-72's

THE ARJUN(MBT) syndrome and failure of DRDO: The Daily Mail Special Report - English Newspaper
Arjun tank fails winter trials, Army Chief writes to Antony:
Arjun tank fails winter trials, Army Chief writes to Antony - Indian Express

Great mistakes in politics (No39) The Arjun tank fiasco: Great mistakes in politics (No39) The Arjun tank fiasco | Dr Matthew Ashton's Politics Blog
India’s main Tank project in doldrums: The Daily Mail Special Report - English Newspaper

Faulty-indigenous-t-72
http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/faulty-indigenous-t-72-tanks-given-to-army/4898

Army-to-spend-billions-on-outdated-t-72-tanks
http://www.business-standard.com/ar...ns-on-outdated-t-72-tanks-110020300077_1.html

'T-72 Losing Operational Reliability' | India | www.indiatimes.com

I tried to search some data and heres what i found:
India as per Globalsecurity.org has about 1925 no.s of T-72 and T-72M1 upgraded (Ajeya tanks) (Source), while at the same time having about 800-900 T-90 tanks. Typically the tank has to be overhauled at a duration of 10-12 years of service and if the report is to be believed about 900 tanks are waiting overhaul. This means remaining 1000 tanks are battle ready and we are not counting age-related writing off of tanks.
Effectively that puts the number of operationally ready tanks to about 1800-1900 at this moment and around. I'm not counting number of Arjun tanks in this calculations but number could well be around 125.

Now for similar numbers on Pakistan

Main Battle tanks Al-Khalid, T-80UD and T-85I AP are around 600 (Source).
I'm not sure of present production and overhaul schedule (Members from Pakistan, pl. confirm).

we have well over 2400 T-72 tanks and even if 900 of them are not upgraded then we are left with 1500 upgraded T-72s and these 1500 along with 1000 T-90s and 200 arjuns are enough to deal with Pakistan like country as they are heavily upgraded......and lastly not to forget that those 900s are being upgraded too, it may take some time but will be upgraded.

900 Indian Army’s T-72 MBT are Unreliable-
and the second post is a working and tested Pakistani tank posted by an indian-

Obsession- :facepalm:-

Yes it did prevailed..in FAILURE

THE ARJUN(MBT) syndrome and failure of DRDO: The Daily Mail Special Report - English Newspaper

Great mistakes in politics (No39) The Arjun tank fiasco: Great mistakes in politics (No39) The Arjun tank fiasco | Dr Matthew Ashton's Politics Blog
India’s main Tank project in doldrums: The Daily Mail Special Report - Englash Newspaper

Faulty-indigenous-t-72
Faulty indigenous T-72 tanks given to Army Video: NDTV.com

Army to spend billions on outdated T-72 tanks | Business Standard

'T-72 Losing Operational Reliability' | India | Indiatimes: India News, Business, Movies, Cricket, Shopping, more...

Seriously, blog posts from British political lecturers on MBTs? 5 year old articles?

The Indian Army has evaluated this tank in several exercises in 2011 and 2012 and is happy with its performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
TIMES NOW which has access to an internal audit report of the army which says that about 900 T72 tanks are inoperational or unreliable, all because their overhaul is far behind schedule. The security implications are huge because without the T72 tank India’s tank regiments find themselves at a great disadvantage.

Reports says that Army has failed to schedule overhaul of T-72 properly and blames lack of urgency shown by Indian army . Indian army veterans are alarmed over the revelation have blasted Indian army for showing lack of urgency in their overhauls ,which will effect mobility of the armoured regiments and will bring down the reliability of the T-72 in war .

T-72 which is getting replaced by new modern T-90 tanks , will still be in Indian army arsenal for many more years to come before they are replaced completely , replacing T-90 with T-72 in one to one is not possible due to high cost which are involved in procuring them from Russia .India has been licensed building T90 in India .

900 Indian Army’s T-72 MBT are Unrelaible : Report | idrw.org

btw indians cant even spell right- what is Unrelaible?- :omghaha:-

Seriously, blog posts from British political lecturers on MBTs? 5 year old articles?

The Indian Army has evaluated this tank in several exercises in 2011 and 2012 and is happy with its performance.

Yeah i can provide hundred others,only one link is 5year old,all other are not more than 6 months old...

The thread being about indian tanks and you people bring out Pakistani tanks and zaid hamid....Seriously what up with you people and pakistanis...Are you people sick?? Why the thoughts of us is in your heads all the time...Do you think anything else apart for the obsession with us...Now should i bring your dearly tejas and kaveri etc...Should i start than you will cry that why i brought lca in tank thread...

Last edited by a moderator:
btw indians cant even spell right- what is Unrelaible?- :omghaha:-

Every country has its own standard , some countries think getting 5 % in marks is pass and some countries think getting 80% is failed.

depend on which pattern you consider 5 % or 80%?

Nothing new...india needs to spend a lot of $$ to be in competition with Pak Army,which is way ahead...IA's 70% military equipment is WW2 era...

Even the upgraded T 72 are enough to take you off.....

Yeah i can provide hundred others,only one link is 5year old,all other are not more than 6 months old...

So if you have hundreds of records from field exercises and trials of the latest version, please show them. w

Remove the T-72's as according to this report... Arjun being a failed project...you are only left with 1000 T90's to protect whole of India...

dont worry our failed project is superior then yours, remember how our recoil Gun blows your Best of Best patron Tanks like anything.

So PAK Best of Best is failed in in front of INdia's failed one.

For your Tank our Recoils guns are enough.... See History.

Yes it did prevailed..in FAILURE, Even T-72's

India’s main Tank project in doldrums: The Daily Mail Special Report - English Newspaper

Faulty-indigenous-t-72
http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/faulty-indigenous-t-72-tanks-given-to-army/4898

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...ns-on-outdated-t-72-tanks-110020300077_1.html

'T-72 Losing Operational Reliability' | India | www.indiatimes.com

Same Report Also goes :
M777 Failed in trials : But US Using failed Gun which consider the best in World and India also buying failed gun.

F-16 Failed in Indian trials , inferior F-16's models is consider the PAF best AF plane.

Therefore India's failed model is also above from the best weapons consider by other countries.
What you say about that?

India's standard is too high, other countries send their equipment to benchmark against world and INdia stamp means of approval.

Back
Top Bottom