What's new

6 things I hate about PAKISTAN

I was joking bro. The video description was by the girl who made it, but I assumed it was Dexters own opinion because of how it was posted. Hence the joking remark false flagging as a girl...lol

No ill intention at all. :) Simply making light of my own confusion.
OK good, BTW this youtuber is a very positive person. I have followed her as well. She loves Pakistan and tries to portray Pakistan in a positive light but these are very genuine points she raised since my observation and thoughts are same except the salad point. In fact I posted it before so I ask the mods @Arsalan @Dubious to merge them
She is so right about it

Last edited:
Interesting Fact about Pakistan. Pakistan is on No# 3rd in the world where most of the people speak English ... Easy for foreigners to communicate with the locals according to the latest Index. (Russian State Television Reported).

It is extremely hard for the visitors to communicate with locals in Europe (Including Turkey), Middle East (especially) and Asia Pacific regions where majority can't speak in int language.

Why are you yelling?

The smell is unpleasant, but only initially. Many people just get used to it for certain areas. Zafar Ali road through posh areas of Lahore is a good example.
Nope. It affects machinery/electronics like AC or washing machines too. I know it because I live near one and lots of complains regarding to the sewer are registered in the community office.

@dexter is a good member and genuine person. I have followed him since a long time and I like this posts / thread. He is not a false flagger.

As seen from the first post,
it seems @dexter is a woman.

I have been following this set of videos, and seem almost all of them.
She never tells her name !

Nope. It affects machinery/electronics like AC or washing machines too. I know it because I live near one and lots of complains regarding to the sewer are registered in the community office.

Apart from the smell, how do open sewers it affect ACs or washing machines? Just curious.

As seen from the first post,
it seems @dexter is a woman.

I have been following this set of videos, and seem almost all of them.
She never tells her name !
As per his profile, he is a man and 25 yrs old..and for me that is more than sufficient info..It does not bother me what is the gender of the member on PDF.

I would like to remain silent on my gender, lets see where it goes :D

This is a video I have wanted to make for a while now. It's important for me to be open and transparent and tell you the truth about the countries I visit. You all know how much I love Pakistan but there are some things I feel are letting the country down which need to be talked about. All of the points I mentioned are things that Pakistan can improve on with a little bit of conscious effort. So come find out what /I dislike about Pakistan and let me know what you think. I appreciate all of your feedback but please don't be mean.
Thank you
OK she said she hate 6 things WHICH HOLD US BACK (Her words)

So, let me summarize:

1. Trash
  2. Servant culture
  3. Rattafication education
  4. unhygienic food + food poisoning = charcoal pills?
  5. the amount of oil + complaining abt salad?
  6. Counterfeit
My answer:
  1. YES this is an issue
  2. THIS is not holding us BACK (as per her words), we have a large population of poor people who can be exploited...and it is the case with every other country with such a problem! Yes some people are cruel to their "staff" ...but it has very little to do with the servant culture and more to do with bad habits! I mean it is not like UK doesnt have bad people who treat others less?! There is an outline of work ethics which get violated very often! Bad people exist everywhere! So this cant possibly be an issue to raise like poverty/ child abuse or spouse abuse!
  3. YES this is an issue everyone has pointed out
  4. Charcoal pills never help with food poisoning (THIS I found was her lack of knowledge and maybe showcasing her ignorance)...My guess is her stomach isnt used to microbes / oily food like many of the First world people...I mean we have international vlogging chefs coming over eating off the streets...who get food poisoned but never complained like her!
  5. Oil was stupid....the amount of oil America uses is also can be complained abt- is it holding America back? And her complain abt the salad was totally stupid! I am sorry but salad is prepared in multiple ways in different countries! Some with Mayo, some with olive oil, some with yoghurt...and raw salad isnt something to laugh abt VERY IMMATURE in my honest opinion!
  6. THAT isnt holding Pakistan back (as she started with this- my analysis of her points is based on this).....We are bordering with China this shouldnt even be a shocker nor something to point out! I mean people from Southeast Asia travel to Thailand to buy counterfeit items! It is a booming market...If some factories can make the same looking brand and sell for cheaper...maybe it is time for LARGE BRANDS who dont pay taxes in USA to sell at a lower price! I am totally against brands which have factories in CHINA/ BD and other countries to sell for as much as they used to when it was built in USA (30 yrs ago)

Last edited:
OK she said she hate 6 things WHICH HOLD US BACK (Her words)

So, let me summarize:

1. Trash
  2. Servant culture
  3. Rattafication education
  4. unhygienic food + food poisoning = charcoal pills?
  5. the amount of oil + complaining abt salad?
  6. Counterfeit
My answer:
  1. YES this is an issue
  2. THIS is not holding us BACK (as per her words), we have a large population of poor people who can be exploited...and it is the case with every other country with such a problem! Yes some people are cruel to their "staff" ...but it has very little to do with the servant culture and more to do with bad habits! I mean it is not like UK doesnt have bad people who treat others less?! There is an outline of work ethics which get violated very often! Bad people exist everywhere! So this cant possibly be an issue to raise like poverty/ child abuse or spouse abuse!
  3. YES this is an issue everyone has pointed out
  4. Charcoal pills never help with food poisoning (THIS I found was her lack of knowledge and maybe showcasing her ignorance)...My guess is her stomach isnt used to microbes / oily food like many of the First world people...I mean we have international vlogging chefs coming over eating off the streets...who get food poisoned but never complained like her!
  5. Oil was stupid....the amount of oil America uses is also can be complained abt- is it holding America back? And her complain abt the salad was totally stupid! I am sorry but salad is prepared in multiple ways in different countries! Some with Mayo, some with olive oil, some with yoghurt...and raw salad isnt something to laugh abt VERY IMMATURE in my honest opinion!
  6. THAT isnt holding Pakistan back (as she started with this- my analysis of her points is based on this).....We are bordering with China this shouldnt even be a shocker nor something to point out! I mean people from Southeast Asia travel to Thailand to buy counterfeit items! It is a booming market...If some factories can make the same looking brand and sell for cheaper...maybe it is time for LARGE BRANDS who dont pay taxes in USA to sell at a lower price! I am totally against brands which have factories in CHINA/ BD and other countries to sell for as much as they used to when it was built in USA (30 yrs ago)

Totally agree with you.
I too find half of her points lame.
Specially with point #5, i dont understand whats wrong with these Pakistani goras.

there are no toilet paper and cleanliness is horrible
I dont think the common man uses toilet paper and in MOST public toilet on highway / motorway I have seen the Muslim shower (hose) thing ....THAT is our culture and it is good enough coz less than 1% would be tourists who visit those while majority will be our people who will want to use those!

Totally agree with you.
I too find half of her points lame.
Specially with point #5, i dont understand whats wrong with these Pakistani goras.
She claimed she is not Pakistani just some bimbo with charcoal pills to counter food poisoning by microbes :unsure:

PEOPLE leave @dexter 's gender out of the discussion please :)

I dont think the common man uses toilet paper and in MOST public toilet on highway / motorway I have seen the Muslim shower (hose) thing ....THAT is our culture and it is good enough coz less than 1% would be tourists who visit those while majority will be our people who will want to use those!
As a Muslim I use both...after using the shower + soap (I have bidé in my home & offices), I use toilet paper to dry because here we wear pants with briefs under / inside. But in Pakistan people mostly wear the shalwar which is quite loose and airy so it dries pretty quickly and thus they don't need toilet paper that much but in my family houses in Pakistan, everyone has toilet rolls. But in public toilets, toilet papers is not available which is quite disturbing..so one solution I have is to carry some rolls in the boot/trunk of the vehicle.

in my family houses in Pakistan, everyone has toilet rolls. But in public toilets, toilet papers is not available which is quite disturbing..so one solution I have is to carry some rolls in the boot/trunk of the vehicle.
Toilet paper is a luxury in Pakistan to provide it in toilets - where people will take rolls home (yes people have a problem of taking things home) would be a problem! PLUS if you want toilet paper, carry some from home as you suggested but no need to put it as an excuse for our lack of progress (as this youtuber states these are POINTS WHICH HOLD US BACK)

And mind you, MANY public toilets in UK dont have water and some run out of tissue paper, so this isnt even a point! And American public toilets are smelly as well, should I open a vlog to complain?

The public toilet on the Bangkok airport didnt have water nor tissue paper at one time...Now they have a Muslim section where we they have a surau (prayer room) and one of the toilet in that section have water!

Toilet paper is a luxury in Pakistan to provide it in toilets - where people will take rolls home (yes people have a problem of taking things home) would be a problem! PLUS if you want toilet paper, carry some from home as you suggested but no need to put it as an excuse for our lack of progress (as this youtuber states these are POINTS WHICH HOLD US BACK)

And mind you, MANY public toilets in UK dont have water and some run out of tissue paper, so this isnt even a point! And American public toilets are smelly as well, should I open a vlog to complain?

The public toilet on the Bangkok airport didnt have water nor tissue paper at one time...Now they have a Muslim section where we they have a surau (prayer room) and one of the toilet in that section have water!
Most of the airports lack water in the toilets except Muslim countries so definitely that's a problem in the west or outside Muslim world.

Overall sanitation in public toilets in Pakistan is really bad .it is just disgusting so toilet papers are least of the worries...so yes toilet roll seems to be a luxury (it is a necessity in the west).

In GCC, Malaysia, Turkey and most of the developed Muslim countries, you find both the water and the paper. Also in Pakistani hotels you find both.

Back
Top Bottom