What's new

5,528 acres allotted to generate 100MW wind power in Thatta

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI: The Land Lease Agreement for allotment of 5,528 acres were signed with two Wind Power Companies Gul Ahmed Wind Power Limited and Tenega Generasi Limited today at Energy Department, Government of Sindh. Both the companies will provide 100MW wind power by the end of September 2016 through Clean and fuel free resource. The projects will bring direct investment of US$ 247 million in Sindh and create substantial job opportunities.

The signing ceremony was witnessed by Secretary Energy Agha Wasif Abbas anad other senior officials. Speaking on the occasion, the Secretary Energy Department Agha Wasif Abbas informed that Government of Sindh is actively facilitating project developers to mitigate energy crisis. During the last few months, seven companies have been awarded final lease Agreements. He informed all the project development agreements including financial arrangements have been signed and the physical construction will start from April 2015. He said that Gul Ahmed Wind Power has been allotted 647 acres in Jhampir Wind corridor and the company will install 25 state of the art German Wind Turbines of 2.5 MW each. The project will generate 158GWhs per annum from 2016 to 2036 Gul Ahmed group will finance 55%, while 35% will be financed by a Singapore based Development Company and 10% by the International Financial Corporation (IFC).
Secretary Energy further said that Tenaga Generasi Limited will install 31 turbines of 1.6 MW made by General Electric and will be installed in Taluka Mipur Sakro, with an investment of 120 million USD. The annual energy output of the project will bee 134.42 GWh. financing has been committed by Overseas Private Investment Corporation of USA and International Finance Corporation (IFC).

well done PPP.. seriously... i mean u have to be kidding here... allocating land is well done... huh

I will tell u a few stories.. get it verified if u want to...

1) a few years back both Engro and Fatima were installing their new fertilizer plants in Sindh and Lower punjab respectively. one of the equipment required to be transported was a 180 feet plus structure for ammonia plant... it took a few months for it to be transferred to guddu barage as it travelled at speeds of 10/15 km.. through fields and barren land... the cargo got stuck there as the local admin asked for bagshish for a NOC to pass.... asking price was 1 lac.. local MNA were involved and the price increased.. Local government was involved and price increased further .. finally Sindh government was involved and price increased further and cargo passed after bakhshish of close to a million ruppees
2) during set up of new plant at engro punjabis daily wagers were beaten by local admin as local population was supposedly ignored. the situation improved after local waders and MNAs were contacted who demanded that 150 of their men each would be given jobs and these 300 people used to just check in their cards and check them out in the evening.
the same way the people hired in loading area formed a union and through the ashirwat of the MNA started asking for 1000/- rupees for loading one truck over and above their pay.. if company declines then u can kiss goodbye to all daily wagers
3) Sindh Government was approached for a NOC for installing new plant and new turbines by GE... bakshish was sought and was not given.. as per law after i guess 3 months the work can be started and upon completion u need a NOC.
now 2 things happened afterwards... rather than go their way the HESCO (hyderabad electric coorporation) filed a case that engro was setting up a new turbine and selling electricity to the local area... engro won the case... the decision was challenged in high court... the way NOC upon completion was received was a alot worse.
4) almost every single government vacancy or a new seat/position is sold in sindh.

I can go on to tell you the great work by PPPP MNAs in other areas as well but i think i have made my point. the PPP MNAs along with local waderas are another name of culprits. Doing business in Sindh is a nightmare. complain upon what u want but sindh will not prosper till the local olice is a servant to the MNA/waders and the local population is kept slave and dependent upon the wadera.

well done PPP.. seriously... i mean u have to be kidding here... allocating land is well done... huh

I will tell u a few stories.. get it verified if u want to...

1) a few years back both Engro and Fatima were installing their new fertilizer plants in Sindh and Lower punjab respectively. one of the equipment required to be transported was a 180 feet plus structure for ammonia plant... it took a few months for it to be transferred to guddu barage as it travelled at speeds of 10/15 km.. through fields and barren land... the cargo got stuck there as the local admin asked for bagshish for a NOC to pass.... asking price was 1 lac.. local MNA were involved and the price increased.. Local government was involved and price increased further .. finally Sindh government was involved and price increased further and cargo passed after bakhshish of close to a million ruppees
2) during set up of new plant at engro punjabis daily wagers were beaten by local admin as local population was supposedly ignored. the situation improved after local waders and MNAs were contacted who demanded that 150 of their men each would be given jobs and these 300 people used to just check in their cards and check them out in the evening.
the same way the people hired in loading area formed a union and through the ashirwat of the MNA started asking for 1000/- rupees for loading one truck over and above their pay.. if company declines then u can kiss goodbye to all daily wagers
3) Sindh Government was approached for a NOC for installing new plant and new turbines by GE... bakshish was sought and was not given.. as per law after i guess 3 months the work can be started and upon completion u need a NOC.
now 2 things happened afterwards... rather than go their way the HESCO (hyderabad electric coorporation) filed a case that engro was setting up a new turbine and selling electricity to the local area... engro won the case... the decision was challenged in high court... the way NOC upon completion was received was a alot worse.
4) almost every single government vacancy or a new seat/position is sold in sindh.

I can go on to tell you the great work by PPPP MNAs in other areas as well but i think i have made my point. the PPP MNAs along with local waderas are another name of culprits. Doing business in Sindh is a nightmare. complain upon what u want but sindh will not prosper till the local olice is a servant to the MNA/waders and the local population is kept slave and dependent upon the wadera.

I have no source to quote right now because I heard it in some morning TV show a while back; a Pakistani guy living in the US wanted to set up a university campus with collaboration from University of Carnegie Mellon ( one of the top ranked universities internationally). The provincial Sindh government not only refused him land but also demanded a heavy bakhsish. The guy said F it and left. PPP is a cancer.

poora pakistan aik hi bar kiray per de do tum logoon se to wesy bhi nhi chalta

KARACHI: The Land Lease Agreement for allotment of 5,528 acres were signed with two Wind Power Companies Gul Ahmed Wind Power Limited and Tenega Generasi Limited today at Energy Department, Government of Sindh. Both the companies will provide 100MW wind power by the end of September 2016 through Clean and fuel free resource. The projects will bring direct investment of US$ 247 million in Sindh and create substantial job opportunities.

The signing ceremony was witnessed by Secretary Energy Agha Wasif Abbas anad other senior officials. Speaking on the occasion, the Secretary Energy Department Agha Wasif Abbas informed that Government of Sindh is actively facilitating project developers to mitigate energy crisis. During the last few months, seven companies have been awarded final lease Agreements. He informed all the project development agreements including financial arrangements have been signed and the physical construction will start from April 2015. He said that Gul Ahmed Wind Power has been allotted 647 acres in Jhampir Wind corridor and the company will install 25 state of the art German Wind Turbines of 2.5 MW each. The project will generate 158GWhs per annum from 2016 to 2036 Gul Ahmed group will finance 55%, while 35% will be financed by a Singapore based Development Company and 10% by the International Financial Corporation (IFC).
Secretary Energy further said that Tenaga Generasi Limited will install 31 turbines of 1.6 MW made by General Electric and will be installed in Taluka Mipur Sakro, with an investment of 120 million USD. The annual energy output of the project will bee 134.42 GWh. financing has been committed by Overseas Private Investment Corporation of USA and International Finance Corporation (IFC).

5528 acres for only 100 MW????

Tjhis sound very unreasonable. It seems a scam in making.

This is to much land for to little power

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom