What's new

PAKISTAN HAS IDEAL CLIMATE FOR GENERATING SOLAR, WIND POWER

Solar energy is not the only thing we are focused on.
We are also on the hunt for low speed diesel engines to direcly burn used cooking oil and generate electricity. Much more efficient and cheaper than solar. Currently engines can be had from India but too expensive at $4000 each for colonial era tech clone.

I can give you a hint on that...Go to Gadani ship breaking yards..They must have good quality Diesel and heavy oil engines extracted from Ships...Can be portable if fitted in a 40 footer container....Will be second hand of course and you will need knowledgeable Engineers for maintenance...Good news is that there are plenty in Pakistan...

If they are no more breaking ships in Gadani..You may need to go Bangladesh as they got one of the Biggest SHip Breaking industry in the world.

I can give you a hint on that...Go to Gadani ship breaking yards..They must have good quality Diesel and heavy oil engines extracted from Ships...Can be portable if fitted in a 40 footer container....Will be second hand of course and you will need knowledgeable Engineers for maintenance...Good news is that there are plenty in Pakistan...

If they are no more breaking ships in Gadani..You may need to go Bangladesh as they got one of the Biggest SHip Breaking industry in the world.

Did find many and many..some are portable enough in a suzuki dont need 40 or 20 foot container. The problem is we are not looking to make one system. Need serial production and economies of scale. So scrap salvage doesn't help her at all. I did negotiate once with a casting money to clone the Indian designs for us. But the indian company did not agree to sell us designs for a one off price and their demand on per unit royalty was very "greedy"

Did find many and many..some are portable enough in a suzuki dont need 40 or 20 foot container. The problem is we are not looking to make one system. Need serial production and economies of scale. So scrap salvage doesn't help her at all. I did negotiate once with a casting money to clone the Indian designs for us. But the indian company did not agree to sell us designs for a one off price and their demand on per unit royalty was very "greedy"

I am not sure what exactly you are looking for....But Wartsilla Pakistan may be of some help..May be..

Wärtsilä Pakistan (Pvt) Ltd
16 Km Raiwind Road
PO Box 10104
Lahore, Pakistan

phone—+92 (42) 541-8846
fax— +92 (42) 541-9053

From the look of your posts you do sound ambitious..Here is another ambitious idea...Look into salvaging Gas turbine engines from light and medium aircrafts..They too are good for power production...Aeronautical engineers are abundantly available in PK

There was one such POwer plant near my home in UK..That was in Cheshire ..they were using an old salvaged aircraft engine..Probably from a Vulcan...for generating electricity.

Wartsilla engines are big.
I wonder how we can collect so much oil?

They got medium size engines already generating electricity for Industrial units.....Parts and Technical assistance is locally available.

I am not sure what exactly you are looking for....But Wartsilla Pakistan may be of some help..May be..

Wärtsilä Pakistan (Pvt) Ltd
16 Km Raiwind Road
PO Box 10104
Lahore, Pakistan

phone—+92 (42) 541-8846
fax— +92 (42) 541-9053

From the look of your posts you do sound ambitious..Here is another ambitious idea...Look into salvaging Gas turbine engines from light and medium aircrafts..They too are good for power production...Aeronautical engineers are abundantly available in PK

There was one such POwer plant near my home in UK..That was in Cheshire ..they were using an old salvaged aircraft engine..Probably from a Vulcan...for generating electricity.
Thanks for your concern but who will teach a dehati on gas turbine maintenance.??

Every head of alibaba site?? Import from abroad particularly middle east..they just dump it in the landfills.. let some labour collect it from every restaurant and you pay him wage per litre.

yup...Used edible oil will have to be treated for use in a diesel engine and wont be cheap.
Not when you are burning it in a slow speed IDI engine...these monster will burn anything since there are no high speed injection pumps to fail due to dirty fuel full full of glycerine jelly. Thought the fuel must be kept hot at at least 80c for better flow viscosity and efficiency but such can be achieved by recycling the waste heat of the engine.

See this is what i am looking for!
rocketboy.jpg

Thanks for your concern but who will teach a dehati on gas turbine maintenance.??

Aeronautical engineers are available in Pakistan..Although for POwer production the engine will need some major modifications..A turbo Prob will be the best option..The shaft driving a Generator with the propeller removed.

Anyway...Good luck with your plans..Keep us posted.

Aeronautical engineers are available in Pakistan..Although for POwer production the engine will need some major modifications..A turbo Prob will be the best option..The shaft driving a Generator with the propeller removed.

Anyway...Good luck with your plans..Keep us posted.

How will the engine be cooled?? and god forbid the noise...maintenance and spare parts wont be cheap either..then the gearbox needed for down-step since the engine rpm will be too high

i better stick with slow speed diesels and solar :D

Every head of alibaba site?? Import from abroad particularly middle east..they just dump it in the landfills.. let some labour collect it from every restaurant and you pay him wage per litre.

That sounds a lot of headache already and may be still not enough to meet the requirement.
While i was commenting on wartsilla engines.

Basically, I'm affraid of importing any thing into Pakistan due to corrupt officials.
You may have to import oil on regular basis, than.

Still it will not be suitable for domestic use due to noise.

Some one once gifted me a few kilowatt demonstration unit and i was demanded custom more than the cost of the equipment and i finally left it with customs.

Commenting on suggestion of Gas turbines; those are expensive machines, on the first place.

Power demand can be divided into two key areas, baseload demand and peak or "on-demand" power. Baseload power is the approximate power that is absolutely necessary at all times of the day throughout the year, whereas Peak power is real-time difference between total demand and the estimated baseload demand. Why is this important? Because it is foolish to think Solar Power or Wind Power can meet all of Pakistan's baseload power demand. Not only are solar and wind power intermittent, i.e., available for an unpredictable amounts of time during the day, but are also extremely expensive in a per-KilloWatt-Hour basis (operational cost), very expensive to build (capital cost) and unreliable (due to intermittency and low-scale power generation). Every developed country currently going for solar and wind has solid baseload power power production by other means (generally coal and hydroelectric).

Pakistan currently needs baseload power, that is the reason for our continuous energy shortage. The best technologies to meet baseload demand in Pakistan are ones that can provide large-scale and cheap power. The only renewable technology capable of providing large-scale, reliable, non-intermittent, clean, and in-exhaustive power in Pakistan is Hydroelectric (i.e., Kalabagh etc). Furthermore, Nuclear Energy is the only other "clean" way of satisfying baseload power demand. Other than these two, there is no well-established way of providing "clean" baseload power, which is why the majority of the World relies on Coal and Oil & Gas for baseload power.

Instead of spending billions on experimental wind or solar powerplants, I would rather we go for rental powerplants in the short-term and build baseload capacity using nuclear and hydro. Once we've built enough baseload power, we can look towards renewables such as wind, solar and geothermal for the peak power needs.

PAF.. solar power is not about feeding the demand.
It is about the savings and energy can be made available by generation and conservation.
By using high efficiency machines and process we can reduce the demand and solar can be hooked upto the national grid and we can save our water reservoirs for peak demand loads.
Pakistan govt. will earn a most when people build their personal solar houses.
It is not happening due to IMF/world Bank pressure, they don't want govt. to have no source of income, until new taxes are introduced and this is why new push for taxes is on the horizon because they cannot sell energy more expensive than it cost out of portable/diesel generator.

Solar in Punjab is the way forward and this is one million dollar advise.

Back
Top Bottom