What's new

4K walk through newer American cities [not old cities like NYC]

In fact most American cities should be this beautiful, even the older big ones. The current decline of big cities just shows that American society is facing some serious problems. In terms of geographical location, natural resources and population density, the United States is indeed a very good country. There will always be people immigrating to the United States from developing countries until the New World becomes as crowded as the Old World. But Americans are squandering their God-given wealth.

In fact most American cities should be this beautiful, even the older big ones. The current decline of big cities just shows that American society is facing some serious problems. In terms of geographical location, natural resources and population density, the United States is indeed a very good country. There will always be people immigrating to the United States from developing countries until the New World becomes as crowded as the Old World. But Americans are squandering their God-given wealth.

There is no use squandering money in types of cities where people simply don't want to live anymore. While dense high rise buildings are popular in China it isn't popular in the US anymore (however it was very popular over 100 years ago).

People's tastes evolve..and that also applies to where and how they live. China for instances loved bicycles for decades and now you like cars. Do you think if your prettied up bicycles people are suddenly going to give up their cars en-mass?? It isn't going to happen. So stop thinking it will.

Almost all of the cities in this thread are low density with populations of around 100,000 people or less. People have moved out of the denser cities to these less dense types of cities. In fact the majority of the housing in these cities are single family or apartment buildings that are maybe 3 stories tall.

There is no use squandering money in types of cities where people simply don't want to live anymore. While dense high rise buildings are popular in China it isn't popular in the US anymore (however it was very popular over 100 years ago).

People's tastes evolve..and that also applies to where and how they live. China for instances loved bicycles for decades and now you like cars. Do you think if your prettied up bicycles people are suddenly going to give up their cars en-mass?? It isn't going to happen. So stop thinking it will.

Almost all of the cities in this thread are low density with populations of around 100,000 people or less. People have moved out of the denser cities to these less dense types of cities. In fact the majority of the housing in these cities are single family or apartment buildings that are maybe 3 stories tall.
I kind of know what you mean. But I think it is difficult to have data to show that most people in big cities are fleeing to small, sophisticated cities as big cities decline. In other words, can the small cities you listed handle the outflow of people from big cities? Further, can they carry enough economy?
Your feelings and the feelings from the Chinese Internet may be both right, because you and some Chinese are looking at the problem from each end of counter-urbanization.

I love 4K HDR walkthroughs. I especially enjoy watching Japanese City walkthroughs

I kind of know what you mean. But I think it is difficult to have data to show that most people in big cities are fleeing to small, sophisticated cities as big cities decline. In other words, can the small cities you listed handle the outflow of people from big cities?

Instead of listening to me let's see what ChatGPT has to say (and as usual I'll try not to slant the questions):

1930vs2020.png

housing2.png

bigcitypopulations.png

Further, can they carry enough economy?
Your feelings and the feelings from the Chinese Internet may be both right, because you and some Chinese are looking at the problem from each end of counter-urbanization.

Why not? All we are talking about is a housing preference change.

Last edited:
If America is so great why are people sleeping on the streets, facing health care problems and stagnant wages for lower income people?

If America is so great why are people sleeping on the streets, facing health care problems and stagnant wages for lower income people?

Who says we are perfect? All I know is more people are flooding into the US from Asia every day than there are Americans going the other way.

It isn't that we are so great...it's that others are not great.

Let's take a look at some of the newer built-up US cities instead of always focusing on just the old-design ones from ages ago that the Chinese posters like to show over and over. BTW notice there are no bars over the windows....which is common in certain other "modern" countries.

Let's start out in the sunny south instead of the overcast north.
Saint Petersburg

Only dumb people live in Florida.

One big hurricane and all is lost.

Only dumb people live in Florida.

One big hurricane and all is lost.

Well you are up in the snow zone and Canada's population is only 38M compared to the US with 331M.

So there's a lot of people questioning how smart it is to live up there compared to down here.

749636_854a8bc4d6384abab6517bf4aa653121~mv2.jpg

miamiBeach.png

Maybe all the countries and border areas in the Caribbean should just pack up and leave too because of hurricanes. I'm not sure what is the point of your complaining.

Caribbean.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom