What's new

42 more Sukhoi-30 MKI deal cleared for India

Whatever the news are coming these days... but you will praise me around 2026-30(if i would be a living creature that time..lol!!), when you seeIAF operating 500 of sukhoi30 MKIs....
I bets....

Well brother, I don't think so.............If PAK FA will be a sucess, then I strongly doubt that much SU-30 in IAF. LCA, MCA, PAK-FA plus MMRCA; where is the need for 500 SU-30 MKI man???

by 2025-30
FGFA = 150 aprox.
Su-30 MKI = 350 aprox.
MMRCA = 200 aprox.
Tejas (LCA) = 200 aprox.
MCA = 50 aprox.
Total = 950 new fighters plus some Migs (hopefully)

Lca cant be an Airsuperiority fighter mate..and you will see, IAF will raise its numbers to go head to head with China..
Well, kis se maroge?, :P

We don't need as big of an air force as China's...........China is world record holder for Most Neighbours. And that record demands a big forece too. Compare to India, we don't need that much big arsenal or forces. Only countries to look for..............are China and Pakistan. That's it. So why to waste our resources. Better to maintain a potent and efficient , but smaller force than China.

Last edited:
Well ,the article is nothing but Junk , i frankly believe that some of the posters like DBC ,falcon ,taimi can write a better article than this inaccurate trash
If u look carefully then these 42 Su30mki will be inducted between 2014-18
Now 2018 is when india plans to induct its new 5th gen fighter which will most likely be 50 odd Pakfa being delivered b/w 2018-22So there will not be any more than 270 Su30mki in indian service
As far as total fleet strength is concermed
Well Current sanctioned strength is 39.5 Sqds or 780 Aircrafts

This number was anounced in late 1980s when IAF operated 41 Sqds , now there are plans to increase the sanctioned strength to 44 Sqds or 880 aircrafts to keep pace with our changing requirementIAF plan to operate 42 sqds or 840 Aircrafts by 2022 and increase it to 44 Sqds by 2025From its current position of 32 Sqds or 650 Aircrafts

Well ,the article is nothing but Junk , i frankly believe that some of the posters like DBC ,falcon ,taimi can write a better article than this inaccurate trash
If u look carefully then these 42 Su30mki will be inducted between 2014-18
Now 2018 is when india plans to induct its new 5th gen fighter which will most likely be 50 odd Pakfa being delivered b/w 2018-22So there will not be any more than 270 Su30mki in indian service
As far as total fleet strength is concermed
Well Current sanctioned strength is 39.5 Sqds or 780 Aircrafts

This number was anounced in late 1980s when IAF operated 41 Sqds , now there are plans to increase the sanctioned strength to 44 Sqds or 880 aircrafts to keep pace with our changing requirementIAF plan to operate 42 sqds or 840 Aircrafts by 2022 and increase it to 44 Sqds by 2025From its current position of 32 Sqds or 650 Aircrafts

:no::disagree::no:

by 2025-30
FGFA = 150 aprox.
Su-30 MKI = 350 aprox.
MMRCA = 200 aprox.
Tejas (LCA) = 200 aprox.
MCA = 50 aprox.

Well brother, I don't think so.............If PAK FA will be a sucess, then I strongly doubt that much SU-30 in IAF. LCA, MCA, PAK-FA plus MMRCA; where is the need for 500 SU-30 MKI man???

We don't need as big of an air force as China's...........China is world record holder for Most Neighbours. And that record demands a big forece too. Compare to India, we don't need that much big arsenal or forces. Only countries to look for..............are China and Pakistan. That's it. So why to waste our resources. Better to maintain a potent and efficient , but smaller force than China.

Our most of international border are along with China and Pak so we need to have good air force quality + quantity. Also non of our other neighbor country is powerful. To keep threat suppressed we strongly need a powerful AF. So i don't mind 500 mki , but its my personal view feel free to comment and correct.

Last edited:
I love Sukhoi 30MKI,

AIR_Tornado-F3_Eurofighter_SU-30MKI_Top_lg.jpg

looking like a HAWK.

really hottttttt .. mki over sea with typhoon .. i love on my desktop beakground.:cheers:

Last edited:
Our most of international border are along with China and Pak so we need to have good air force quality + quantity. Also non of our other neighbor country is powerful. To keep threat suppressed we strongly need a powerful AF. So i don't mind 500 mki , but its my personal view feel free to comment and correct.

by 2025-30
FGFA = 150 aprox.
Su-30 MKI = 350 aprox.
MMRCA = 200 aprox.
Tejas (LCA) = 200 aprox.
MCA = 50 aprox.
plus around 200 UAVs..........

Don't you think it is enough of a force???

Also, Chinese war doctrine revolves around their army. They never used their Air Force properly in their history. They got a very Big Air Force, but its quality in terms of equipment and pilot training is very low. One more point, they can't put everything on one front with neighbours like Russia, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, and Vietnam. They need at least some force on border of every neighbour. Also our bases and logistic facilities are not too far from border (by aerial route). So we don't need as big air force as China's.

Every nation has to keep a force to counter its biggest threat; because small threats got covered in that automatically. So if we maintain a force consisting of above fighters, we don't need to worry abuot anything.
:smokin:

Last edited:
:no::disagree::no:

by 2025-30
FGFA = 150 aprox.
Su-30 MKI = 350 aprox.
MMRCA = 200 aprox.
Tejas (LCA) = 200 aprox.
MCA = 50 aprox.

Yaar read my post again :what:
I specifically mentioned the reason why Su30Mki number will not increase beyond 270 , unless we are in a crisis and require to produce additional jets on an urgent basis:azn:
Secondly The number of LCA is capped at 48 MK1 + 100 MK2 by the airforce , secondly there will not be anymore order for Tejas unless Hal developed a Tejas MK3 with a higher payload and RCS of 1 sqm or iaf requires them to fill the numbers:D ,considering the fact that Present Tejas MK1 has an RCS of 3.5 sqm and payload of 4000+ Kg

by 2025-30
FGFA = 150 aprox.
Su-30 MKI = 350 aprox.
MMRCA = 200 aprox.
Tejas (LCA) = 200 aprox.
MCA = 50 aprox.
plus around 200 UAVs..........

Don't you think it is enough of a force???

Also, Chinese war doctrine revolves around their army. They never used their Air Force properly in their history. They got a very Big Air Force, but its quality in terms of equipment and pilot training is very low. One more point, they can't put everything on one front with neighbours like Russia, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, and Vietnam. They need at least some force on border of every neighbour. Also our bases and logistic facilities are not too far from border (by aerial route). So we don't need as big air force as China's.

Every nation has to keep a force to counter its biggest threat; because small threats got covered in that automatically. So if we maintain a force consisting of above fighters, we don't need to worry abuot anything.
:smokin:

well can you tell what will be china air force strength in 2025-30 can if you combine them with Pakistan then will be 3 times

well the fact is we are lacking in every field

India condition is different then other nation we must have a strong force with large numbers

we are living in future but reality is very dark even our army is lacking in every field forget china now Pakistan has more advance weapons

I see the Aviation Wing of the Indian Navy to get a lot more bite in the coming years ...
say around 200+ combat aircrafts by 2025???
:coffee:

well can you tell what will be china air force strength in 2025-30

Not exactly, only guesses.

Chengdu J-10: The total requirement is believed to be around 300 aircraft
China to accelerate air force modenisation

Shenyang J-11: 300 approx.
JF-17 Thunder: 300-400 approx.
Shenyang J-8II Finback: 180
Chengdu J-7 Airguard: 350-400
Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker: 70
Sukhoi Su-30MKK Flanker-G: 100
Shenyang J-XX: 200

Total: 1900-2000 approx.

for Current strenght and know more about PLAAF, link is below...
CHINESE AIR POWER - PEOPLE'S LIBERATION ARMY AIR FORCE

can if you combine them with Pakistan then will be 3 times

Pak AF strenght will be somewhere between 300-350 planes.

Adding both, they are not three times.........mind you "two times" and "three times" means a lot here (approximately 1000 fighters).

But can you plz tell me why to add them both? You mean we will need a force which will be equal to total number of PLAAF and PAF.....rite? Why so? Apply the same logic to China...........what do you think their need will be.............Do they need to add USAF, ROKAF, ROCAF, Russian Air Force, IAF and other neighbouring counties' AF fighters to calculate the number of their air force?

well the fact is we are lacking in every field

Really? Please give examples. Your blood group must be B-Negative with so negative thinking. Your login name is enough to give us a hint of your state of mind.

India condition is different then other nation we must have a strong force with large numbers

Please clarify why India's condition is different than other nations? We are suffering natural disasters or attack from USA or USSR (not Russia, mind u)?

What is a strong force according to you? We have one of the largest Army, Air Force, and Navy in the world.

we are living in future but reality is very dark

As far as I can see, we are in very gud situation and our future is also very promising.........Being all the major nations our friend and close ally, we have nothing to fear. Can't say about you, but I am very postive!!!:taz::taz::taz:

even our army is lacking in every field

Then go ahead and shoot yourself in the head. But before that.......support your line (our army is lacking in every field) with examples.

forget china now Pakistan has more advance weapons

And what are those weapons.............Jihadi or mujahideen? Pakistan is struggling itself with many problems and going through one of its most drak age. They need our support not this kind of thinking and we should help them. But as far as force is concerned, we should prepare ourself keeping China in mind. If you prepare for 10th standard, you can clear 4th or 5th easily......simple logic!

Don't be such a chicken. Our forces are strong and very much able to protect our nation. Its their job and they are very gud in that. Some of this might help you...........

When questioned on the capabilities of IAF pilots, Col Greg Newbech, USAF Team Leader made the following remarks: - "What we’ve seen in the last two weeks is, the IAF can stand toe-to-toe with best AF in the world. I pity the pilot who has to face the IAF and chances the day to underestimate him; because he won’t be going home. Indian hospitality from everyone has been truly overwhelming. The greatest compliment we heard from an IAF pilot, 'You American pilots are just like us, simply down to earth people.' We depart India with great respect for the Indian Air Force. Your pilots, maint and support crew are exceptional professionals."

Now, IAF mesmerises Royal Air Force

GWALIOR: A year after proving their mettle against the US Air Force, Indian fighter pilots have now won acclaim from the Royal Air Force after 10 days of intense joint air combat exercises over central India.

"Your fighter pilots are extremely skilled and quick on the button. They can be rated among the best in the world," visiting Air-Vice Marshal Christopher N Harper, chief of RAF's strike operations, said at the conclusion of the first Indo-British air force exercise held after a gap of 43 years.

Not only the men, but their flying machines too came in for awe from pilots and commanders of the RAF.

"It's a super fighter and a mean machine," was how one RAF pilot labelled the IAF's frontline Sukhoi-30MKI combat jet, which along with Mirage 2000s, MiG-27s and upgraded MiG-21 Bisons participated in the exercise with the RAF's mainstay Tornado F-3 air defence aircraft over the skies here.

Following fighter exercise with the US Air Force last year, reports had suggested that IAF pilots had out-performed their American counterparts despite flying ageing jets like the MiG-21.

Last edited:
i think by 2025 we can look at a force of:

300 mki
200 mrca (if news reports are correct, it could be the typhoon)
250 lca (if typhoon is picked, expect lca to have ej-2000 with supercruise and tvc)
100 pak-fa
20 mca
70 mig 29 (i heard upgrade will add 25 years?)
50 mirage 2000 (upgrade costs 50 mil per a/c, they better last a while)
at least 30-40 refuellers (5 or 10 is way too low)
10 phalcon class aewacs

as for the naval air wing,

50 mig-29k (follow on order above 16 already ordered)
50 mrca type a/c (i heard about naval rfp somewhere f-18, typhoon, rafael front runners)
50 lca (naval lca already rolled out?)

i think the naval air wing can easily take of paf, leaving the af to take on plaaf.

by 2025

i expect paf and plaaf to have:

paf:
200 jf-17s (150 confirmed)
70 f-16s (sanctionable)
70 j-10s
10 refuellers
5 aewacs

plaaf:
400 j-10
500 j-11/su-27/su-30mkk
200 j-xx
500 mig-21-mig-27 class aircraft (likely unusable in Himalayas)
100 refuellers?
20 aewacs

plan:
200-300 j-10 naval (su-33 not available)

i dont think plaaf will buy jf-17, they already stated they wouldn't

Yaar read my post again :what:
I specifically mentioned the reason why Su30Mki number will not increase beyond 270 , unless we are in a crisis and require to produce additional jets on an urgent basis:azn:

Wo hi tau reason hai..............By 2022, IAF is expected to have 42 squadrons. And that is not possible without more number of SU-30MKI; agreed? IAF has plans to have an operational fleet of 280 MKIs by 2015. And keeping in mind the previous trend of induction and IAF's love for SU-30MKI, it can be safely concluded that MKI numbers will be increased between 2015-2022.

Secondly The number of LCA is capped at 48 MK1 + 100 MK2 by the airforce , secondly there will not be anymore order for Tejas unless Hal developed a Tejas MK3 with a higher payload and RCS of 1 sqm or iaf requires them to fill the numbers:D ,considering the fact that Present Tejas MK1 has an RCS of 3.5 sqm and payload of 4000+ Kg

What do you think...........LCA should be an Air superiority fighter for greater numbers??? It is what it ment to be........... a 4th generation lightweight multirole jet fighter. Tejas is not to compete with Typhoon or F-22. Compare it with Chengdu J-7 and JF-17 Thunder, which will be backbone for the PLAAF and PAF.

The LCA is very suitable to be the bulk of the IAF. The USAF, etc., will still be reliant on Low RCS not completely stealth platforms to perform the bulk of the tasks. It will be very good mix for the IAF inventory (in very near future)...........

Light weight - Middle weight - Heavy weight
LCA Tejas - MMRCA - SU-30 MKI

Please go through the technical specifications of Tejas. They are comparable to the Sweedish Gripen . Gripen is better than Tejar rite now, no doubt, but it will serve our need..........a Light weight fighter in adequate numbers without being too pricy.

I don't know much about the RCS of Tejas MK1............but it should be lower than other big fighters like EF Typhoon, SU-30MKI, and others. If you have any links about RCS, please provide. Thx in advance.:tup:

Back
Top Bottom