What's new

42 more Sukhoi-30 MKI deal cleared for India

If an additional order of 40 more MKIs is indeed cleared(as we would all like to believe) then total no will become 50+140+ 40+42 +40= 312(-2 crashed) and not 330 as reported in the article.

I think the total is 310. Recent orders would be the 42 ordered directly from Irkut and 40 from HAL.

Whatever the news are coming these days... but you will praise me around 2026-30(if i would be a living creature that time..lol!!), when you seeIAF operating 500 of sukhoi30 MKIs....
I bets....

India To Buy More Su-30sMKIs

The Indian defense ministry says it will buy 42 more Su-30MKI fighters, with deliveries to unfold between 2014-2018.

The total deal is valued at around $4.3 billion. India’s Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. (HAL) would assemble the new Sukhoi fighters, which would bring the Indian Su-30 inventory to more than 250 aircraft and the number of HAL-assembled versions to close to 200 fighters.

Meanwhile, the government says that its third Il-76 airborne early warning aircraft with the Israel Aerospace Industries Elta radar will be inducted into service in December.

And the defense ministry also told parliament that it is ready to introduce into service the 3,000-km. (1,900-mi.)-range Agni-III ballistic missile into service.

Also, the short-range Nag anti-tank weapon being developed by India’s Defense Research and Development Organization has been deemed ready for production by Bharat Dynamics following operational trials. The helicopter-launched Helina version, an offshoot of the Nag, is ready to complete captive-carry trials by HAL, the government says.

India also plans to buy 124 Arjun Mk. II tanks following the purchase of the same number of Arjun Mk. Is this year.

India To Buy More Su-30sMKIs | AVIATION WEEK

Whatever the news are coming these days... but you will praise me around 2026-30(if i would be a living creature that time..lol!!), when you seeIAF operating 500 of sukhoi30 MKIs....
I bets....

If this becomes a reality then I'll kill you for killing LCA ..;)

Not sure if its bad reporting -- but it is confusing...

It seems that in addition of 42 MKI....center again cleared 40 MKI's....you will notice that there has been a considerable price difference between what 42 MKI was worth for and 40 MKI's are worth for ! Leads me to believe both are seperate...but then maybe not.

Will somebody give the exact total no of mki iaf will operate at the end.
i heared that new mki will be super 30 . make it clear to me.
what diffrence between mki and super 30.

India To Buy More Su-30sMKIs

The Indian defense ministry says it will buy 42 more Su-30MKI fighters, with deliveries to unfold between 2014-2018.

The total deal is valued at around $4.3 billion. India’s Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. (HAL) would assemble the new Sukhoi fighters, which would bring the Indian Su-30 inventory to more than 250 aircraft and the number of HAL-assembled versions to close to 200 fighters.

it mean around $100M for per plane. from the letest information from HAL assamble come around $30-50M per plane and Russian built come around $55-60M. cost raise more then Refale & EF. I think the total new is crap..........

new here . been following this forum for about a year . though i just signed up.
i believe the Su 30 MKI will be to the Indian air force now , what the MIG 21 was to it in the 70 and 80 . HAL was able to build huge no and as it was a good fighter it became the backbone of the IAF . the Su30 is in the same boat now so to speak ....
its a good fighter and we are producing about 28 per year . so i feel it will end up being the backbone of the IAF for the next 20 yrs.

I love Sukhoi 30MKI, how gracefully it flies in skies of Pune...I just used to stare at them....lol!! The dog fights practices was a delight for viewers...You can easily compare which plane is more hot..

AIR_Tornado-F3_Eurofighter_SU-30MKI_Top_lg.jpg

And in Indian colours... Most beautiful warplane of earth...

D033659-su30mki-demo.jpg

looking like a HAWK.

I think the price hike is because of the recession and also it will come with AESA radar and french-israeli avionics might seem to be pickpocketing but thats how somethings in defence work which are beyond the horizon of understanding

If an additional order of 40 more MKIs is indeed cleared(as we would all like to believe) then total no will become 50+140+ 40+42 +40= 312(-2 crashed) and not 330 as reported in the article.

The problem seems to be the order of 40, because it was mentioned in 2007 as orders from Russia (for fast induction and to counter the shrinking squad numbers), but now some reports talking about this order as more licence produced by HAL (140+40). I think there is only 1 order for 40 MKIs and now this new for 42, which makes 272 (-2).

Personally, I am a bit uncertain about this new order, because they induction is expected only very late. Two are beeing upgraded and 2 new once as replacements for those that crashed ok, but is there a need to buy another 40 upgraded for $80 - 100 million each, if there are also reports that early versions of Pak Fa will be ready in the same time, for the same costs?
Some reports even said that IAF will buy 50 single seat Pak Fa, althout they don't fit to the doctrine, but then again, why not these early versions, that still offer clear advantages over the upgraded MKIs?

My choice would be:

2 x new upgraded MKIs
20 x Su 34 to replace the Jaguar IMs in the anti ship role (also with Brahmos, new EW and ASW capabilties)
100 x MKI upgrades for older fighters
50 x Pak Fa early versions (and later only fully developed FGFA)

=> 230 MKIs + 20 Su 34 + 50 Pak Fa and later 200 FGFA

I love Sukhoi 30MKI, how gracefully it flies in skies of Pune...I just used to stare at them....lol!! The dog fights practices was a delight for viewers...You can easily compare which plane is more hot..

AIR_Tornado-F3_Eurofighter_SU-30MKI_Top_lg.jpg

And in Indian colours... Most beautiful warplane of earth...

D033659-su30mki-demo.jpg

looking like a HAWK.

Which is the plane in extreme left in first picture...?
First Su-30s..?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom