What's new

4 US soldiers dead in Taliban attack on Bagram Air Base.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Four Americans killed in attack on Afghan base: US official

51c117ead8ab3.jpg

WASHINGTON: Four Americans were killed Tuesday in an attack on Bagram air base by insurgents in Afghanistan, a US defense official said.

The deaths were caused by insurgent “indirect fire,” either mortars or rockets, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

The report of casualties came hours after the Taliban insurgency announced it would enter into peace talks with the Afghan government and the United States, and after Nato formally handed responsibility for security to the Kabul government.

There were no further details of the attack at Bagram, a sprawling base about 30 miles (47 kilometers) north of Kabul that serves as a major hub for US aircraft.

The US military's presence in Afghanistan is roughly 66,000 troops, after having reached a peak of about 100,000 forces.

Four Americans killed in attack on Afghan base: US official - DAWN.COM

What are taliban trying to say to the Americans and Karzai while they are talking to them in Doha and on the other hand attacking extremely well protected targets like Bagram Air base and Kabul's main air port?
@muse @Icarus @F.O.X @Yzd Khalifa ?

Last edited by a moderator:
What are taliban trying to say to the Americans and Karzai while they are talking to them in Doha and on the other hand attacking extremely well protected targets like Bagram Air base and Kabul's main air port?

That they would not tolerate a single American soldiers on their soil and Taliban would rule Afghanistan again and Afghan Army has not chance to stand against them
photo.php

1013509_565661713491835_1902275544_n.jpg

@Aeronaut

I'm shocked :woot:

Just yesterday, for the first time ever in 12 years, the US stated that they are willing to get involve in a political dialogue with the Taliban, and now I'm seeing the Taliban wasting their golden chance :undecided:

,_,

That they would not tolerate a single American soldiers on their soil and Taliban would rule Afghanistan again and Afghan Army has not chance to stand against them
photo.php

1013509_565661713491835_1902275544_n.jpg

Relax, Taliban will return sooner or later. But they have to understand that they will have to work with Pakistan.

From what i get they are saying ... These Dialogues are on Equal terms .. we have made your Life hell in past & we can do so again .

IT is more or less a Message that .. we are not into dialogues because we have gotten weak ..

@Aeronaut

I'm shocked :woot:

Just yesterday, for the first time ever in 12 years, the US stated that they are willing to get involve in a political dialogue with the Taliban, and now I'm seeing the Taliban wasting their golden chance :undecided:

,_,

Relax, Taliban will return sooner or later. But they have to understand that they will have to work with Pakistan.

Sir when Afghan Taliban said their would be no attacks as long as talks take place Sir both things would continue side by side Sir

From what i get they are saying ... These Dialogues are on Equal terms .. we have made your Life hell in past & we can do so again .

IT is more or less a Message that .. we are not into dialogues because we have gotten weak ..

But the US never took a soft stand prior to the announcement being made by the Obama administration, which means, if the Taliban was responsible for the attack, it set a negative impact.

Sir when Afghan Taliban said their would be no attacks as long as talks take place Sir both things would continue side by side Sir

Well, the Taliban have been talking with the Qataris for years now, but nothing happened so far. I'm just startled by the soft stand of the US, which the Taliban responded to it in a negative way.

But the US never took a soft stand prior to the announcement being made by the Obama administration, which means, if the Taliban was responsible for the attack, it set a negative impact.

Well, the Taliban have been talking with the Qataris for years now, but nothing happened so far. I'm just startled by the soft stand of the US, which the Taliban responded to it in a negative way.

Sir both are fighting each other sir no one has stopped attacks on each other Sir the war on ground is still on

Someone doesnot want the US to leave so easily. This would definitely vitiate the mood of the US public.

There are like a hundred groups within Taliban. It could be that some country wants the US to remain engaged for a long time.

In all essence, US and these extremist Taliban warlords are two sides of the same coin.

Someone doesnot want the US to leave so easily. This would definitely vitiate the mood of the US public.

There are like a hundred groups within Taliban. It could be that some country wants the US to remain engaged for a long time.

In all essence, US and these extremist Taliban warlords are two sides of the same coin.
Sir Taliban never said they would not attack USA soldiers while talks are going on the war on ground is still going on Sir

Sir Taliban never said they would not attack USA soldiers while talks are going on the war on ground is still going on Sir

I dont really care about the Taliban or the US. Both have a history of violence.

Well Taliban have learned these tactics from Americans. Americans believe in negotiating from the position of strength and so they hit hard in the last days just as they begin to negotiate to provide the enemy more of a reason to listen to them. Taliban are doing no less. I never thought I would say this about Taliban, but in our language of Education and Pedagogy, we call this " Critical Thinking "...:omghaha:

They want to talk to the Yanks from a position of strength. They don't want to be seen as the ones begging for talks as it would mean they've lost their appetite for combat and on the losing side.

Needless to say, the talks will fail. A statement released today by the Taliban was stunning in its implicit rejection of even the minimum US demands and assertive in its own assumption of Afghan leadership and how it would achieve its objectives.

So, it's back to square one!

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom