What's new

4 US soldiers dead in Taliban attack on Bagram Air Base.

Well,

I believe that the Taliban have wasted a chance on a plate of gold, especially when they took for responsibility for the attack. Interestingly, Bagram Air base is highly secured and being monitred 24/7 which refutes claim like The ISI maight have assisted them, which is good for both of us.

The problem is that the Taliban have been talking to the Qataris for years now about setting a new start for terrorist-free Afghanistan, but now we are seeing something different.

What is startling is that just two days ago the US made a very positive remark toward the Taliban stating that they're willing to talk, and frankly I'm worried about the US reaction toward Pakistan more than the Karazi's regime or anyone else. Karazi and his crew are nothing but conniving reprobates, always on the move to bad-mouth Pakitsan. Mr. Karazi must realize that he shouldn't play with Pakistan because he will get his head chopped off if he did.

I don't believe that Mullah Omar is dead or doesn't want to talk to the US, maybe he tried to send a message to them that we are here. We have to wait and see for quite sometime for now.

Specially , when they were being negotiated with seriously since the withdrawal will take place soon , for a part in future Govt in Afghanistan , yes . ISI is more interested in securing its own country , about time the Americans realize that .

To no avail , an exercise in futility with the Taliban leaders enjoying lavish life in Doha .

The U.S. is known to do that , remember the ANA . The Americans said that they are ready to lead the country , the same Americans gave the statement latr explaining the grave condition of the Afghan forces relating to morale , training , green on blue , heavy drug use , corruption and AWOL , all in one week time period ! US reaction towards Pakistan will be the same ' do more do more ' while they do nothing to control the other side of the border . Karzai - The Mayor of the Presidential Palace is an insignificant little pawn in the larger scheme of things . He can churn out anti Pakistan statements 24/7 but it wont make any difference than cause further problems for him .

The real question is ' what if Mullah Omar is negotiated with ? ' . Will the other Taliban factions accept it or denounce him as an American agent and continue the war ? I believe the latter is more true .

Perhaps but the commonly held belief is that the GHQ does believe that it can maintain some sort of control over Af under the talibs or through influence through the Haqqanis? Might not turn out to be so rosy.

Anything but rosy . I consider it more of a ' lesser of the two evils ' thing and the result of ' problems ' which come with , neighboring that country .

Well,

I believe that the Taliban have wasted a chance on a plate of gold, especially when they took for responsibility for the attack. Interestingly, Bagram Air base is highly secured and being monitred 24/7 which refutes claim like The ISI maight have assisted them, which is good for both of us.

The problem is that the Taliban have been talking to the Qataris for years now about setting a new start for terrorist-free Afghanistan, but now we are seeing something different.

What is startling is that just two days ago the US made a very positive remark toward the Taliban stating that they're willing to talk, and frankly I'm worried about the US reaction toward Pakistan more than the Karazi's regime or anyone else. Karazi and his crew are nothing but conniving reprobates, always on the move to bad-mouth Pakitsan. Mr. Karazi must realize that he shouldn't play with Pakistan because he will get his head chopped off if he did.

I don't believe that Mullah Omar is dead or doesn't want to talk to the US, maybe he tried to send a message to them that we are here. We have to wait and see for quite sometime for now.

Sir they haven't wasted anything first USA even knew that they would not stop attacks during Talks and they are far more powerful than they were ten years ago if talks fail they will still be fighting and soon USA would run away and these ANA guys they would run away within months sir

Depends upon how much support the Talibs can gain from the southern areas of Afghanistan. It will again be an ethnic divide and quite likely , it may end up as a fractured country with the South being held(as it is now to quite an extent) by the Talibs and the north with the warlords of the NA.

Sir they are getting support and these ANA guys don't stand a chance Sir they would run away with in months

Spot on . What does that tell us , my friend ? There is no hope of negotiating with these people - none at all . Mullah Omar then , in the delusions of his power refused to talk on the matter with the people , who could have saved him maybe . What chance do you think you have , now ?

There are a dozen factions operating under that name , my friend , do you think that will happen ?

Did I ever tell you , what the definition of ' insanity ' was ? Insanity is doing the exact... same thing... over and over again, expecting... sh!t to change. - Vaas repeating the Einstein's definition of insanity in FarCry3 .

Can you name those dozen factions?

Sir they are getting support and these ANA guys don't stand a chance Sir they would run away with in months

Who are they getting the support from? Not everyone..
Moreover, the ANA still have their strongholds in the north and they will continue to hold those territories. Which is why I refer to the 90's situation.

Back
Top Bottom