What's new

3 suspected Chinese spies arrested at Indo-Nepal border

Let's recap, 2 men, 1 woman, took pictures of a PARA-military camp and border checkpoint, and these eager weekend soldiers grabbed them.

Meanwhile Indian members are ignoring

1) The fact, these "target" are of minuscule military value.
2) These Paramilitary bellends are probably ultra-patriotic eager beavers craving "action"

I'll eat my hat, if this was an actual spy mission.

damn, no way we can catch some Chinese fishermen, lets grab some Chinese tourists instead.

Japan, S.Korea, take that!

Last edited:
and it's like a message to us Chinese: hey, you better dont come to India for holiday.

Yup not without visa and proper paperwork, India-China Friendship has'nt reached that stage where we can let each other in without visa:lol:.

And as for the rest of you trolls, put yourselves in our shoes. Picture this, three Indian nationals sneak into China through Nepal without visa or permit and start talking photos near your armed forces camps. What would you do? what would any country too :hitwall:

Yup not without visa and proper paperwork, India-China Friendship has'nt reached that stage where we can let each other in without visa:lol:.

And as for the rest of you trolls, put yourselves in our shoes. Picture this, three Indian nationals sneak into China through Nepal without visa or permit and start talking photos near your armed forces camps. What would you do? what would any country too :hitwall:

coz if those 3 are spies, wouldnt they at least get proper tourist documents before hand? NO spy is that dumb.

and 4 days have passed, have they been released yet???
for sure many Chinese would worry.

coz if those 3 are spies, wouldnt they at least get proper tourist documents before hand? NO spy is that dumb.

and 4 days have passed, have they been released yet???
for sure many Chinese would worry.

Am not saying they are spies, neither is the original news article( It says suspected spies) suspected being the key word. Reasons for being suspicious: No paperwork, and taking pictures of security establishment after having crossed into India through Nepal

Having said that, they probably are innocent in which case Chinese Embassy must be looking into the case, so people like you and me need not worry about it.
:cheers:

Why would the Chinese take photos of army camps, China can do that from google earth for an ccount for $19.99 a month? China can also do that from spy satellites, does not make any sense.

Why would the Chinese take photos of army camps, China can do that from google earth for an ccount for $19.99 a month? China can also do that from spy satellites, does not make any sense.

Unfortunately thats how things work? Why was an Indian caught in KP not too long ago? He was a RAW agent wasn't he?:rolleyes:. Satellites not an answer to everything.

Am not saying these Chinese nationals were spies, but we can't let them go without investigation for a few things, illegal entry into India being one of them.

which reminds me how chinese govt. got paranoid in 2006 when their military installation locations were being displayed on google earth.at times i love the yanks.

Am not saying they are spies, neither is the original news article( It says suspected spies) suspected being the key word. Reasons for being suspicious: No paperwork, and taking pictures of security establishment after having crossed into India through Nepal

Having said that, they probably are innocent in which case Chinese Embassy must be looking into the case, so people like you and me need not worry about it.
:cheers:

No Chinese here is disputing that they may have violated Indian law. We are just feel concerned that they have already been tagged as "spies" before any proof says so. Spying is a very serious accusation.

I think Chinese people who are planning to visit India should be very careful when staying in India, given Indian people's deep paranoia displayed in this episode.

Last edited:
No Chinese here is disputing that they may have violated Indian law. We are just feel concerned that they have already been tagged as "spies" before any proof says so. Spying is a very serious accusation.
These are the articles in Indian newspapers. They show everything with spices. These Chinese nationals are detained for time being because atleast they entered into India without documents. Rest is the process of discussion between the 2 governments.

These are the articles in Indian newspapers. They show everything with spices..

Well, that is what deeply concerns us. Such baselss news with hyped and unconfirmed accusation is costing Chinese and Chinese companies reputation.

I don't think it is a polite move to imply those three Chinese people to be spies before the authority of India says so.

Some Chinese media are quoting Indian reports as an indication of India's paranoia toward China. If those 3 Chinese are proved to be innocent, the damage caused to both sides will be hard to be restored. I believe this is part of the reason for the constant tension between China and India.

These Chinese nationals are detained for time being because atleast they entered into India without documents. Rest is the process of discussion between the 2 governments.

Well, like I said, no one is disputing that.

Well, if you cross the border illegaly,and start taking pictures of a military establishment then you invite trouble, well lets hope they were some tourists who unintentionally got into a lot of trouble.

I think Chinese people who are planning to visit India should be very careful when staying in India, given Indian people's deep paranoia displayed in this episode.

Once again the newspaper said"suspected" spies, and given the circumstances these people were caught in any country in the world would suspect them.

BTW heres what the officials had to say and was quoted in the aforementioned article
Superintendent of Police Sanjay Kakkar told TOI that SSB jawans held three Chinese nationals, Mipix Utidong, Hanksang and Chainlong, all residents of Shanghai, on Monday night. The Chinese nationals were spotted taking photographs of the SSB camp, Indo-Nepal gate and activities of the SSB. Kakkar added that they did not possess passports and visas and entered Indian territory illegally. The SP said that during interrogation, the Chinese nationals claimed that they were engineers working in Nepal on a Chinese project.

Intelligence agencies deployed on the Indo-Nepal border are interrogating them through translators. During interrogation it was learnt that they had arrived by a vehicle till the border, parked the vehicle there and then entered Indian territory on foot.

SSB Commandant Devanand said that prima facie it seemed that they had come here as spies. He said that three other Chinese were held recently while taking pictures and sent to Delhi after interrogation.

Hope that clears it up. Besides after interrogation they were sent to Delhi most probably handed over to the Chinese consular officials. I mean its not that hard to understand. If tomorrow i rock up at say one of the Chinese outposts in Tibet without visa or permit and start taking photos what would the consequences be. Some people here argue just for the sake of arguing :rolleyes:

Don't behave like they are caught inside your territory.

Do they have any document to prove themselves as tourist??If yes,then no law can take them to custody..If no here arises a Big problem ..:tongue:

Back
Top Bottom