What's new

3 retired Generals to be court-martialed in NLC scam

If anyone involved in crime acts, General, Bureaucrat, Diplomat, Political leader or civilian; they must be equally punished.

I agree with fatman, if they are truly guilty, strip them from their retirement services and enlist them on 'Hall of Shame'.

Golden words: 'It's not about a person, it's about the post (rank).'

isn't court-Martial applicable only to serving military personnel?

I think in certain cases civilians can also be court martialed but in this case they have been reinstated.

All retired generals should be court martialed.

Anyway, life goes on for the pesky civilians.

65 years of plundring and national rape by PA=trial of 3 crooks what about the 1000,s who got away? My question is to all fair minded members how they get their promotions? my mind bogles don,t they have in the PA character analysis system before one being promoted to the rank of a genaral really think. Why is that most corrupt generals in the world come from PA

Military among least corrupt in Pakistan - Hindustan Times

You should feel shame for raising such accusation without any proof.

The thing is, are these corrupt generals being taken to task or not, if yes, that's what is required out of any society who wants to prosper. So there is no need to play dirty or go on wild tangents just to show your frustration.

Or may be you want that i should also start with Roger Training Academy, Victorian Police and others involved in corruption in Australia?

No they are not resisting actually they are helping, PA is already through with investigations and now needs to prosecute. Rest assure they will be treated justly and if any of the parties or someone is not satisfied, case can be taken to higher courts, in this case may be supreme court (am not sure about the level of court). At least now the case will not be prosecuted like Haj, efidren, NICL or NRO case. Me and many others who want to see logical conclusion are thankful to PA.

the case was delayed for three long years because records were not shared with PAC.

secondly, appeal is also made in marshal court..

the whole point is rule of law and precedence which Kiyani wants to avoid that is handing over sawa lakh ka hathi to face bloody civilian courts.

nonetheless, another history is being made by Pakistan Army... reinstating retired generals :lol:

as far as punishment is concern, the simple punishment you expect in this case for serving officer is to face shooting squad... Brig Ali charges were of instigating mutiny and conspiring with help of a foreign organization, anyone comprehending the seriousness of the charges know very well the punishment, but 5 years of imprisonment, is no way satisfactory to anyone out there for the rule of law and accountability of the military !!

@Leader

If you had an iota of understanding how militaries the world over work, you would have known that as per military law even dead soldiers can be court martialed (unlike the bloody civilian courts which close the case if the culprit is dead), and that in any military it is a (very) normal practice to reinstate retired personnel for court martial, because as a function of common sense only serving personnel can be subjected to the MPML (Manual of Pakistan Military Law).

But, only if you had an iota of understanding of how militaries work.

So stop mongering, it only shows your desperation, frustration, lack of knowledge and that you have left with nothing useful to contribute to this thread.

@leader
I don't know you are ignorant or biased, what wrong you have found in reinstating them for court martial, whatever court decides either the ex Generals will go for appeal or who stops you going to higher courts that culprits have been awarded less punishment and they deserved more.
As far as Brig Ali's case what do you think a person after 28 years of service is sent home without any benefits, pension and five years to be spent in jail is worse than any death punishment. Secondly there is difference in punishments for offences committed in peace and war periods.
I think you need to change specticals for looking into this issue.

@leader
I don't know you are ignorant or biased, what wrong you have found in reinstating them for court martial, whatever court decides either the ex Generals will go for appeal or who stops you going to higher courts that culprits have been awarded less punishment and they deserved more.
As far as Brig Ali's case what do you think a person after 28 years of service is sent home without any benefits, pension and five years to be spent in jail is worse than any death punishment. Secondly there is difference in punishments for offences committed in peace and war periods.
I think you need to change specticals for looking into this issue.

If you remember the case of that Chief of Naval Staff for corruption, he was also tried and stripped off his retirement benefits, was ordered to give back every penny of his ill earned money and was barred from using the title 'Admiral Retired' for life.

Now some said that this is no punishment that one cannot use his rank/designation after retirement, i wonder how would Khan of Kalat feel or Nawab Akbar Bugti feel or Sir Syed Ahmed Khan feel if they were to let go off their titles (Khan of, Nawab, Sir etc) in their life times.

Different degree of punishments have different impression on different people; a baysta, begairat, water proof type insaan might not be worried if he is striped of his father's name, but others might commit suicide on this.

And hence i wonder, why was Gillani given a symbolic 30 second punishment?

@Leader

If you had an iota of understanding how militaries the world over work, you would have known that as per military law even dead soldiers can be court martialed (unlike the bloody civilian courts which close the case if the culprit is dead), and that in any military it is a (very) normal practice to reinstate retired personnel for court martial, because as a function of common sense only serving personnel can be subjected to the MPML (Manual of Pakistan Military Law).

But, only if you had an iota of understanding of how militaries work.

So stop mongering, it only shows your desperation, frustration, lack of knowledge and that you have left with nothing useful to contribute to this thread.

Captain Yasir from the Navy who died was court marshal for avoiding SOP. but neither Ayub nor Zia and neither will Musharraf be court marshal for misusing their authority, lets not get into it who gets to be court marshal.

PAC was to refer the corruption to NAB, however the desperate military elite is trying to protect its retired officers from facing the bloody civilian courts for the "public money" being misused.. after all this is the authority that was dealing the corruption case.

rest see my post no 39.

Captain Yasir from the Navy who died was court marshal for avoiding SOP. but neither Ayub nor Zia and neither will Musharraf be court marshal for misusing their authority, lets not get into it who gets to be court marshal.

PAC was to refer the corruption to NAB, however the desperate military elite is trying to protect its retired officers from facing the bloody civilian courts for the "public money" being misused.. after all this is the authority that was dealing the corruption case.

rest see my post no

BTW, the NAB chairman himself met COAS 3-4 times and then asked him to re-instate the generals and then try them. So, it was a NAB request as I understand it.

Who the fcuk did say anything about who gets to be court martialed.

Leader janab, mootar mai machlian na pakro abhi, coz you will find none!

Back
Top Bottom