What's new

3 retired Generals to be court-martialed in NLC scam

Why should we be thankful for army to prosecute three criminals for abusing the trust of the whole nation ?, what kind of thinking is that? Remember its the same army who named Yahya khan (general) "tiger" for losing half the pakistan , wake up my friend this army thinks pakistan is their hoar and they can rape her whenever they want
What could you have done if this case too was swept under the carpet?

This is not the first case of embezzlement in the military, how many others have been taken to task for their misdoing previously?

So yes sir, you should be thankful that under Gen Kayani the military has broken all the myths to begin with making generals answerable to the Parliament and SSDC, taking a back seat from the politics, closing the political wing of ISI, baring the military to oversee national elections in 2008 so that your likes should keep your beaks shut and dont accuse the military of rigging the elections and so on and so forth.

It was also under him that the military came out clean with its business venture

Otherwise, you dont see the military bending over to such an extent.

So yessir, you should be thankful, or else guys like you have been crying foul for over 6 decades now, and you have seen how much effect did it have over the military.

And now next time if i saw your likes weeping of 'shia genocide' and the military not taking any action, you should be sentenced to death by Jojo ;)

Are dumb or what?

The Officers were specifically reinstated so that they can be tried by a court martial. Not because as now they have been reinstated so per force they had to be tried by a court martial. Dont try to twists words. It reflects poor on your integrity and is morally unjustified!

It will be through these court martials that they may be further tried by a civilian court. Moreover, every military has its laws which are stricter than their counterpart on the civilian side and uniforms are supposed to be tried by a military court first (though not necessarily) and then if one decides to hand over the case to the civilian court, that can also be done.

Why dont you losers just be thankful that it is the first time in the history of Islamic Warfare that a Pakistani general (rather 3 akhtay) are being tried after all.

Otherwise, they would have been done no harm and you rondoos would have just fed the internet with some more mongering for a while, which would then die its own death when the steam had ran out.

Buggers! You have just been witness to a history into making!

Cheer up!

Well, as we can see that you are a disciple of Sir MK, i would rather not comment on such a childish request.

BTW, we have seen what your shooting squad has done to the likes of Zardari and others who have ravage this country like hell. Aik khat tu likhwa nahi sakay tum log despite the fact that the entire country knows (other than your likes) that a criminal is leading our national portfolio.

It's like the happenings in villages, where everyone less the Police knows who the thief or dacoit is, but still the Police will arrest the guy who has been the victim of the theft!

And now when the military has atlast broken a myth, you mongers still are not satisfied.

You wept about the business venture by the military, and you were facepalmed by that thread which i created.

So you shifted your poles and started mongering over ISI, when that was cleared up, you took on the matter of Balochistan, when that was settled you fell in love with Bugti, and when this was cleared that Bugti was not infact 'murdered' by the military, you started concentrating over NLC, and now when this is going to meet its justified end, you shameless creatures are still up with your daggers drawn.

Oye kis beysharam mittay k banay hoye ho tum log?

Leader, i think i have told you this before also, but i am going to say it once again...you are doing a hellouva job from keeping me, my colleagues and my under commands to vote for PTI during the next elections!

:tup:

Beyond the LAW

THE move is so brazen that it would be amusing if it wasn’t deeply worrying: three retired generals inducted back into the military simply to prevent the civilian anti-corruption set-up from trying them for mismanagement of public funds. The three former army men accused of violating rules to invest National Logistics Cell funds, including large bank loans, in the stock market — and providing kickbacks and losing nearly Rs2bn in the process, including pensioners’ money — will now be court-martialled instead of being investigated by NAB. The two civilian NLC managers also accused of wrongdoing will, meanwhile, continue to be subject to the NAB probe. The decision follows three years of delays in the investigation caused mainly by the army’s refusal to share records and cooperate with the probe. And after all that foot-dragging, the military has finally found a way out. The inquiry and trial of its own men will be kept behind closed doors, despite the fact that they have squandered public money. The message is clear: the military expects to be able to operate as a state within a state, an organisation exempt from the rules and responsibilities under which the rest of the population operates.

The move also raises questions, once again, about the appropriateness of the army’s involvement in commercial ventures. Even those that administratively report to civilian organisations, such as the NLC, which technically sits under the Planning Commission, are effectively controlled by the army through managers who are retired and serving officers. The multiple reporting lines, limited civilian auditing and military influence that result make it all the more difficult to scrutinise their operations and their use of public funds. When they provide goods and services entirely unrelated to defence, they raise questions about whether running them is the best use of the army’s time and resources. In some sectors, their military connections turn them into market players that enjoy unfair advantages compared to private companies. And now this privileged position has allowed one such entity to avoid a civilian investigation and trial to which, as retired officers, its former managers should be liable.

Corruption within the Pakistani state is not limited to the army; from the country’s top politicians to its lower-level bureaucrats, government officials entertain and horrify us with a steady stream of scams. With the Malik Riaz scandal, even the superior judiciary’s honour has been called into question. But at least these entities are subject to public investigations and trials, no matter how tainted or delayed. When the army takes a case into a military court, it turns a flawed investigation into an unseen one.

Beyond the law | DAWN.COM

Leader, i think i have told you this before also, but i am going to say it once again...you are doing a hellouva job from keeping me, my colleagues and my under commands to vote for PTI during the next elections!

sign of a weak mind... tch !!

It's interesting to see how the hate-mongers always find a reason to satisfy their lust for bashing the military.

Like i said, whatever the military do to satiate your ill felling, you guys wont stop.

You guys are like those habitual rascals in school who will never behave till the time their azzez are warmed up :rolleyes1:

Three generals reinstated for court martial

Three generals reinstated for court martial - thenews.com.pk

This is probably to save their men from regular court trial and the so called court marshal will only give them nominal punishments, in short sawa lakh ka hathi bhi bacha liya :rolleyes:

lolz at civil courts kabhi court se wasta para hai??????????:rofl: ager civil court gaay to case chalta rahy ga tareekh parti rahy gee or mazy hi mazy

judge raat ko 12 bajy bhi zamanat per sign kerty dekhy hain main ne civil court se ziada corrupt or koi jaga nhi . court marshal will insure punishment :tup:

The elements of security forces are also as corrupt as civillians; these sacred cows should tried in civil courts as an ordinary pakistani. They are selected from civillian masses and are not angels falling from skies.

Today, Pakistan is in such miserable state due to these dictators. All their policies which they adopted since last 65 years and pressurized civillians to adopt since were proved disastrous and counter productive.

They were unable to defend Pakistan even their own installations and assets. They are not feared from Allah but from USA/NATO and India.

Shamefully failed to tell the nation that, why they were unable to detect USA Seal's operation right into their heart? Why they are unable to defend Pakistan from drones? Why they were unable to defend their 24 commrades in the result of US/Nato attack.

Is it not a time to overhaul the security forces for such incompatible and corrupt elements?

For corruption there should be only one parameter/standard to judge and not parallel systems.

I think these are new scams started by the corrupt & evil politicians so that they can continue to do what they are doing which is to hurt & destabilize Pakistan, plus this is a new way to divert peoples attention away from them & blame Pakistan Army, show them as evil & culprits.

It is up to people to decide who is right & who is wrong.

For me politicians are the enemies of Pakistan.

The elements of security forces are also as corrupt as civillians; these sacred cows should tried in civil courts as an ordinary pakistani. They are selected from civillian masses and are not angels falling from skies.

Today, Pakistan is in such miserable state due to these dictators. All their policies which they adopted since last 65 years and pressurized civillians to adopt since were proved disastrous and counter productive.

They were unable to defend Pakistan even their own installations and assets. They are not feared from Allah but from USA/NATO and India.

Shamefully failed to tell the nation that, why they were unable to detect USA Seal's operation right into their heart? Why they are unable to defend Pakistan from drones? Why they were unable to defend their 24 commrades in the result of US/Nato attack.

Is it not a time to overhaul the security forces for such incompatible and corrupt elements?

For corruption there should be only one parameter/standard to judge and not parallel systems.

the problem is, they, the military establishment is resisting the rule of law... which will surely result in something bad for all of us.. and wont be the first time, God forbid...

Xeric, could you pm me a compact profile @ Lt. General Khalid Munir? Did he retire back in 2003?

What could you have done if this case too was swept under the carpet?

This is not the first case of embezzlement in the military, how many others have been taken to task for their misdoing previously?

So yes sir, you should be thankful that under Gen Kayani the military has broken all the myths to begin with making generals answerable to the Parliament and SSDC, taking a back seat from the politics, closing the political wing of ISI, baring the military to oversee national elections in 2008 so that your likes should keep your beaks shut and dont accuse the military of rigging the elections and so on and so forth.

It was also under him that the military came out clean with its business venture

Otherwise, you dont see the military bending over to such an extent.

So yessir, you should be thankful, or else guys like you have been crying foul for over 6 decades now, and you have seen how much effect did it have over the military.

And now next time if i saw your likes weeping of 'shia genocide' and the military not taking any action, you should be sentenced to death by Jojo ;)

65 years of plundring and national rape by PA=trial of 3 crooks what about the 1000,s who got away? My question is to all fair minded members how they get their promotions? my mind bogles don,t they have in the PA character analysis system before one being promoted to the rank of a genaral really think. Why is that most corrupt generals in the world come from PA

Only tip of the ice berg. PA is the most corrupt institution in pakistan. PA,s generals have shown their liking for managing financial institutions, real estate ventures and just being in glittering corporate enviorment they are so brave as one would expect from a general that they gamble billions of Rupees on stock exchane , interesting point is, for that they make sure the money being used for that gambling belongs to u and me. We all know their history of producing dictators and supporting them as long as it suits them. One thing they not good at is defending and wining for pakistan ,attacks on navel and air bases and GHQ it,s self for that not one senior officer has been punished not to mention 100,s of millions of $ of damages to oridinary pakistani coz of that negligence does,t make sense to me does it to u?

Yep may be these three People were corrupt and should get dose of what they did. By declaring PA as most corrupt, I think you are expressing your ignorance. We sitting in Pakistan know Better than Aussies what is going on.

Why should we be thankful for army to prosecute three criminals for abusing the trust of the whole nation ?, what kind of thinking is that? Remember its the same army who named Yahya khan (general) "tiger" for losing half the pakistan , wake up my friend this army thinks pakistan is their hoar and they can rape her whenever they want

So far they are not proved criminals, yes sufficient evidence exists for the losses caused due to their corruption or incompitence. Let the courts establish their crime and then be punished as per the law of land. Why should we be thankful to army cause these courts will punish them before they die. What civil courts have done putting AZ behind the bars for years without decision and the guy is PoP.

You need to google around about the title "tiger" for someone.

the problem is, they, the military establishment is resisting the rule of law... which will surely result in something bad for all of us.. and wont be the first time, God forbid...

No they are not resisting actually they are helping, PA is already through with investigations and now needs to prosecute. Rest assure they will be treated justly and if any of the parties or someone is not satisfied, case can be taken to higher courts, in this case may be supreme court (am not sure about the level of court). At least now the case will not be prosecuted like Haj, efidren, NICL or NRO case. Me and many others who want to see logical conclusion are thankful to PA.

Back
Top Bottom