What's new

27 Feb 19: PAF shot down two Indian aircrafts inside Pakistani airspace: DG ISPR

Why #IndianAirForce downed their own #Mi17 helicopter on February 27 last year? Analyst AVM. Shahzad Chaudhry (r) says the electromagnetic spectrum was quite confusing for Indian Air Force on that day, which led to the incident.

Take away: Network centric warfare is required. India, listen to praven swahney

Last edited:
Just a few months old, but I thought i'd share with you all - at the off chance you missed it.

I've already time-stamped it at 6:00, so just click 'Play'.

Pravin Sawhney (once again) gives his straight forward views of the Balakot Strikes & the response.

[Yaar, ye bunda tou Indian Armed Forces ke patloon utar-daita hai - without remorse]

@araz @airomerix @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Bilal. @Hodor @Irfan Baloch @Imran Khan @SQ8 @Windjammer @The Eagle @Akh1112 @aliyusuf @AMRAAM @ARMalik @Cookie Monster @GriffinsRule @GumNaam @HRK @iLION12345_1 @masterchief_mirza @Metal 0-1 @Mrc @mshan44 @NA71 @PAKISTANFOREVER @Path-Finder @PWFI @Rafi @Riz @Stealth @The Accountant @The Raven @TheSnakeEatingMarkhur @TheTallGuy @Thorough Pro @TOPGUN @Trango Towers @Viper27 @White and Green with M/S @Yasser76 @Zarvan @ziaulislam @PradoTLC

Just a few months old, but I thought i'd share with you all - at the off chance you missed it.

Pravin Sawhney (once again) gives his straight forward views of the Balakot Strikes & the response.

[Yaar, ye bunda tou Indian Armed Forces ke patloon utar-daita hai - without remorse]

@araz @airomerix @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Bilal. @Hodor @Irfan Baloch @Imran Khan @SQ8 @Windjammer @The Eagle @Akh1112 @aliyusuf @AMRAAM @ARMalik @Cookie Monster @GriffinsRule @GumNaam @HRK @iLION12345_1 @masterchief_mirza @Metal 0-1 @Mrc @mshan44 @NA71 @PAKISTANFOREVER @Path-Finder @PWFI @Rafi @Riz @Stealth @The Accountant @The Raven @TheSnakeEatingMarkhur @TheTallGuy @Thorough Pro @TOPGUN @Trango Towers @Viper27 @White and Green with M/S @Yasser76 @Zarvan @ziaulislam @PradoTLC
negative. people like pravin sawhney are die hard indian patriots and resent the piss poor performance of the politicized indian military. Pakistan's intelligencia will do well not to let people pravin sawhney's intellect come into power or even become influencers...We WANT to keep ignorance violin players like surrendera modi in charge so that india continues to burn.

Still he is an Indian...failed to admit the su30mki loss

[Yaar, tumhay tou pakee-pakai Biryani bhe ch-ye - aur ye bhee demand kar rahy ho kay khoobsorat pardosan (neighbor) khood dai kar jaey.]

Ofcourse he's not going to mention something that we too haven't given any hard evidence of ourselves.

But the fact of the matter is that he's very critical of the IAF & their performance. I may be wrong, but I think he served with one of their Armed Forces. I don't know, maybe i'm confusing him with someone else.

Guys like Pravin Sawhney are real dangerous for us because he is using his brain, he is not BJP or Indian military hater , but he just hammering them to stop talking silly and learn new tactics to dater pak and china together

- He's doing India good if he's pointing out mistakes. People like him reduce the risk of complacency creeping in.
- He pointed out something "ap (Army) Rajneeti se nikal jaaye". Imagine some veteran said the same thing in Pakistan, someone who had retired at the rank of Pravin Sawhney (I think he retired a captain or major). People would've mocked his rank a million times before dismissing him as an Indian agent or anti-national.

negative. people like pravin sawhney are die hard indian patriots and resent the piss poor performance of the politicized indian military. Pakistan's intelligencia will do well not to let people pravin sawhney's intellect come into power or even become influencers...We WANT to keep ignorance violin players like surrendera modi in charge so that india continues to burn.

- Indian armed forces have become increasingly politicized for the past 20+ years. Kargil (without commenting on absolute results) was a real shock for India and their generals had to resort to politicking to save face for getting caught off guard. Some in the ruling party wanted blood and generals had no real choice but to find political support and this has only increased with time. Unfortunately our generals helped themselves into politics in the 50s so by 1971, they already had enough influence in politics to not face full accountability. Here are some key takeaways and lessons for us.
  1. Indian Army's politicking has had a detrimental effect on India's defenses. We should also think how something that has hurt Myanmar, Bangladesh, Iran, India in our region would not hurt Pakistan (military diving in politics).
  2. Indian army has its own Army of right wing hyper-national patriots these days who amplify the IT cell's influence by freely taking down any resentment towards Indian forces. Anyone criticizing Army (people like Sawhney) are raked over the coals and called anti-nationals. Sawhney keeps Indian defense forces honest and wants them to be more answerable. We agree he's a die hard Indian patriot but he's labeled as anti-national in his country. Similarly, if someone wants our Army to be more answerable and be less political, shouldn't he be considered a die hard patriot Pakistani and not an anti-national? Sometimes lessons to be learnt are so obvious, lest we reflect.
  3. By any stretch, India's Army isn't as politicized as ours, not yet at least.
- Sawhney has been photographed at Pakistan's stalls at defense expos, he seems well respected. That often riles the less blessed in the neurological department in India to doubt his patriotism which is the most we can expect to gain with his connection to Pakistan.
Also, your quote 'India continues to burn' is a bit of a stretch. They're not behind us in macroeconomic or human development indicators so if they're burning, where are we. We should seriously think why we always think about pulling someone down the ladder instead of rising up higher ourselves. The latter requires us to work harder! I am sure you agree China has benefited more by building its economy and industrial prowess vs US and Japan than by its espionage efforts!

- Su30MKI was largely inconsequential soon after the incident in light of Mig21/Abhinandan, Mi17 fratricide and 0 evidence of F16. Why expect an Indian to admit it when PAF that shot the jet never felt compelled to release any evidence in the public domain. For what its worth, he didn't support India's F16 claim either which is still better than 99% of Indians who cannot process what was fairly obvious from the day of the incident.

I think he served with one of their Armed Forces. I don't know, maybe i'm confusing him with someone else.

He served with the Indian Army and retired quite early. Imagine a Pakistani retired captain taking our generals to task, and how he would be treated in Pakistan. I'd wager worse than how Indians treat Sawhney!

Guys like Pravin Sawhney are real dangerous for us because he is using his brain

Pakistani guys similar to Sawhney's critics in India are a greater danger to us. Those who search JF17 on Youtube, Twitter and bombard every video with silly comments rather than make them useful for Pakistan.

Last edited:
Pakistani guys similar to Sawhney's critics in India are a greater danger to us. Those who search JF17 on Youtube, Twitter and bombard every video with silly comments rather than make them useful for Pakistan.
There is that one guy who was a journalist of some sort, but was kicked out for some reason. I think he's somewhere in Europe & has some YouTube Channel where he spits Venom towards Pakistan.

One should read the 'Comments' on his videos by his Indian fanbase. 'Sir' is the tile used for him.

limited warfare because of American influence is out-dated.
Still, they can limit the conflict between Pak/India. I am afraid more about short sightedness of Dehli. Modi/Yogi (Jogi) like can influence I.General's recommendation and can escalate to higher level. Currently, media, judiciary, CDS chief all have been subjugated. A spineless general can surrender to extremist PM wishes and can do out of the box thing. Perhaps, US even won't have time to mediate.

@Windjammer @HRK
How plausible is this hunch. I also agree with this hypohesis bcz the heli was too deep for the DF-20
Quite Possible but again all are theories as whatever information is available in open source is opposite to his hunch ....

Just as an example: fratricide of Indian Helicopter indicated that the radar of Spider SAM was working properly as it successfully detected and tracked the helicopter as target .... So if Indian were also employing EW ad were jamming "All the Frequencies including their own" than how their raddars were working properly and why they chose to jamm only that frequency which was used for their own communication .... ???

Its quite illogical (at least for me)

Keep in mind our Jets were not in the vicinity where this incident took place, so there was no reason for the employment of EW by PAF in tha area.

Our blinders were flying on our side of LOC so it could not be case of EW by PAF
@Windjammer @HRK
How plausible is this hunch. I also agree with this hypohesis bcz the heli was too deep for the DF-20

I think @Signalian is the right person to respond to your query

"All the Frequencies including their own" than how their raddars were working properly and why they chose to jamm only that frequency which was used for their own communication .... ???
This post explains that due to lack of synergy and coordination, this can happen.
The jammer guys on command, just jammed everything. He might not know the comms used byt IAF/IA etc.

Quite Possible but again all are theories as whatever information is available in open source is opposite to his hunch ....

Just as an example: fratricide of Indian Helicopter indicated that the radar of Spider SAM was working properly as it successfully detected and tracked the helicopter as target .... So if Indian were also employing EW ad were jamming "All the Frequencies including their own" than how their raddars were working properly and why they chose to jamm only that frequency which was used for their own communication .... ???

Its quite illogical (at least for me)

Keep in mind our Jets were not in the vicinity where this incident took place, so there was no reason for the employment of EW by PAF in tha area.

Our blinders were flying on our side of LOC so it could not be case of EW by PAF

I think @Signalian is the right person to respond to your query
Perhaps he meant that they jammed the communications between air defence and HSR heli. Most likely the IAF never properly trained for a situation of having to use HSR with that particular air defence unit before.

There is that one guy who was a journalist of some sort, but was kicked out for some reason. I think he's somewhere in Europe & has some YouTube Channel where he spits Venom towards Pakistan.

One should read the 'Comments' on his videos by his Indian fanbase. 'Sir' is the tile used for him.

Tarek Fatah? Tahir Gora? I think both are in Canada and often collaborate with each other... My point wasn't about haters and hecklers who have been booted out and have a personal gripe against Pakistan or Army specifically, it was about real rational people with a thoughtful perspective!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom