What's new

25 Viper fighter jets to Morocco for $ 3.7 billion and the upgrade of 23 Block 52 to V

Getting the money is the least of PAF's problems, it's getting US approval for not only the upgrades of existing F-16s but the purchase of new ones. Given the geopolitical realities, US will do nothing to tip the balance of power against India. It's possible PAF can order more F-16s Block 52s (and pay for them!) but forget getting AESA radar or the latest Block 70s or 72s.

When PAF gets Blk72 & V upgrades, you can do your antim sanskar.

Can someone explain to me why countries are still buying New F-16s when,

1) most of Western countries are already looking to replace their F-16s with new F-16(F-35).

2) Plane/Body is 40 years old already.

LM wants to close F-16 production that's why with MMRCA 2.0 they offered to open new F-16 factory to India to supply all f-16 spares and planes to other countries from India if we pick their F-16/F-21 design.

Sure. The key word here, of course, is "when." :D
you are just trolling in real fact paksitan is keeping away from purchase of more US equpment . in recent years paksitan signed billions of dollars deals with turkey china italy 100s millions dollars deals with russia ukrine holland UK brazil south africa . only major arms paksitan buy from usa recently is MAXXPRO .

Pakistan was too much depend on US and since trump took office paksitan learnt a lesson once again that US is not trust worthy .

Can someone explain to me why countries are still buying New F-16s when,

1) most of Western countries are already looking to replace their F-16s with new F-16(F-35).

2) Plane/Body is 40 years old already.

LM wants to close F-16 production that's why with MMRCA 2.0 they offered to open new F-16 factory to India to supply all f-16 spares and planes to other countries from India if we pick their F-16/F-21 design.
you need to learn aviation specially military aviation from ABCD sir .

WHY India purchased now C-130 its 70 years old plane and body as per your own logic ?

Read US presidents, random comment 4~5 days back on Pakistan. Then you can burn some more.

When you say random comment, do you mean this?

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/don...says-relationship-very-good-right-now-2011430

How does this translate into PAF getting its hands on more F-16s, including upgrades? Sounds like Trump is more pleased with the progress on peace talks in Afghanistan than anything else. I think you are putting too much stock into Trump's statement.:

Then we have Secretary of State Pompeo say that Pakistan needs to stop harboring terrorists:

https://www.samaa.tv/global/2019/03...-terrorists-pompeo-wants-pakistan-to-do-more/

Trump praises Pakistan while Pompeo slaps. Strange signals coming from US.

Nevertheless, even during the best of times, US never gave PAF AESA-equipped F-16s nor gave the latest versions of A-to-A missiles. I doubt things are going to change on this front.

you are just trolling in real fact paksitan is keeping away from purchase of more US equpment . in recent years paksitan signed billions of dollars deals with turkey china italy 100s millions dollars deals with russia ukrine holland UK brazil south africa . only major arms paksitan buy from usa recently is MAXXPRO .

Pakistan was too much depend on US and since trump took office paksitan learnt a lesson once again that US is not trust worthy .

you need to learn aviation specially military aviation from ABCD sir .

WHY India purchased now C-130 its 70 years old plane and body as per your own logic ?
True, I used to be a know all of defence related matters till I was 18, later I gained interest in only History and Religion thus lost almost all of my knowledge on matters related to defence.

When you say random comment, do you mean this?

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/don...says-relationship-very-good-right-now-2011430

How does this translate into PAF getting its hands on more F-16s, including upgrades? Sounds like Trump is more pleased with the progress on peace talks in Afghanistan than anything else. I think you are putting too much stock into Trump's statement.:

Then we have Secretary of State Pompeo say that Pakistan needs to stop harboring terrorists:

https://www.samaa.tv/global/2019/03...-terrorists-pompeo-wants-pakistan-to-do-more/

Trump praises Pakistan while Pompeo slaps. Strange signals coming from US.

Nevertheless, even during the best of times, US never gave PAF AESA-equipped F-16s nor gave the latest versions of A-to-A missiles. I doubt things are going to change on this front.
did paksitan requested from USA ? you are wired you yourself declaring something which is not on earth . PAF will have AESA fighter jet in jan2020 . we already have change the direction since last 20 years only indians can not see it . how many fighter jet Pakistan purchased from USA since last 15 years ? nothing 0 . we have a clear direction of jf-17 block-3 and project AZM .

I was not trolling, I was just responding to @Bilal Khan (Quwa) post, where he asked why PAF has not asked US for upgrades of F-16s and purchase of new F-16s. I gave my reasons why it's hard given the geopolitical realities.

That Pakistan is diversifying its military purchases and not rely on US is a good thing. Something they should've of done long ago.

True, I used to be a know all of defence related matters till I was 18, later I gained interest in only History and Religion thus lost almost all of my knowledge on matters related to defence.
f-16 in 1980 was not what f-16 is in 2020 . everything is fully changed its new fighter engine weapons electronics radars sensor pods even they airframe is not same. and its capable as new fighters of 4th++ gen . that is why they buying it .

I was not trolling, I was just responding to @Bilal Khan (Quwa) post, where he asked why PAF has not asked US for upgrades of F-16s and purchase of new F-16s. I gave my reasons why it's hard given the geopolitical realities.

That Pakistan is diversifying its military purchases and not rely on US is a good thing. Something they should've of done long ago.
i have seen only this page sorry then . yeah paksitan should get away from USA in 1979 BUT THEM MUSHY the dictator took us more 10 years . thank god he did not role back jf-17 and other projects in US love affair .otherwise today we were another taiwan .

Thank God Americans not willing to sell us more of their f16's and other advanced wares.

Our mainstay fighters and radars must not be of Americans origin a gradual shift is much needed.

hahahahah really , then why ur country spend 1000 milliard $ last 40 years to train and gave weapons to polisario don't tell me ur regime shit bcz it's rediclous how u push all your resource to cut a muslim's country land !
and btw we don't care anymore because the sahara is ours and ur regime is going down soon ! we win, u lost
You won what? You may think you gained because Bouteflika protected your asses all these years..The Polisario laminated Moroccan forces, it was Chadli who saved your asses..

As your regime reserves algerian gas to israel through egypt hahahaha
at least we are cooperating with our musim brothers
Nobody said we are perfect..Egypt was on our food stamp card since the 60’s but all will end this year...

Algeria, is a major oil exporter as well.

It has the 2nd Largest reserves in Africa, right?
Yes, one of the richest country.. with 2/3 of the country is unexplored...All the reserve figures given are plainly false..The 12 Billion oil reserves assigned to the country dated back to the 60s since then, Algeria produced more that that and the reserve are still 12billion barrels..to this day..

In all and all, the sell of the F16 was just a proposal the US made to Morocco, it wasn’t inked yet..A $5 B deal is very expensive for a strapped economy and a poor country as Morocco...Morocco is not regarded as Egypt by the the Arabs potentate..Egypt is near to them and a threat to their survival due to the explosive Egyptian’s birth rate..Morocco is far and its population is averse to the Arab states...

You won what? You may think you gained because Bouteflika protected your asses all these years..The Polisario laminated Moroccan forces, it was Chadli who saved your asses..

Nobody said we are perfect..Egypt was on our food stamp card since the 60’s but all will end this year...

Yes, one of the richest country.. with 2/3 of the country is unexplored...All the reserve figures given are plainly false..The 12 Billion oil reserves assigned to the country dated back to the 60s since then, Algeria produced more that that and the reserve are still 12billion barrels..to this day..

In all and all, the sell of the F16 was just a proposal the US made to Morocco, it wasn’t inked yet..A $5 B deal is very expensive for a strapped economy and a poor country as Morocco...Morocco is not regarded as Egypt by the the Arabs potentate..Egypt is near to them and a threat to their survival due to the explosive Egyptian’s birth rate..Morocco is far and its population is averse to the Arab states...
hahahahha protected us ? he was the most extremist person against morocco and now his can't even move his hand and algeria is going to be Syria 2.0 , and guess what? the sahara is still moroccan and we are prepared some new missiles for those rats too , hell yeah !

novy-radar.png

• screenshot-www-lockheedmartin-com-2018-11-11-17-34-47.png

img

Not many may be aware that F-16v Block 70/72 Super Viper has been fitted with a state of the art AESA fire control radar AN/APG-83. It has a detection range of 120 km and engagement range of 84 km. It can simultaneously track more than 20 targets. It integrates within the aircraft’s current structural, power and cooling systems. Many people understand the capabilities of a radar only from range. But that is not the be all and end all of radar.

The capabilities of this AESA radar AN/APG-83 RADAR are derived from 5th generation fighter AESA radars i.e. APG-77 of F-22 and APG-81 of F-35. Moreover bvr capabilities of F-16 Super Viper with this radar have to be viewed from the fact that this aircraft has a clean RCS of only 1m square. F-16 is planform in construction plus painted with Radar Absorbing Material.

Japan Self Defence Force (JSDF-Mitsubishi had built a technology demonstrator from F-16) that developed this radar calls it Viper Zero, which you can understand as giving Viper zero probability of getting detected or RCS approaching Zero.

Moreover AN/APG-83 RADAR can send its signal emissions across a wider range of frequencies which makes F-16 difficult to be detected over background noise.

SABR (Scalable Agile Beam Radar) as the radar is called has greater bandwidth, speed, agility of the radar which gives the pilot 5th generation fighter radar capabilities to counter and defeat increasingly sophisticated threats.

The qualities of this radar include :

- Big SAR wide area high-resolution maps
- High quality coordinate generation
- Faster search and target acquisition
- Smaller target detection
- Multi-target tracking
- Robust electronic protection ( Air to Air and Air to Ground)
– Enhanced Combat ID
– Interleaved mode operations for greater situational awareness
– Maritime modes
– 3-5x greater reliability and availability.

( Information gathered from manufacturer Northrop Grumman and various other sources).

AESA is a real force multiplier in two respects. One is that the pilot is able to become the manager of the battlespace with the significant increases in the ability to track and manage targets. The other is that the large number of T/R [transmit/receive] modules makes the antenna a multi-functional array. The fighter is now no longer just tracking targets, but it is capable of conducting radar mapping, function as an ISR platform, and transmitting EW.”

The autonomy that an AESA provides—freeing the fighter pilot from dependence on an airborne early warning and control (AEW&C) aircraft or ground-controlled intercept—is an attractive capability to have because of the speed at which today’s combat operations take place. The AESA also allows an aircraft to engage and fire on a larger number of targets, as well as hand-off targeting data to other aircraft.

f-16_block_70_klicove_systemy_big.jpg

Last edited:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom