What's new

23rd March 2013: Resolution Day ( )

What does Pakistan Day signify?

What does Pakistan DAy signify? Is it like our republc day?

Any way, congrats guys,long live pakistan!!!!

Waiting to see the military parade pics!

A resolution was passed in Lahore for a new state for the muslims of the sub continent on 23rd March 1940. This day is celebrated in memory of that resolution.

Thanks Areesh. So this day has been celebrated since Independence, the first Pakistan Day being celebrated in 1948?

Thanks Areesh. So this day has been celebrated since Independence, the first Pakistan Day being celebrated in 1948?

Yes it is celebrated since independence. 23rd march is Pakistan day. 14 august is independence day. 25 December is Quaid's birthday. These are the national holidays of Pakistan.

Bhai koi to reply karo? What does Pakistan Day stand for? When did you start celebrating it?

Pakistan Day (Youm-e-Pakistan) or Pakistan Resolution Day also Republic Day is a national holiday in Pakistan to commemorate the Lahore Resolution of 1940 and the adoption of the first constitution of Pakistan during the transition of the Dominion of Pakistan to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan on 23 March 1956 making Pakistan the world's first Islamic republic.

Pakistan Day (Youm-e-Pakistan) or Pakistan Resolution Day also Republic Day is a national holiday in Pakistan to commemorate the Lahore Resolution of 1940 and the adoption of the first constitution of Pakistan during the transition of the Dominion of Pakistan to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan on 23 March 1956 making Pakistan the world's first Islamic republic.

Now I am confused. Areesh says it was celebrate since Independence. What you are saying is similar to our Republic Day.

That I got. What I meant was the confusion about since when it was celebrated. 1948 or 1956?

It was always celebrated. Since independence. Might have became official since 1956. But even before that this day had its own importance and was celebrated.

Back
Top Bottom