What's new

2016 Revolution! Lahore City of Pakistan

actually to be fair, when city governments had power in Musharraf's time, MQM (maybe it was only Mustafa Kamal, but he still belonged to MQM) did quite a lot. Signal free corridors were constructed, Karachi was kept clean and green. Even after intense rainfalls during Mustafa Kamal's era, no rainwater used to flood the roads. Garbage was collected regularly. Roads and streets were well maintained. Green spaces and parks were built and maintained. And then 2008 came, and PPP came in power, and everything went to sh*t.

The city turned into a garbage-can, no maintenance whatsoever was carried out of the drainage and sewage systems, water supply was disrupted, traffic system destroyed. And of course some mega projects that foreign investors were funding were put on hold. I still remember Karachi IT tower was to be built, land was purchased, excavation carried out, but nothing happened, as investors lost interest.

I will not listen to these wild allegations, here at PPP, I will have you know sir that, we don't take bribes we take commission. Yes majority of the projects we take 100% as commission, but good news is we invest all the money earned from our commission in offshore banks, create 1000s of badly needed jobs, we do this for the love of Pakistan off course sir, This commission will keep our kids or your future leaders financially secure. Please feel free to tell me what's wrong with us looking after Pakistan future leaders:cray:.

Last edited:
actually to be fair, when city governments had power in Musharraf's time, MQM (maybe it was only Mustafa Kamal, but he still belonged to MQM) did quite a lot. Signal free corridors were constructed, Karachi was kept clean and green. Even after intense rainfalls during Mustafa Kamal's era, no rainwater used to flood the roads. Garbage was collected regularly. Roads and streets were well maintained. Green spaces and parks were built and maintained. And then 2008 came, and PPP came in power, and everything went to sh*t.

The city turned into a garbage-can, no maintenance whatsoever was carried out of the drainage and sewage systems, water supply was disrupted, traffic system destroyed. And of course some mega projects that foreign investors were funding were put on hold. I still remember Karachi IT tower was to be built, land was purchased, excavation carried out, but nothing happened, as investors lost interest.

I shared a link to an article a few pages back. It raised a very valid point about the PPP and Karachi. PPP just won one seat from Karachi and they are in power in Sindh due to the votes from rural Sindh. They have zero reason to be accountable to the people of Karachi. Not that they are doing much for rural Sindh either.

Mustafa Kamal's message of devolution of powers to UC Nazims really resonates with me. It makes sense. Karachi had that devolution of power under Musharraf and I believe that is why we saw so much development in Karachi in those days. Unfortunately, PPP's singular reason for existence is to stay in power. Since they don't really need to win in Karachi they reversed all the devolution of power so they can make more money. Karachi be damned. Karachi is the golden goose PPP is holding hostage and killing in its lust for power and money.

Last edited:
PPP just won one seat from Karachi and they are in power in Sindh due to the votes from rural Sindh. They have zero reason to be accountable to the people of Karachi. Not that they are doing much for rural Sindh either. Since they don't really need to win in Karachi they reversed all the devolution of power so they can make more money. Karachi be damned. Karachi is the golden goose PPP is holding hostage and killing in its lust for power and money.

Agreed..................................:big_boss:

Ok lets compare 18 years of NS+SS rule in Punjab to 3 years rule of IK in KPK

1. Video of Traffic Police System

2. Video of Bab-e-Peshawar Bridge (2nd Largest Bridge in Pakistan)

3. Video about free Medical insurance card

4. Video about updates in the tourist sector
(the chair-lift are already up and running now)

5. Video about the new Police SCU (trained by Army SSG)

who is because 18 years please elaborate?

I have to say Shahbaz Sharif has turned Lahore into a gem despite all other facts.
Karachi needs to be run by representatives of Karachi just like lahore is, but sadly not even a single representative of karachi is meber of Sindh assembly.
I agree MQM was involved in target killing and bhatta khori and they are paying for it but at the same time Karachites remember it was the same MQM's CDGK team under Mustafa Kamal that truly changed Karachi into city of Lights along with Naimatullah Khan of JI from 2002 to 2007 and then in 2008 PPP ruined the whole Sindh and karachi turning Larkana into Mohenjo daro and Karchi into ratodero.
And during this time MQM joined hands with PPP to save their asses from operation and karachi saw rapid rise in target killing and bhatta khori and infrastructure was totally destroyed and now MQM and others they are paying for it.
I support Karachi operation no-go areas are almost extinct in Karachi due to efforts of Rangers and law enforcements. but at the same time street crimes are getting higher which in some cases are backed by local police.
Pakistan need new provinces on administrative basis specailly Sindh or otherwise Karachi will become worse than it was before.

Last edited:
Islamabad is still my number 1. :p:
By faaar Islambad is much better. Lahore has been turned into a concrete jungle. I don't fancy living there especially from city in the forest (Atlanta), Islambad and Abbottabad represent some great places to stay in Pakistan.

By faaar Islambad is much better. Lahore has been turned into a concrete jungle. I don't fancy living there especially from city in the forest (Atlanta), Islambad and Abbottabad represent some great places to stay in Pakistan.

Amongst the big urban cities lahore would rank second to Islamabad . Lahore is surprisingly green compared to other Pakistani Cities .

who is because 18 years please elaborate?

Nawaz Sharif tenure as CM of Punjab under party name Islami Jamhoori Ittehad

April 9, 1985 - August 6, 1990 = 5 years +4 months

Ghulam Haider Wyne tenure of CM Punjab under party name Islami Jamhoori Ittehad

August 6, 1990 - April 25, 1993 = 2 years + 8 months

Shabaz Sharif as CM of Punjab under party name PMLN

1st tenure

February 20, 1997 - October 12, 1999 = 2 years + 8 months

2nd tenure

June 8, 2008 - March 26, 2013 = 4 years + 9 months

3rd tenure

Jun 23, 2013 - ongoing = 3 years + 2 months

So to be exactly accurate the total time in power by N league/ Islami Jamhoori Ittehad = 18 years + 8 months in Punjab alone.

Nawaz as PM of Pakistan

1st tenure

6 November 1990 – 18 July 1993 = 2 years + 8 months

2nd tenure

17 February 1997 – 12 October 1999 = 2 years + 8 months

3rd tenure

5 June 2013 - current = 3 years + 3 month

Total time as PM of Pakistan = 8 years + 8 months

Amongst the big urban cities lahore would rank second to Islamabad . Lahore is surprisingly green compared to other Pakistani Cities .

Karachi is better than Lahore despite multiple problems. It has a much better educated and well cultured population, international feel that is unbeatable in Pakistan and a sense of openness partly due to proximity to the sea and constant sea breeze.

However I have lived in Lahore also for almost a year. I liked the society where I lived but as soon as I ventured out of the area...I found myself wishing every moment to turn back or cross the city and go somewhere else.

Karachi is better than Lahore despite multiple problems. It has a much better educated and well cultured population, international feel that is unbeatable in Pakistan and a sense of openness partly due to proximity to the sea and constant sea breeze.

However I have lived in Lahore also for almost a year. I liked the society where I lived but as soon as I ventured out of the area...I found myself wishing every moment to turn back or cross the city and go somewhere else.

Both have it's advantages and disadvantages . Karachi feels international , more multi-cultural , has more highrise , beaches but also is more dirty , has more poor people , more violent . Lahore's infrastructure is definitely better .

Both are equal in the cuisine department though .

Last edited:
WOW, i enjoyed the video, so much clean!!!

Lahore City of Pakistan

Sharif guy is stealing money from rest of Punjab, even the major city like Rawalpindi and using it in lahore to solidify his vote bank. Pindi boys should use their military danda to get money out of Noora rare

Larkana into Mohenjo daro and Karchi into ratodero
LMFAOOOOO :rofl:

If MQM had not played the Mahajir Card and spread the mis-information in the masses of karachi, she would have been a successful party, but sadly, these things can not go un noticed, simple is that, no hard feelings

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom